Oh DEER!

Options

Replies

• MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was walking on a trail one afternoon during lunch, and when I turned around to go back to the office, the trail was blocked by wild turkeys. They are mean things, and I have a fear of birds to begin with! Ended up having to wait a few minutes until they cleared out, and then it was all good!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I was running on a marathon once and the girl ahead of me, seems like she needed to pee, she didnt stop at all, I saw how she just let the pee go, and i saw how the pee was just going down her leg!!!!! maybe she was traying to break her best personal record

I cannot imagine ever feeling a PR was so important that I would piss myself intentionally!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Bump. So funny!
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    It was dark out and I almost ran over a skunk.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I walked out of my apartment gym one night and the path was pretty dark - all of a sudden something furry starting whirling around like a tasmanian devil between my feet - I screamed and tried to jump out of the way, but it was all tangled up with my legs - finally got ourselves untangled and discovered it was a racoon - thank goodness I didn't get bit!
  • skipbeat97
    Options
    o.o I don't have any but geez....I didn't think deer were that stupid...
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have scared the *kitten* out of a deer before.... literally came around a corner and the deer and I both froze. It turned, pooped, and ran away. I've also almost stepped on an armadillo.

The funniest run I had was on a trail. Up ahead of me a road runner bird chased a mouse or other small creature across the trail. A second later the road runner ran back across the trail as it was chased by a cat. Ten seconds later the cat ran back across the trail chased by a dog. I slowed down because I wasn't sure I wanted to see what was going to chase the dog back across the trail.

First you are talking about roadrunners, then multiple animal chases... too funny!! At what point did you think "when did I end up in a cartoon?"
    the only thing you didnt see was the wild e coyote. lol
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    So far I guess the only thing that has happened to me while running was with knats. I kept running through swarms of them but did not think anything of it. I went immediatly to the store to buy water bottles when I was through and kept getting weird looks from people. I got back into my car and looked in the mirror and had probably over 100 of those little suckers stuck in sweat to any exposed skin and all over my face. YUCK!!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I was jogging with one of my dogs after dark and another neighborhood mutt ran up beside us so i petted it.....only to reakize it was a full grown coyote. it flipped out almost as much as i did, and now my dog wont run by the woods.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Bump for the funny stories! I'm too new to running to contribute anything good yet :wink:
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    It was dark out and I almost ran over a skunk.

Glad you didn't get sprayed!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    We weren't running, but had been munro bagging up in Scotland. When DH and I got back to the car we opened up all the doors to cool it down whilst changing out of our boots etc. I got the fright of my life when I went to get into my side of the car - there was a mountain goat in my seat eating our lunch! I've never laughed so much in my life, watching DH trying to persuade it to get out and all the while it was pooping all over the place. x

Edited to add that it was the mountain goat and not my husband that was pooping.
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    Earlier this summer I went climbing hills on an old horse riding trail through the woods. It's a steep climb and I love that it challenges me while my Fitbit keeps track of the floors climbed ...

Anyhow, I get to the top of the bluff area and there's an opening where the trail leads into another thick of the woods. I get about 100 yd in when I hear a rustling in the trees to my right. As I walk by I can't see anything, (figuring a squirrel) but then I look back and see a wild turkey run across the trail. It kind of startled me, but then again wildlife is common so I never thought anything of it ... the problem was this wild turkey was on crack!! He started making all kinds of noise, running around back and forth across the trail like I somehow invaded his territory. Then he decides the way to freak me out would be to start circling (5' away) me like Indians circling a wagon train in the 1800's ... lol I figured that I had somehow pissed him off and he was protecting something, perhaps a nesting hen or whatever .. figured it was best to turn around and leave him be. Well, I did and he continued to do the wagon train ambush maneuver until I had gotten plenty far away from where I first disturbed him. I have never before come across a wild turkey with such an attitude! Thanksgiving will bring sweet revenge! LOL
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    So far I guess the only thing that has happened to me while running was with knats. I kept running through swarms of them but did not think anything of it. I went immediatly to the store to buy water bottles when I was through and kept getting weird looks from people. I got back into my car and looked in the mirror and had probably over 100 of those little suckers stuck in sweat to any exposed skin and all over my face. YUCK!!

Oh how gross!!
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    I was jogging with one of my dogs after dark and another neighborhood mutt ran up beside us so i petted it.....only to reakize it was a full grown coyote. it flipped out almost as much as i did, and now my dog wont run by the woods.

Holy crap!! You got lucky lady!
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    Bump for the funny stories! I'm too new to running to contribute anything good yet :wink:

I have only been running a couple months..... today I ran my first nonstop 5k. Well other than when I hit the brakes to avoid deer collision!
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    We weren't running, but had been munro bagging up in Scotland. When DH and I got back to the car we opened up all the doors to cool it down whilst changing out of our boots etc. I got the fright of my life when I went to get into my side of the car - there was a mountain goat in my seat eating our lunch! I've never laughed so much in my life, watching DH trying to persuade it to get out and all the while it was pooping all over the place. x

Edited to add that it was the mountain goat and not my husband that was pooping.

Omg that is hilarious!! Lucky ut only ate your lunch, nit your upholstery!
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    Earlier this summer I went climbing hills on an old horse riding trail through the woods. It's a steep climb and I love that it challenges me while my Fitbit keeps track of the floors climbed ...

Anyhow, I get to the top of the bluff area and there's an opening where the trail leads into another thick of the woods. I get about 100 yd in when I hear a rustling in the trees to my right. As I walk by I can't see anything, (figuring a squirrel) but then I look back and see a wild turkey run across the trail. It kind of startled me, but then again wildlife is common so I never thought anything of it ... the problem was this wild turkey was on crack!! He started making all kinds of noise, running around back and forth across the trail like I somehow invaded his territory. Then he decides the way to freak me out would be to start circling (5' away) me like Indians circling a wagon train in the 1800's ... lol I figured that I had somehow pissed him off and he was protecting something, perhaps a nesting hen or whatever .. figured it was best to turn around and leave him be. Well, I did and he continued to do the wagon train ambush maneuver until I had gotten plenty far away from where I first disturbed him. I have never before come across a wild turkey with such an attitude! Thanksgiving will bring sweet revenge! LOL

They are mean birds!! Make sure you think of this on Thanksgiving lol!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I was in a marathon where a runner ahead of me collided with a deer. Apparently this happens quite a bit.

:laugh: ok it seems mean but when I read this I couldn't stop laughing. The mental picture of it was hysterical. Then I thought this poor guy trained so hard for this race but how could he/she have trained for this! Then I turned to my husband who asked why I was laughing and asked him if he thinks this could happen. He said "to you...most definitely.". :laugh:
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    About 8 years ago I went on a long evening horseback ride. A bat flew into my hair and got his feet tangled up in my up-do. Noises came out of my mouth that were not human. I totally spooked my horse, I finally got free, and cried hyterically all the way home. I even left my horse in the dark. My hubby retrieved my horse and I couldn't go out at dusk for a good month. Still never ride at that time of day without a hat. Nothing gives my children more laughter than this story. There have been several incidents of wet pants. I have yet to find the humor!!!!!