Nutella

Options
2»

Replies

• Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    OMG... its the best thing ever made... And once you start its hard to stop.. My husband would find me in the kitchen in the middle of the night with my finger in the jar... Its just soooo creamy and chocolately...
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    As long as you treat it like a TREAT. . . it's not a health food. But boy is it YUMMY!!!!!!!!
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Nutella; but as I cannot restrain myself from eating the whole damn jar in one sitting, I simply don't allow it in the house! I don't know what but it is the one item, more than chocolate or ice cream or any other confection, that I find I cannot control myself around!
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Love nutella, but like everyone else said it's candy in a jar. I guess smearing a tbsp on some nutritious bread is still better than eating twice as much bare chocolate which usually has more sat. fat than nutella, but that doesn't make it healthy.

Since I sometimes still want something chocolate-y and smooth I went on a search and discovered a dark chocolate/cacao spread which does not contain a lot of net carbs/is reduced in sugar and only holds 1gr of fat vs. the 4-something nutella holds, and about half the calories. And I like the taste of dark chocolate better anyway, so it's a win/win situation! :)
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I think it is a "fake" health food that they are trying to convince us to buy by saying peanut butter isn't healthy and this tastes better anyways.

The fat from peanut butter is healthy. I buy a type with flax seed in it and is pure peanuts otherwise so it seperates.

No way will I introduce my kids to a product that they would pile on thinking it was healthy. Like their serving size is what most people eat, not likely.
    I can say no one in my family has tasted it because I don't think I would be able to keep it away once they taste it.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love it, but I haven't eaten it awhile due to it not really being all that good for you.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Nutella.gif

this.

fixed it for ya -
  • H8T3D
    H8T3D Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It taste good, but is no different than spreading a melted candy bar on bread.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hate it :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • Capekj51
    Capekj51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's delicious and for the same calories as I get from peanut butter, I love to start the day with a toasted piece of wheat bread (or two!) and a thin but tasty layer of Nutella on it--accompanied by some coffee or tea with a splash of light soy milk. YUM!
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Fort Bragg, with a bunch of American military brats who had parents stationed in Germany - they grew up overseas for their early years and always had Nutella stashed away in their lunchboxes. I just have never cared for chocolate spread on toast - it just doesn't quite work for me. Nutella mixed in brownies and things isn't bad, but I personally just don't go crazy for it.

Speculoos Cookie Butter is another story. Trader Joe's sells it, and it is certainly an addiction - I love ginger and gingerbread.
  • bsuid72
    bsuid72 Posts: 33
    Options
    PB2!!! Powdered Peanut Butter. 85% less fat calories!

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I like to dip ferrero rochet into nutella and then eat it. Or just dig spoonfuls into the jar!

I like Nutella...
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I eat it occasionally as a treat on waffles for breakfast. As a snack, I spread it on shortbread cookies or use it as a dip for apple slices. Sometimes I sprinkle homemade chocolate granola over the top -- yum!

Big Lots stores have their own brand of chocolate hazelnut spread call Fresh Finds International. I think it tastes as good as Nutella, although it has a very slightly different texture, and is a lot cheaper.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Personal thoughts?

It's good on almost everything. Eating nutella is like riding a magical unicorn over a fantastical chocolate rainbow.
  • dirtycaviar
    Options
    Nutella is delicious but not healthy at all. I eat it as a treat from time to time and only in moderation. 1/2 tbsp nutella & 1/2 tbsp peanut butter on a piece of ezekiel toast makes a delicious yet semi healthy snack/breakfast. The key is moderation!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I love Nutella. I use it as a treat when I do buy it. I could consume an entire jar like many others in one sitting. If I do eat it I stay within my calories and try to not eat too much which is hard. Probably better not to even buy it in the first place but I sometimes need that chocolate fix.:tongue:
  • sumiko1978
    sumiko1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ADDICTIVE!!!!!
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    It's good, but then I tried Caffarel gianduia (chocolate/hazelnut) and it was paradise in a foil wrapper. Happily for my waistline it's hard to find Caffarel in the States.