ghosts

Options

Replies

• AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I believe in ghosts and ive had a few experiences with them from being a kid, I've seen a few things this year but i cant make up my mind if they were real or my imagination with those ones as it was during the night. Ive seen, and heard things when I was about 9 i heard children playing and singing a old skipping rope song in a graveyard even though it was deserted and the place was down a country road so no one else was around outside the place either and in my teens there was a loud knock on my bedroom door that i swear shook my room when i was about to plugin some faulty electrical equipment even though no one else was around, also when i was about 13 i choked and i couldn't breath and i swear i had a out of body experience but that my rational thinking is that maybe my body was in shock from not being able to breathe and that was my minds way of coping with it (i know that last part isnt a ghost experience i guess but kind of similar with the spirit leaving the body?) anyway i have loads of stories involving my family and stuff with ghosts too.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I was in my bedroom getting ready for bed and saw something out of the corner of my eye from across the room. It was a little ball of white light. It then floated towards me until it was right in front of me. The one ball of light soon became dozens. I thought, "This can't be real. It's definitely just some floaters in my eyes." So I closed and opened my eyes and they were still there. I then moved my eyes from side to side and they stayed in the same place. I've gotten floaters and spots in my eyes before, but this was unlike anything I've seen in my life. It was very bright and sparkly and I feel a sense of calm come over me. Then, it just slowly faded away.

This happened to me!! I thought I was crazy! This happened like 6 years ago. I woke up in the middle of the night, opened my eyes, and directly in front of my eyes was a bunch of undulating, white lights. I just laid there and stared at it for a minute, and the lights kept moving and coming toward me. I freaked out, screamed, and turned on my lamp and woke up my hubby and told him what I saw, thinking maybe it was a dream or something. Then he told me that he had seen the same exact thing a few nights before, and thought HE was crazy and didn't say anything to me! So freaky! We never saw them again, though.

Another really freaky thing that happened to me. When my son was a baby, we had a baby monitor with 2 receivers; one for the bedroom and one for the living room. One night, I was lying in bed, trying to fall asleep. My husband decided to stay up and watch some TV. I was laying there when I heard someone whisper on the monitor, "Go back to bed," clear as a bell. I thought it was my husband just fooling around with me, so I snuck in the baby's room as quiet as I could to go scare him back. He wasn't there. So I ran downstairs and he was in the living room sprawled out on the couch, watching TV. He says to me, "Is Mikey awake? I heard you on the monitor tell him to go back to bed." I about s**t myself. We didn't sleep for a week.

Another instance that I've encountered something. I was in my early 20s, living in a duplex. My neighbor's stairs were directly behind my living room wall and I could hear them walk up and down the stairs a lot. One day I was home alone, just having a relaxing, quiet day after having a long work week. I kept hearing the neighbors clomping up and down the stairs. I started getting irritated so I called my best friend who lived across the street; asked her if she could do me a favor and knock on my neighbors' door and tell them to be quiet because I was chilling on the couch and I didn't want to move my fat, tired butt myself (lol). She says, "I would, but they are out of town for a week." No one was home next door! I just flew out of there, ran to my best friend's house, and wouldn't stay alone in my house until my neighbors got back from vacation a couple days later. Never heard the clomping again after that; just the normal, day to day, up and down stairs noise that I'd always heard before. So freaky.

I have other stories too. Just getting too tired to write them out. Lol. So, YES, I do believe in ghosts.
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that every bump in the night is a ghoulie or ghostie or long-leggedity beastie. That being said, I don't automatically discount every story I hear.

This is my best story. In college, I was staying with a friend who roomed at a lady's house in the Shenendoah Valley. The woman's husband was dead, as was her daughter. My friend had left for school and I'd decided to have a lie-in and read. I heard someone coming up the inside basement steps and assumed it was the woman's son, although I was puzzled as to why he's come in throught the basement and why he was taking so long. From where I was, I could see down the hall and into the kitchen. I heard the basement door open, heard the sound of the footsteps change from muffled, on the carpeted steps, to louder on the vinyl floor. Also, I could then hear that the person was moving haltingly, dragging one leg.
    They walked across the kitchen, the sound changing once again when they got to the carpeted hallway. They walked down the hall, past my door, into the woman's bedroom and closed the door.
    The entire episode was aural only. Even though I could see the hallway and the bedroom door, I saw nothing. I was never afraid. When my friend got home, I told what I'd experienced and that was when I learned that the woman's husband had had a stroke some time before he died and had walked with a limp.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Yep, I believe in ghosts.
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    Yes I believe. Ive had several experiences, some not so scary some terrifying! One that really sticks out though is this
    My Nan, brother and myself were driving to see my great gran, as we did every weekend. And we were taking the scenic route. It was a nice day so the windows were open, and all of a sudden loads of dandelion heads flew into the car (you know the ones you blow as kids?) the car was filled with them that we had to stop. (Now I should mention here, we were beside a field and directly on the other side of the field was the site my mum had her car accident and sadly died) Anyway we managed to get them out and set off again, as we came round this corner to a big hill, a car was coming down it sideways! Luckily we were able to move out of its way but if we had not of stopped when we did, we would have been in the path of that car and goodness knows what would have happened! My Nan swears it was my mother sending us a message to protect us.

x
    I love this story. I agree with your Nan :smile: I believe in ghosts. I have only had one experience and that is when I was a small child. We had gone fishing in this pond that was beside this house that we use to live in. It started storming so we all ran into the house which was vacant. All of the kids started playing hide and seek while the adults were preparing lunch. I hid in a closet that had an attic. I remember having an odd feeling and I looked behind me and all I could see was a tall white ghostly figure. Being so small, it seemed like it never ended, like it went all the way to the attic. (it may have)
    I got the nerve to tell my mother about it a couple years later because it was something that kept nagging at me and she told me that she had some experiences in there one of them being hearing a woman singing a lullaby from that very attic.
  • DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Really drew out the crazy people with that one!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Really drew out the crazy people with that one!

Haha!
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    i ate one once
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    As evidenced by last night, and my terror of getting out of bed to pee after watching a Korean horror film about ghosts, I sure as hell believe in them at 3am when all the lights are off :/
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ummmm..........I see dead people.

No, I really don't. =P

I like to think it's possible until I'm proven otherwise.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I like to think I have an open mind about this. I don't know if this qualifies:
    Many years ago we were rehabing our 1rst apartment and my Dad was helping us I had just finished painting @ the bottom of the stairs when he slipped and put his hand through the wall. I gave him hell for it up and m we patched it up and moved on. Well my Dad died unexpectedly a few weeks later. The next time I made it back to the apartment there was a large handprint @ the bottom of the stairs where he had put his hand through the wall. Could have been someone else's but just seemed odd.
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yep I do believe. My hubby and I do private investigations and have found things on tape and video we can't explain. www.colonialparanormal.com

When I was a little kid we lived on a farmlet for a little while. Our nearest neighbour was at least a mile down the road. BUT I used to play with a little girl in the shearing shed. She wore a bonnet, long skirt and boots. No one could explain where she came from or why no one else saw her.

Next was when I was pregant with my first son. Standing at the sink I turned around to see an older woman behind me. Didnt surprise me as our house was a really busy place with people coming and going and neighbours popping in. I turned back to the the sink and then kinda realised I hadn't heard the door or heard her come in and I didn't know her....a few weeks later my partner (no ex) was going thru photos and I found a photo of this woman....it was my exs mother. She'd died in the house10 years earlier and he and his dad had performed CPR on her.

When we find something in film tape etc the idea is to find a reason for it to be there. To debunk it. But when you can't find a reason or a logical outcome for how that happened then it really only leaves one conclusion...the unknown!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do believe... After living in my Grandparents house, working in convalescence hospitals, home care for the elderly and hospice care... I believe.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I do believe in spooks I do believe in spooks I do I do I do I do I do.* Lion*

Actually they are spirits....All my life I have experienced them.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite types of threads! Yah!!!! :happy:
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do believe... After living in my Grandparents house, working in convalescence hospitals, home care for the elderly and hospice care... I believe.

Please elaborate.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I lived at my Grandparents house after I had my son. My grandmother was bedbound and my mother was taking care of her. I’d be up late at night taking care of/feeding my son and I could hear the slow cadence of footsteps upstairs. I KNEW my mom and grandma were sleeping… I checked on them, but could still hear the footsteps. I asked my family members if they had ever noticed anything about the house… and they denied ever experiencing anything. Truth came out years later… my brother heard the footsteps every night while he lived there, my mother actually saw something , my cousins reported hearing voices and being touched. When my son was older, just able to form sentences, he would talk to things, “Mama up there” and point to the ceiling/corner of the room.
    I’ve worked in many homes (convalescence/private) while caring for the elderly… something once blew in my ear, with force! While it happened, I couldn’t hear anything but the ‘woosh’ sound. I’ve heard loud crazy bangs, and seen things move (necklaces on hooks… nobody anywhere near them), seen shadows move. But I never will forget when I lost one of my hospice patients. The moment she passed you could feel a charge in the room… and the lights flickered. Yes, could all be coincidence… but it freaked me out! haha
    I also like to investigate and have some pretty interesting recordings.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I didn't. Had an experience a few years back and I believe in the possibility now.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My dog goes nuts when he's on our bottom floor, he'll sit and stare at the ceiling growling or barking in our spare room. Or stare and run out of a room. I generally just don't let him down there because it freaks me the hell out.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I went to college in Gettysburg, PA - due to being the site of the battle, it is supposedly one of the most haunted towns in America.

I had two experiences while there:

1) I was out after dark with some of my sorority sisters putting up flyers for an event. One of my sisters said she was scared to be out after dark because she was scared of ghosts. (No, I don't know why she went to that school either). So I mentioned that the building we were standing right in front of was supposed to be haunted. Just then, the railing on the front steps starting shaking back and forth - violently. No one else seemed to notice. I went over and touched it - and it was not loose - I couldn't even make it shake the tiniest bit, let alone as much as it had been. No one else seemed to notice it - I always considered it to be something that happened for me.

2) A few years ago, I went out to visit. My husband, brother and I shared a hotel room. In the middle of the night, I was awoken very suddenly from a dead sleep. I looked up and saw a man at the foot of my brother's bed. He actually kind of looked like my brother. I called out to my brother because I was trying to figure out why he was at the foot of the bed. The man disappeared and when I looked, my brother was asleep in his bed. I looked around the room to try to figure out if a combination of a few objects could have looked like a person but nothing did. I didn't think too much of it because that hotel was far away from the actual battle - but later I found out that there had been a field hospital on that site and many ghost sightings there.