Do you keep your diary open/closed?

Options

Replies

• runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Open! I love feedback. I'm old enough to weed out the silly comments.

Love the accountability. I ate pizza today but it fit with my calorie goals. Tomorrow, life will be back to normal :happy:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Open to all, like it or not I am not hiding anything...some days when I have an eating fest I put myself over with quick calories but I am honest about it being an out of control day.
    If people like what I eat then they can copy, I do the same from others. I never comment on folks "under daily goals" if their diaries are not open...could be unhealthy under if you know what I mean...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    closed.. never thought about it. if people ask me what i eat i tell them, i haven't thought about why i don't open it, just never did from the get go.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Mine is open.
    It keeps me from eating TOO badly because I remember "Ohshiz, people can see my diary, I don't want to be cheating on my diet and looking like a bad influence."

Lol, like.. When someone is watching you do something, you instantly try your hardest, that's the feeling for me.

^^ Exactly! I feel like I'm being held accountable, and I think twice MOST of the time. I still don't eat that great but at least with it open to my friends and others I feel like I'm eating a bit better than I would be if no one saw it.
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Open to keep me accountable :)

This.
    I like and open diary with my friends also. I often see something on theirs that ends up on mine the following week.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    My diary is wide open to everyone. PURPOSE: Accountability. I have friends on heer that know me in real life and would call me out in a heartbeat if I lied about my food. LOL. I also get questions sometimes about what I eat.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Closed... I am an adult.. I am also pretty well versed on diet and nutrition and health matter. I am currently working on MS that covers all of these topics associated with diet and nutrition and the science of it all. I am confident with my knowledge. I am no know it all and can always learn more but there are many here very quick to judge and that considerr themselves the ultimate experts. I love a dose of in your face honesty but don't need self righteous judgement.

I hate to sound this way, there are many wonderful peo[ple on this site. But also many quick to judge and jump all over eachother too.
  • RoseSweet
    Options
    I'm doing the weight watchers version of counting calories, fruit and non starchy veggies are not counted, so my diary looks confusing, so not to mess anyone up I keep mine closed.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. It's just not that serious to me. Nobody has ever said anything to me and if they did, I wouldn't pay them no mind. What I eat is none of the business unless I am asking them. I always look at other people's to get ideas or just to look so I think it's fair to keep mine open.
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If so, what are your reasons for doing so? I recently closed mine because I have switched to a low carb diet and was getting negative feedback from people. Other than that, I was fine with it being open:) What's your stance?
    My diary is open and I am also on a low-carb diet monitored by Stanford University Study and I have lost 32 pounds in a healthy way since April 26, 2012, so I welcome any comments. According to the University study those who are insulin resistant will be successful on a low-carb diet where those who are insulin sensitive will do well on a low-fat diet. There are 4 cohorts to the study and we were divided by insulin resistance or sensitivity which was determined by many lab tests. Anyone is welcome to criticize me but I know what works for me and if they think they know better than the researchers at Stanford University they are welcome to bring it on!!!! Another words I don't really care about the nay sayers and its a waste of their time since I pay no attention to them. Haters are going to hate but I'm not going to change my life because of their miserable existence. So, having said that if you want a open diary so others who really know and care can help you along then open it proudly. If you want it to be private then that's okay too but the important thing is that you do what YOU want to do without the fear of being ostracized.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the thought of people scrutinizing my daily diet! I really don't think it's anyone else's business, so I keep it private. I have always been a little weird about people knowing what I eat, so if that makes me abnormal, then so be it!
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I keep mine open to friends.
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed. I've seen way to much judgement masquerading as "tough love." If I wanted to be scrutinized and judged for everything I eat, then I'd go have dinner with my extended family.
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open
  • KeiKun
    KeiKun Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Closed! I've been doing loads of intermittent fasting [not for reasons related to weight loss] and people on here automatically assume the worst, and defriend anyone they know getting less than 1200cals a day :grumble:
    When I used to have it open it was much better though, because I was more motivated to eat healthy so people didn't think "Blimey, look how much she ate.... Fat cow :devil: "

:laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Wide open.

(Why wouldn't I?)
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    closed......peeps are too quick to judge!!

Same for me. If someone really wants to know how I do it, ask but don't judge me for what works for me.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Open to my MFP friends only. This holds me accountable because I know that they can see my choices. Also...I get ideas of healthy food combinations and snacks from their diary so turnabout is fair game. I also have been very lucky that even when I could have made better choices, they are very supportive and do not criticize, understanding that it is one day out of ________...
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Mine is either Public or Open to Friends.

I like to think while my meals aren't creative and tend to be a bit of the same day after day that they are healthy.

I know that some people on my friends list do check my diary regularly and if I do start slipping will make sure I know about it.
  • lowry12
    lowry12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    mines open i like the feedback positive or negative lol