What food have you discovered on the road to health?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Grapes...I didn't know grapes were so good. I almost feel like a crack addict with them.
  • grandmanok
    Options
    balsamic vinaigrette dressing

27648632.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cvealb
    cvealb Posts: 8
    Options
    Quinoa is great! You can do so many things with it. Add a little olive oil, spices, small amount of diced avocado, black beans. So many things to make it different.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower, courgette (aka zuchinni), steamed veg, cottage cheese, oat pancakes, natural yoghurt and berries, apples with peanut butter, loads of fish including sushi and seafood. Nom :smile:
  • cvealb
    cvealb Posts: 8
    Options
    Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt
    Yes, I love Fage. It has been tested and rated the best greek yogurt
  • ljc73
    ljc73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% with chia seeds. Yummy!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Greek yogurt, chia seeds and hemp seeds top my list.
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    Cottage Cheese and low fat curd cheese! :) Also a lot of veggies.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Quite a few! Kale, collard greens, tempeh, seitan, almond butter, chia seeds, flaxseed, edamame, almond milk, Luna bars, Larabars, green tea, Ezekial bread, dates, prunes, coconut milk yogurt.
  • jwhite03
    jwhite03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    kabocha squash, tastes much like a yam or sweet potato and has 44 calories and 10 carbs with 1.2g fiber per 125g.
    A reg baking potato has 116 calories and 26 carbs with 3.3g fiber per 125g.
    A sweet potato has a wopping 180 calories and 41 carbs with 6.6g fiber per 125g.
    The carb to fiber ratio is close to the same across the board but the reduction in calories helped me to lose over 70 lbs a couple of years ago and I am now in the process of putting about 6 lbs back on.

I still use Kabocha regularly. It can be eaten like a baked potato with sour cream, chopped onion, and imitation bacon bits, or like a candied sweet potato with sugar free sweetener, cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg. I chop it and mix it in with sauted vegies also. The poslibilities are far ranging by using many ethnic spices.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    Kale and chickpeas (garbanzos). Saute a bit of onion and garlic over low heat in 1 tsp of olive oil, add 1-2 tbsp curry powder and 1 tsp of red chili flake to bloom them. After a couple of minutes, add chopped kale that you stripped from the stems. Toss over the heat until it turns bright green. Add 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 drained & rinsed can of chick peas, stir, and cover for 20 or so minutes. Delicious, full of protein, vitamins, and fiber so it's super filling!
  • mandersatx
    Options
    Forgot about jicama - slightly sweet, super crunchy. Peel & eat it raw, or add to chicken/tuna salad.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    @mandersatx , I JUST tried jicama last night and loved it. I'm thinking it might be a pretty good potatoe substitute. ( Not that I don't eat them ).

As for the post, I have fallen in love with berries and milk. Or banana and milk. Preferrably frozen fruit but I eat it like cereal. Kinda mush fruit a bit so it flavors the milk. It takes care of my sweet cravings. Love it!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Oh goodness, even more to add to my ever increasing list!!!
    wasabi paste I forgot to say too. Love adding it into scrambled tofu to add a bit of heat!
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Almond butter
    Cashew butter
    raw spinach in a salad
    Greek yogurt