Options

Replies

• GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    3 more pounds lost this week!
    Starting weight: 12-31-09: 343
    Today's weight: 1-14-10: 335
    Total: 8 pounds!

I did lose this week, but I did have a few days where I overate and then sat on my tush :smile: So, gotta work on that this week. This weeks challenge will be hard for me - I love pasta and bread, but not so much the veggies. It's a great challenge though, and I am going to work really hard to meet it! :happy:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    starting: 144
    1/7: 144
    1/14: 143

1 lb lost. Not a lot but for me I know it is going to be slow since I am already in the top of the healthy range so I am happy with it.

Good Job to everyone else!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Start weight - 155
    1/7/10 - 154.4
    1/14/10 - 154.4 :angry:
    Goal weight - 120

The headcold is gone... so back to working out on Monday :embarassed:
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The water challenge was soooo hard for me but I'm going to keep at it! Doing a little better each day. Love the fruit/veggie challenge...very easy for me as I'm a fruit/veggie junkie!! Great job on another week everyone!

SW: 158
    CW: 157
    GW 125

Lost only 1 lb this week but I'll take it (or leave it I should say :)
    Have a great week all
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

Here is my weigh in info:

Start weight 1/4/10- 255
    1/14/10 - 246.8

Goal weight (short term) - 200
    Goal weight (long term) - 160

Lost- 8.2 lbs (but keep in mind this is from Jan 4th til now cause I missed the first weigh in!)

I have a short and long term goal because thinking about losing 100lbs is too overwhelming for me. So for right now my goal is to be 200lbs by end of June..approx a loss of 2.5lbs a week. After that I will set a goal for my long term goal of 160lbs!!

I did fine with the water challenge. I try to drink 1/2 of my weight in water so that would be 123oz of water a day for me. I dont think I will do too well with the fruit and veggie challenge, I dont mind fruit but I never eat it, and I cant stand most veggies so...yea!

Well good luck everyone!

Cris
  • Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the sucessess!!!!

SW: 12/31/09: 152 lbs.
    1/7/2010: 149 lbs
    1/14/2010: 147 lbs
    Goal: 140 lbs by 3/1/09

The dietary part is going well. I'm struggling with getting my workouts done. I need to get going!!! Snowboarding vacation quickly approaching and I'm not nearly ready to shred the hill in my yard let along a mountain in Colorado!!!!! :frown: The veggie/fruit challenge is awesome!!! Looking forward to the next week and pushing my fitness!!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 157
    current weight 156
    Goal Weight 135
  • christykowen
    Options
    Jan 1st 168
    Jan 7th 166
    Jan 14th 165
    Phew going in the right direction!!! Marjot totally cool with the challenge I will make sure I get those in before I make other poorer choices. I am currently reading one of the Hungry Girl Cook Books. She is full of tips for making really good stuff that of course are 200 calories or less! Along with my other goal I am going to buy a few of the staples she uses in her recipes every week. I find I cant get too creative with the low cal options I always have around. One thing I have enjoyed this winter is Swiss Miss "DIET" Hot Chocolate, {not the Sugar freee, 60 calories per cup}. Diet is 25 calories per cup. I like variety so I bought some of those sugar free syrups {)0 Calories) they add to coffee and make me a hazel nut, almodine, coconut, or rasberry Hot Coco. Heck you can get crazy and put a Puff of free Cool whip on top {15 calories}. It is delicious and so low in calories I can drink pretty much as much as I want . Good luck and to the one who gained a pound or so... just start again now, you are still in the right mind set I know you are ready to put your mind to it! I want to tell you guys I am glad I found this group I so need to watch , cheer and pout with all of you. See YA next week but feel free to visit with me in the week if you need a cheer leader! Christy
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!

I lost 1.2 lbs this week. I wish it would have been more, but I'm happy to see some progress.

Start Weight: 210 (12/31/09)
    Current Weight: 205.8
    Goal weight: 145
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    12/31- 190 lbs
    1/7- 187 lbs
    1/14- 184 lbs

3 more pounds lost. Total of 6b lbs this year!
    Marjot- love the challenge for the week! Totally doable, and such a good idea! I've been trying to do 5 servings/day for weeks now and can't ever quite get it right. This will force me to do it!
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to this thread, but I worked with oEmmao last year and really made progress, and hope I can join you and do it again. I love checking in on Thursdays, and can't wait to get to know you all.

Start Weight 3/1/09 183
    Start Weight 1/11/10 174
    1/14/10 173 - mostly dehydration, but I'll take it!

Now I've got to figure out how to include 5 fruits and veggies in tomorrow's menu.

Kathryn
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    31/12 - 163.8
    07/01 - 162.2
    14/01 - 161.8 slowly getting there! :heart:
    21/01 -
    28/01 -

GOAL FOR 4TH FEB = 159 :flowerforyou:
  • fitforme
    Options
    down two pounds today so i'll take it! Been working out 6 days a week and sticking to the MFP calorie allotment so was hoping for more but will keep at it! next week goal another two pounds so 203.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Okay this sucks I'm up half a pound.
    Start weight: 158.5
    Jan 14: 159
    GW Feb 14: 154

This week I haven't been eating the best because we had some unfortunate cars repairs that took everything we had in the account and couldn't afford the good healthy food. Hopefully I will be creative in my food choices tomorow.

I recently became a SAHM and now I have to keep myself from going into the fridge at night. Hopefully I do better results next week because valentine's day is coming and I'm getting a little nervous.

Good job everyone!
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Back on track today. I need to remember to read this blog each day. It is SOOO inspiring reading everyone's entries. And I forget that it doesn't have to be all or nothing. That is one of my downfalls EVERY SINGLE TIME. I make a poor food choice, or skip an activity and just let it all slide. I have to remember that one poor decision does not need to lead to more.
    Anyhow, thanks to everyone. I am so proud of all the progress you've made so far! Keep it goin'!:happy:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Back on track today. I need to remember to read this blog each day. It is SOOO inspiring reading everyone's entries. And I forget that it doesn't have to be all or nothing. That is one of my downfalls EVERY SINGLE TIME. I make a poor food choice, or skip an activity and just let it all slide. I have to remember that one poor decision does not need to lead to more.
    Anyhow, thanks to everyone. I am so proud of all the progress you've made so far! Keep it goin'!:happy:

I am right there with you - I really struggle with the all or nothing issue. I can make one poor food choice Saturday morning, and then eat like crazy all weekend. I'm really working on it though - I put a sign on my fridge and on my cupboards that says "Note to self: If hunger is not the problem, eating is not the solution" and I found it very helpful!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    perktm- I am with you! My goal is 2.5lbs per week, which is doable, but this week looks like Im going to fall 1lb short. I am trying to convince myself that 1lb loss is better than a lb gained or maintained, its a LOSS! But I am having a hard time not throwing all this out the window because I didnt meet my goal. I get on here and read everyones posts and it helps me refocus a bit, so thanks to you all!

Have a great fat free weekend all

Cris
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    sorry i didn't get in on Thursday.:embarassed: i did better on water last week (not great, it is a challenge for me) but fruits and veg will be easier this week. we try to get plenty in daily.

start weight 12/31: 240.2
    1/7: 238.6
    1/14: 235.4
    total -4.8 lbs

However in the interest of adding vegies:happy: ... on the today show this week joy bauer mentioned roasting kale as a substitute for potato chips. i looked it up and it was in good housekeeping 2 years ago, so i tried it. and as joy said -- :huh: i am not delusional, i do not think it tastes like potato chips; however after eating a couple cups (which i splurged and had a diet coke with too) i felt like i had indulged in salty crispy chips for a snack :bigsmile: (and isn't that the point? my husband liked it too and wants to try it with chipolte seasoning next time) Any way i put it in mfp as homemade- roasted kale chips= 43 calories/cup and loads of vitamins.

chop kale into 2 inch pieces (cut out stem) place on baking sheet, spray generously with olive oil (like Pam olive oil), sprinkle with kosher salt. bake 400 degrees for 10 min. ( some pieces will have browned, that's ok)

seriously, you should give it a try. :drinker: -katie
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you - I really struggle with the all or nothing issue. I can make one poor food choice Saturday morning, and then eat like crazy all weekend. I'm really working on it though - I put a sign on my fridge and on my cupboards that says "Note to self: If hunger is not the problem, eating is not the solution" and I found it very helpful!

Thanks for the idea! I've been thinking of painting a square on my kitchen wall with chalkboard paint so I can leave myself messages. Great quote, and soooo true!
  • Majot
    Majot Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing eating your fruits and veggies this week?

I didn't do well yesterday, but every other day was great.