Profile name

Options
ChapinaGrande
ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
I see that you all have the most interesting profile names. How did you come up with yours?

I'll start. My husband is from Guatemala. A person from Guatemala is informally known as a Chapin/Chapina. Even though I am gringa by birth, I consider myself an honorary Chapina by marriage, especially since I now have a scar from burning myself while making homemade tortillas. In addition, all the Central Americans I have ever met are very short. My husband is 5'5 to my 5'10, so I am pretty durn gigantic to him and his friends and family--hence ChapinaGrande. My husband always chuckles when he sees me on here because of my name. :)

Replies

• TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    From Texas, nickname used to be Angel and was born in 79
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Typo
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I love the show Dexter. And since I'm not a man, I change it to Dextress. = )
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    It's a play on my last name. In high school I played sports and the sports page had a lead an article headlined "A Spanntastic finish" (my last name being Spann) after I scored 8 points in the last minute to win the game. After that everyone kept calling me spanntastic and well I just used it as my e-mail and username since then.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Come on. Definitely a given. Ive been in love with Red Bull since I started high school. So.... it's probably been about 8 years. Give or take. It really does give me wings.
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    my name and age..I'm not very creative!!! lol
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,916 Member
    Options
    My nickname in college was Mac (that user name was taken) and my nieces & nephews always called me Uncle Mac.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    PG is My Initials
    3 is for the Union I belong to
    IBEW is for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Im a red head and a fan of Clockwork :)
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Because I fell down the steps many many years ago and apparently looked like a Slinky toy. The nickname Slinky just stuck and I started using it for everything, only that spelling was taken so I changed it to Slinkee. It evolved into IMSLINKEE (I'm Slinkee) and has just stuck ever since.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    My first name and one of my DJ aliases smashed together xD
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My initials and year of birth... everything else I tried was taken so my choices got smaller and smaller. I am very impressed with some peoples usernames. So creative!!!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Short for my last name and the name of a business I had for a short time then the year of my birth tacked on; I use the kdeaux name several places online.
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My Hubby calls me Kitten and sometimes Kitty... and you guessed it, sometimes Kitteh.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My name is Diana hence the di
    2=to
    lose well obvious
    w8=weight

Always wonder if people think it means dying to lose weight…not so!
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mine means whatever anyone wants it to mean... I like the word wicked... and bean... well yeah i can't put why I decided to choose that or I would get a warning at the very least.
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My name is Terry, which is always taken, so I just add to it. Here it's Terryism, sometimes I go with Terryastic or Terrylific...I'm just goofy like that.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like The Crow a lot and the Joker so that's where the "smile" part comes from. The "untold" part of it used to be the name of my blog "The Untold Smile" before I changed it. I use different versions of "smile". I like it.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    One of my good friend's name going all the way back to the days of myspace (lol ancient nowadays) her name was nikki novacaine. and i wanted something cool like that for my name. we couldnt think of a drug that sounded nice with my name but we came up with symphony. So it's my name, Shalea with symphony added to it :)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I've always had a few issues with following rules. My childhood dance instructor gave me the name because I was a "pistol." Crystal is my real first name. Sadly, at 31, it still fits.