Starting before picture. Trying not to cry.

Options

Replies

• shyrina25
    shyrina25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    this was my starting weight in January. good luck! add me if u like:)
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It's ok to be upset now- sometimes we all need that big shock to get us motivated.

Now you've come to terms with it, it's time to work on it! We're all here to support you!

Soon we'll have a half way picture of you up on this forum to you feel proud of- and after that we'll be seeing you at your finishing point, too!
  • lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first (and the hardest) step!! You are a lovely lady and sounds like you have a great hubby. With the support you will find here and the tools here, you can achieve whatever you want!

Feel free to add me to your friend list!!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    your measurements are nearly exact to mine.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Don't look at this as something to be embarrassed about!! You are taking your first steps to becoming a better you!! Everyone starts their weight loss at different levels! I was 220 when I started! I would have loved to start out where you are now :) So chin up and stay strong!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I started with almost the same sort of measurements you have. That was in April, I believe. I lost 15 pounds total since then. I lost about 5 inches in my waist and comparative inches elsewhere. What it takes is determination and motivation. If you can put that pic on your fridge or somewhere you will see it all the time. It helps to just do what you can to move everyday possible. Don't beat yourself up for goofing up, and learn from your mistakes and your past. It will happen if you think it will. Keep it in your head and in your heart. Walk or ride a bike or even just do jumping jacks every day. Whatever you can, and be sure to track your movement and your eating/drinking. It is amazing how things will eventually work out.

Good luck and great courage go hand in hand.
    You can do it!!!

(Edit because of a typo)
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    No need to cry :) Kick *kitten* and take names! Its fitness time ;-)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    When i took my before picture - i was nothing short of mortified. I always thought of myself as skinnier when I look in the mirror. The mind is a powerful thing though, and perhaps i would look at myself with denial. I took my picture and I cried -- it was horrific, and i couldn't take my eyes off of my gut.

Just know that every single day you will look less and less like that photo as long as if you keep at it!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't cry! You should be really proud of yourself for deciding you want to be healthier. I'm sure everyone on here had that moment when they really looked at themselves and wondered how they became "that" person. But what is really great about this site is everyone has another one of those moments later on and wonder WOW I am now "that" person. The healthier, happier me. Just take it one day at a time and don't stop. I know you can reach all your goals.
  • J3timez
    J3timez Posts: 35
    Options
    take it one day at a time, nothing worth attaining is easy. stay around positive influences and people that motivate you. And most importantly, realize that we are all human and we ask slip up from time to time, so never give up, and you will be where your want to before you know it. :-)
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It's ok to be upset now- sometimes we all need that big shock to get us motivated.

Now you've come to terms with it, it's time to work on it! We're all here to support you!

Soon we'll have a half way picture of you up on this forum to you feel proud of- and after that we'll be seeing you at your finishing point, too!
    This is SO right.
    I had to feel like I was in danger of dying young through health related problems before I hit my rock bottom.
    Everyone has different rock bottoms (not their bottoms being rock like of course :laugh: ), I do believe that in a lot of cases it is like alcoholism or drug addiction. I was in denial - and all things stretchy - and didn't realise I was so fat. I needed that hitting of rock bottom to make me realise that I HAD to change. I wanted to and it finally sunk in. There were tears and a feeling of grief almost. I know its OTT to some but i was grieving for the food I could no longer stuff down my face.
    I don't really miss those foods any more. I don't miss Macdonalds or KFC or Burger King. I do miss Domino's sometimes though lol. If I really want a bit of chocolate now I can actually have a small piece without stuffing my face with a massive bar.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Don't cry...use it to motivate you and you'll be happy you took that before pic when you start getting results! :)
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Very brave, you can do this!
  • KalikaRae
    KalikaRae Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! So much support here!! This is frickin awesome!! I think I'll put my son down for a nap and go outside to help with the yardwork. Its august in phx, so that should be a good sweat!
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I started at your starting weight when my daughter was 1month old. I've lost 15lbs since that time, and your belly now looks WAY better than mine does! I wish you the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!! You can do this.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My momma never let me cry she said it'll make me sick so thus I do not cry. Don't cry. Everyone starts somewhere and better now than tomorrow or a year from now. You will find tons of great things on here and plenty of support. Use your resources and don't be afraid to ask for help.

I'm not brave enough to post a before picture, I, like most, will wait until there's an after picture so I give you props on your courage!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You are going to love all the changes your body makes along the way to your goal!
    I am amazed at how much better I look and feel with only 8lbs down!
    You will love your results. You already look good and healthy, just too heavy.
    But of course that will change each week!
    Congratulations, you are on your way!
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for being so courageous. That's awesome!! You have the strength to do this. Do it for you and your husband and your children will reap in the benefits of your good health. You've come to the right place. :smile:
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING FOR MAKING THIS FOR MAKING THIS FIRST STEP!
  • drwgal
    drwgal Posts: 66
    Options
    First off, You are a very beautiful person! And brave for posting your before picture, something I have not even done. I applaud you! I would like to wish you the best of luck reaching your goals, and even if you slip up, there is always a chance to start all over again.