I need a low calorie answer for peanut butter

Options
Does anyone know how to make peanut butter less fattening? It is my challenge. I wish I could eat it without using up all my calorites :brokenheart:

Replies

• SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    Does anyone know how to make peanut butter less fattening? It is my challenge. I wish I could eat it without using up all my calorites :brokenheart:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Don't eat it as often :laugh: Sorry, couldn't resist. Eat it, just count it. Save it for a snack.
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    go to betternpeanutbutter.com
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    I just found a tip online that said to add defatted peanut flour to your peanut butter.. This flour has 196 calories per cup.

Has anyone tried this?
  • Mairacrg
    Mairacrg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lobe the mini delight by quaker oats. They have peanut butter drizzeld . I eat a bag and it only has 90 cal.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    EAT YOUR PB!!!

I do 1 tablespoon PB on a brown rice cake - 150 calories - what a treat! Try it with coffee or tea, and it is like have a pastry and coffee (well, not quite, but you get the idea!).

I also go for the crunchy, as I find it more satisfying!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I just found a tip online that said to add defatted peanut flour to your peanut butter.. This flour has 196 calories per cup.

Has anyone tried this?

Why mess with perfection? To be honest, that sounds gross. Just have a tablespoon for 120 calories and enjoy! It is not that bad, is it? You could have that for a snack 2x a day. On the Abs Diet, you HAVE to eat PB daily.
    :smile:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Has anyone tried this?
    I found a peanut butter that is mostly made of this peanut flour. It has 100 cal in 2 tablespoons. It does not taste as good as the real thing, but when I'm craving a thick pb and j, it's good enough for me.:smile:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    Trader Joe's sells Bettern' Butter. It has 100 cals in 2 tbsp. It tastes very similar to peanut butter.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Peanut Butter is a healthy food. I buy the natural pb, the one tha has only 2 ingredients-peanuts and salt. The regular kind has hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oilsSee post below on hydrogenated oils:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/11933-i-didn-t-know

For pb and j's(I usually eat one everyday on 45 calorie a slice bread) I use only 1 tbsp instead of 2 and find it is plenty for my sandwich.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is a healthy food. I buy the natural pb, the one tha has only 2 ingredients-peanuts and salt. The regular kind has hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oilsSee post below on hydrogenated oils:

For pb and j's(I usually eat one everyday on 45 calorie a slice bread) I use only 1 tbsp instead of 2 and find it is plenty for my sandwich.

Don't just limit yourself to peanut butter, try the other butters too; almond butter, cashew butter, YUMMM.
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    I like the pb you get at winco that you basically grind it yourself. The low fat, or even regular pb has too many other things in it (should pb just be nuts and salt?!) Also BEWARE of partially hydrogenated oils....the label can still say 0 Trans fat, but ANYTHING that has partially hydrogenated oil is still a trans fat!
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options

Don't just limit yourself to peanut butter, try the other butters too; almond butter, cashew butter, YUMMM.
    Oh yes!!! There is a hippie commune near where I live, they make all sorts of organic natural butters and they are SOOOOO delicious!!! They sell it at the Akin's Health Food store in my area.
    BTW- To those of you who have never had natural butters before, don't be alarmed by the fact that you need to sir it before you use it and store it in the fridge. The first time I took the whole jar to work a guy I work with said"What the hell is that? It looks like fish bait"
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    PB is very good for you ... are you making sure you eat the natural PB?
    Just eat it in limitations if you're worried about it.
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    I am so excited about all the help from you all :blushing:

I have been dying to get to my computer to see if there were any ideas.

My plan
    1. Eat Rice cakes with peanut butter
    2. Look for betternpeanut butter and the flour peanut butter for "high need days" :laugh: and thick sandwiches.
    3. Look for naturals

I also found whipped peanut butter online...that sounds pretty good too
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    I just found this

http://www.nationalpeanutboard.org/

The National Peanut Board
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    http://www.bellplantation.com/

This stuff rocks. :wink:
  • honeybee71
    honeybee71 Posts: 47
    Options
    [/quote]
    Oh yes!!! There is a hippie commune near where I live, they make all sorts of organic natural butters and they are SOOOOO delicious!!! They sell it at the Akin's Health Food store in my area.
    BTW- To those of you who have never had natural butters before, don't be alarmed by the fact that you need to sir it before you use it and store it in the fridge. The first time I took the whole jar to work a guy I work with said"What the hell is that? It looks like fish bait"
    [/quote]

I make my own cashew butter, 1 can of cheapo cashew bits & pieces. I get them for $2 at the Dollar Store near my home. I then put them in a blender with 2T of canola oil. Yummy!!!! I can't eat peanuts, so this is my consolation prize. (I like it 20 times better than peanut butter anyway!)
  • AJCM
    Options

My plan
    2. Look for betternpeanut butter and the flour peanut butter for "high need days" :laugh: and thick sandwiches.
    3. Look for naturals

You are the cutest... you are REALLY into peanut butter! Enjoy!
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options

My plan
    3. Look for naturals

You are the cutest... you are REALLY into peanut butter! Enjoy!