Options

Replies

• blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    WOW! Well done you, that is amazing!
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Incredible...truly inspirational. You've done an outstanding job...thanks for sharing!
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress and keep it up!
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good for you. What an amazing transformation!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly!! Wow - congratulations!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing your progress!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    261 pounds lost in a year ...... that is absolutely amazing!!!!! Well done you are an inspiration!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing...it's great motivation!
  • Tamwoj
    Tamwoj Posts: 1
    Options
    Your photo and story has inspired me. I am 190 and want to get down to 140. I hope I can get my 50!off while you are working on your last 60. Congratulations!
  • brentdaniels
    Options
    Very inspiring. People like you are the reason I like this particular forum so much.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome!
  • lifescircle
    Options
    GOOD GRIEF GIRL! WOW! WOW! and WOW!

You are an absolute inspiration.

Thank you for sharing... sincerely, thank you.

Love love love it... and keep it going. You are doing... well, words leave me... just great. So glad you're sharing your success.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic work for a single year! So inspiring! And you actually look smaller than your stated weight. :smile: How tall are you?
  • ninec
    ninec Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pictures really get through to me that perseverance works. Thanks for sharing...you look great!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You have done great! When I leave here for my run in a few minutes, I'll think of you and I'll put in more effort to run faster and longer!!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    AMAZING!! You look great :)
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Well done!
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Now THIS is something to brag about and be proud of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job and don't let anyone tell you any different!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful supportive comments.

I am 5'10 and 33 years old. I aim for 120+grams of protein a day, 1200 calories, less than 100 grams of carbs, and work out for at least 2 hours a day for 6 days a week. I also take vitamins each day, and drink lots of water.

Yes, I had bariatric surgery. No, it is not the "easy fix", nor unhealthy, nor cheating, nor unnatural. I am not limited in anything food or liquid wise. The loss is completely of my own doing. I put in the time, and the food choices, plus the effort. It is no different from someone who is losing weight without the benefit of surgery. I was diabetic with extremely high blood pressure prior to surgery. Now my bp is that of a teenager, and I have sugars in the low end of normal. The surgery has helped me to be able to accomplish this. So has MFP. Both are tools to be utilized to their full extent of usefulness. I've found many wonderful supportive folks on this site and I am proud to call them my friends and support them to the full extent of my capability!!

I also want to say there is always an underlying reason for obesity. Before you can be successful and maintain that success you MUST determine and work on that/those reasons. You must also change your coping methods. A lot of us turn to food for comfort. This is not going to allow us to A) be happy. B) be healthy. C) maintain. I use meditation, exercise, journaling, and counseling to work on my issues and stress. It is a long hard road. Especially if, like me, you've been morbidly obese for your entire life. With that lifelong struggle with weight, came with early endured traumatic experiences, plus a childhood full of ridicule, negativity, and all resulted in an adult with tremendously low self-esteem (nonexistant to be more accurate), no sense of self worth, major depression, and a horribly low opinion of myself. The yo-yo dieting - the constant failure - increased that sense of worthlessness. I am currently working on that. It's hard. There are many many reels and tapes of negative talk and comments that run through my head every minute. With only having myself, not having anyone else, to add positive talk to counteract the negative thoughts and beliefs its tremendously difficult to fix those ingrained views and beliefs of myself.

To everyone reading this. Please be aware of how your words, looks, and comments can so very deeply affect someone. They can literally sink them to the depths of despair, increase their negative opinions of themselves or can help lift them up and assist in combating those negative beliefs. To those of you with S.O's who are struggling with these negative beliefs of themselves, your love, encouragement, praise, and actions can greatly help them to fight their internal dialogue. It's also been my experience that a partner that does not do these things for you can also enforce the negative thoughts and beliefs. Please be aware, just because you aren't being negative towards your S.O does not mean you aren't enforcing their own negative feelings about themselves. Especially if you are freely complimentary of others. ***Please, understand this all comes strictly from my own experiences and opinions, but is also drawn from my education and training as a counselor***

Just because a person is struggling with personal issues does not make it strictly their own battle to make or break themselves. Everyone they come into contact with influences their beliefs and those issues. Please, do all you can to help someone feel better about themselves. We are all beautiful, worthy of love and acceptance.

I wish you all luck in your journey. It is NOT easy, regardless of the tools you use. But, we are all capable of achieving our goals and helping others to achieve theirs!!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Kenda --

You are an amazing inspiration, and wrote some very wise things in your post re: VSG.

WTG, and keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!