HUGE 90 calorie cookies

Options
6oo6qv.jpg

Chocolate chip cookies will never be declared a health food, but you can make them less unhealthy by tweaking the ingredients a little. Here's a recipe for a lighter chocolate chip cookie that still manages to satisfy a sweet tooth!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 22 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter, melted
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookies sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, butter, and vanilla; stir in the brown sugar until smooth. Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by the tablespoon onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes.

Yields 24 cookies.

Per Cookie : Calories 92, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.4g, (sat 2.6g), Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 45mg, Carbohydrate 14.5g, Fiber 0.7g, Protein 1.2g
( really the cookie nutrition is going to different due to different flours, chocolate etc. )
( You could use applesauce of course instead of butter but.. the cookies are going to be more " chewy " and gummy like, they also won't rise very much. a small amount of butter WON'T hurt you. which is why I would just use real butter or coconut oil :happy: )

Replies

• Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    OMG they look so good, i am going to try these.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    A big smile for this:happy: However it still leaves me with 24 cookies LOOKING at me! Now What? :smile:
  • Aequitas503
    Options
    bump
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sounds simple enough and they look pretty good. I would probably freeze the majority of them, but I'm not sure if I could stop at 1, 2, 3, etc. . . I'm still early in this journey so I may need to save for a later date, but thanks for sharing.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    Not sure about the whole wheat flour - but overall sounds good! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    A big smile for this:happy: However it still leaves me with 24 cookies LOOKING at me! Now What? :smile:

Give them away to neighbors/friends/etc, of course! :wink: Temptation is a horrible suffering, so might as well remove it :) Oh, okay...keep a *couple* for yourself...heh.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Those look good!! I think I may try to use the applesauce, because I do like my cookie more chewy. I may even try them with the white chips instead, since my son dislikes chocolate, for the most part and I wouldn't have him eating them otherwise. Thanks!!
  • celmes11
    celmes11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gigglebunny1
    Options
    Worth a try. Thanks for posting this recipe.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious! but i dont have whole wheat flour, can i sub that with more regular flour? and if so, does the calories go higher? thanks!!!!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump:love:
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    sounds delicious! but i dont have whole wheat flour, can i sub that with more regular flour? and if so, does the calories go higher? thanks!!!!

Yes the calories will change depending on what kind of flour you use, I can't tell you the results for different flours but I'm sure regular flour would come out just fine.
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    Sounds simple enough and they look pretty good. I would probably freeze the majority of them, but I'm not sure if I could stop at 1, 2, 3, etc. . . I'm still early in this journey so I may need to save for a later date, but thanks for sharing.

You could always make a single serving cookie recipe (:
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yeah a cookie recipe that looks good !
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • singthepoems
    singthepoems Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just tried your recipe tonight and WOW these are good cookies! They don't taste "light" at all. They're not as gooey as the cookies I usually make, but for less than half the calories they are awesome. Thanks so much for sharing :).
  • singthepoems
    singthepoems Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    P.S. I used all AP flour; I didn't have any whole wheat. Calorie count is 89 per cookie.
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump