Trim for Turkey Day now Trim for Valentines

Options

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or is this month already flying by a little too fast... We have 5 weeks and 5 days left until Valentines day... CRUNCH TIME!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and week and has great weigh in results on thursday....
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or is this month already flying by a little too fast... We have 5 weeks and 5 days left until Valentines day... CRUNCH TIME!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and week and has great weigh in results on thursday....

YES! I can't believe it's already the middle of the month!! Where is the time going???:laugh:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: About the Skechers Shape-Ups.......they feel great and make me feel bouncy and enthusiastic when I walk.....I've done a little dancing at home in them but mostly walking........one day I accidentally wore them to the dog park and walked in them on the uneven grassy and muddy terrain and loved how they felt, but I had to do some major washing of them when I got home so I won't do that again. I haven't worn them for any line dance or workout class so I don't know they would do for other activities.:flowerforyou: When I tried them on in the store I loved them immediately.:bigsmile:

Thanks Barbie, I will have to check them out.

I am getting the shape up boots!!! I live in Boston, so at this time of year getting sneakers wasn't very practical (but if I love them, I may have to invest in a pair for the summer...), so I will let you know how they are when they arrive!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    I am getting the shape up boots!!! I live in Boston, so at this time of year getting sneakers wasn't very practical (but if I love them, I may have to invest in a pair for the summer...), so I will let you know how they are when they arrive!!!

I live in NW Washington where it's muddy or snowy all winter. I wear mine indoors only except the one day I accidentally wore them to the dog park and had to wash them when I got home. :laugh:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Looks like lots of people have the Shape Ups. I was originally looking at them for my feet problem feet - I read they are great for people with foot issues.

SW - 190
    LW - 161
    CW - 160 (-1)
    VDGW - 155

So, down 1 lb. I swear, though, I don't trust that number. My trousers are SO much looser and even my husband commented that I seemed much smaller already. I expected to see at least a two pound drop, based on the way I feel. Oh well, it is a pound in the right direction.

Good luck to everyone else.
  • akgrant
    Options
    checking in:

SW: 168
    last week: 158
    CW : 156.4
    4 wk mini goal: 153
    VD Goal: 148
    Ultimate goal: 145

back to work today so pretty busy today! Hope everyone did well!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    :sad: Im gaining weight :sad: :blushing: and to top it off my finace has decided he wants to go to Tahoe on Valentines days and get married then so no more excuses for me i have to get this weight off asap...
  • barbiecat
    Options
    SW January 2009 183
    weight 12/10/09 117
    weight 12/17/09 116
    Weight January 1, 2010 115
    January 7 114
    CW 114
    Valentines GW 113 there's still time to reach my goal if I don't falter or do something stupid :laugh:

:flowerforyou: tammie, keep focused on your goal and don't let anything get in the way and you can be the skinny bride you hop to be.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: akgrant, congratulations on getting closer to your goal

:flowerforyou: jlbay, how cool that the scale went down and your pants fit better :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: sudzie, never, never, never give up:bigsmile:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    What does everyone do for exercise????
  • barbiecat
    Options

:flowerforyou: a lot of walking----outdoors in good weather or Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home" when the weather's not so good
    :flowerforyou: stationery bike while watching TV
    :flowerforyou: walking dogs or walking at the off-leash dog park while the dogs play
    :flowerforyou: line dance classes
    :flowerforyou: Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies"
    :flowerforyou: hand weights and crunches and squats
  • akgrant
    Options

-treadmill while watching TV
    -wii fit with the kids
    -we just bought a BioForce (like the Bowflex) so I'm excited about that.
    -and I love Taebo when the kids let me!
  • jlbay
    Options

Yoga class 2x per week for 90 minutes each.
    Gateway-to-8k running program (3x per week with gradual increase in duration ea week)
    The Firm circuit training DVDs - 2 or 3x's per week (with weights)
    Other exercise DVDs

Things I'm going to try this year:
    Joined a rambling group - 2-3 hour hikes 1x per week
    Mix up above schedule by replacing DVDs with some classes at the gym
    Need to get out and walk more
    I would like to learn tennis
  • akgrant
    Options
    I have to confess that I'm losing a little focus here. I thought coming back to work would help since it keeps me on a schedule but it's been more challenging! It's not helping that I'm losing nearly 4 hrs a week on physical therapy so working out has been hard. My calorie intake is fine until I leave work and even with healthy snacks, I'm going over my limit and since I'm not working out.....

This is the start of our busy season since I work for an accounting firm and always pretty hard to lose any weight around this time. There is always food around and a ton of stress so it's too easy to indulge. If I can maintain, I would be grateful! Thanks for letting me vent!

checking in:

SW: 168
    last week: 156.4
    CW : 157.6
    4 wk mini goal: 153
    VD Goal: 148
    Ultimate goal: 145

Not good!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been slacking but it's time to step it up. One of my bf's friends is getting married on Valentine's Day and I would like to do the best I can and drop as much as I can by then. I will set a goal of 8lbs, but I'll have to really kick me butt into gear over the next few weeks.

What are your goals for Vday?
  • jlbay
    Options
    SW 190
    LW 159.5
    CW 161.0 (+1.5)
    VD 155

Well, I'm up 1.5 lbs. I would be more upset, except it is my TOM and I feel so bloated, I can barely breathe. I exercised and put everything in my food diary, so I did the things I needed to do to lose. I'm hoping it is bloat.

I think one of my main problems in reaching goals (of any sort) is that I don't really BELIEVE I can do it. So, I'm working hard on BELIEVING it. Believing that I can reach this goal and others in my life. HOW do I make myself believe? I'm not entirely sure. I'm going to start by admitting the possibility.

So for all of us having a hard time staying focused - what can we do? This site definitely helps, but what else can we do? Anyone have some suggestions?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I have been sort of MIA for more than a week........our trip was fabulous but we were staying in a hotel that charged $14.95 a day to use the internet:sad: .....there was a public computer in the lobby but we were busy and I used it only to print boarding passes for our return trip and to check to make sure there were no urgent e mails......this was the first time since I started MFP in February that I didn't keep track of food and exercise.....of course, I was at an Isagenix event and ate mostly Isagenix shakes and bars with only a few restaurant meals to get me off track and the hotel had a great fitness center with bike, treadmill, and eliptical so I got a surprising amount of exercise. My weight the night I got home (Monday) was seven pounds higher than it was this morning so it's clear that the sodium I consumed at restaurant meals made a huge difference.

I am officially announcing that I reached my goal this morning:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I've lowered my goal twice since I started and this is the real one.......my plan for maintenance is to increase my calories by 100 this week and see what happens, then add 100 more next week and so on until I think it's right

So, how are the rest of you doing?
  • jlbay
    Options
    Wow barbiecat! That is so great - you've met your goal of 70 lbs. Incredible. What a great feeling. I'm so very happy for you. CONGRATS!

I'm sort of at a standstill. I injured my knee (in Yoga, of all things!) and it has been swollen up like a balloon since Wednesday (which was pretty much the day my quad strain finally felt better and I was supposed to be all mended), then I came down with the flu. So no exercise, haven't really logged food since the flu hit. I was doing so well the last months of last year and now I'm just struggling.

Still, I have a Greek Island vacation this summer - and I want to wear a bikini and I signed up for a half marathon at the end of September, so I have to keep training. I have to keep moving forward.
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    congrats barbiecat!! i am so inspired by your commitment and success!

jibay - i am going through a similar rough patch. i did great sept-nov last year and then when finals hit in mid december (i am a college student), i had a hard time logging food. i still have been working out pretty much every day (some combo of cardio, strength, and circuit training), but my food intake has been high due to the holidays and then coming back to school and going out to eat a lot.

my question is - does anyone have any suggestions to get through the first big slump? i have been really trying to re-motivate myself but it is difficult especially since it is so cold her (boston) and i just want to eat comfort foods. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • jlbay
    Options
    I'm finally getting better from the flu, blech, and the knee is better - not 100%, but better. Going to physio to get it taped up again in a minute.

sudzie88 - I'm right there with you. I'm a student, too, and I find it brings its own challenges. I'm trying to keep going. I think once you form the (exercise and diet) habit again, it gets much easier. The problem is, you work so hard, then something trips you up and getting back into the program seems MUCH bigger than when you started in the first place. Still, it is just doing "it" when you really don't want to because you DO want the results (at least this is my inner dialogue, trying to keep positive).

For me, since I still can't run or do anything with my lower body - I think I'm going to concentrate on core strengthening and upper body (lift weights) until my knee is better. At least it is SOMETHING and my upper body is always the weakest, anyway. I guess if I had to have the flu and a knee injury, then better at the same time - I definitely have rested my knee this week!

Where is everyone else? Are we all having mishaps? Stupid January. Maybe Feb will be better!
  • akgrant
    Options
    I've lost my motivation since I can't work out much either. My shoulder is coming along after surgery but it's incredible how limited I am! I've been working on my abs but that's really about it. Even walking on the treadmill is hard, since the swinging of the arm motion hurts my shoulder! Not to mention the amount of time I lose by having physical therapy 3 days a week. I've been yo-yoing the same 3 lbs for weeks. I think I'm going to just get it a break until I get some more mobility in my shoulder. I feel so guilty for not posting or making any progress. Maybe I should start a new thread for people who can't work out but trying to eat within their calories!

Hopefully you guys will still be around when I get back into the swing of things. Thanks for the memories!