quick protein snack that isn't a shake or bar???

Options

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Definitely peanut butter or nuts. :)

^THIS :-D
  • DL717
    DL717 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hard-boiled egg whites. Quick and easy if you make them ahead of time and stock them in your fridge.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    turkey jerky!
  • Bittersweet82
    Options
    quick and instant craving taken care of: 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter (not as much sugar) I normally do that after a workout
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    wrcj5x.jpg

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/04/25/low-carb-snacks-homemade-baked-cheese-crisps-recipe/

These from Joyful Abode -- 100 calories and 9g of protein. I made some this morning -- a 1/4 cup of shaved Parmesan and a little bit of garlic and onion powder and 6 minutes in the oven -- delicious. Quick and easy to make but you can store them for later too if you need an even quicker snack.

ETA:
    I completely missed your low fat requirement. These have 7g of fat so I don't think they qualify? Sorry!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    nuts, greek yogurt, hard boiled egg, tuna fish...
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

nuts are a good source of fat, protein...not so much.,

Yea, I use PB when my fat percentages are on the low side.
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Low fat string cheese and greek yogurt come to my mind. Also sliced ham or turkey if you don't mind the sodium.

Dee - you read my mind!!! :D
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    You could try making a protein brownie with your protein powder.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/669753-protein-brownie-single-serving

I've been eating them over this last week and they're pretty damn good.

*drools* I like where you're going with that! browniesssssss!

Personally I add a teaspoon of sugar and microwave it for 25 seconds. Then I just eat it with a spoon out of the bowl. It's a little more moist that way, and I prefer moist ;).
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Chicken boobs! Or tenders. I like cold chicken, so if you marinate, bake, then chill, you can get quick protein from the fridge!
    yep^^^
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    And edamame beans, either in the shell or out. These are soy beans, after all.

Lentils: The french puy lentils boiled for 20-35 minutes (until al dente) with garlic and thyne. Dress with lemon joice. Drizzle with some olive oil if you can afford the calories.

Lentil soup: A low fat lentil soup consisting of a handful of split orange lentils with a chopped onion and a chopped tomato in a pint of water. Again, if you can afford the calories, fry the onion with a clove of garlic in olive oil before adding water and the other ingredients.
  • caramellips06
    caramellips06 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Brownies sounds yummy
  • dbray123
    Options
    White albacore tuna in a pouch, add sprinkle lemon pepper,,Great
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    string cheese are great. really fill a gap more than you would think. also I like a few almonds! x
  • Bittersweet82
    Options
    You could try making a protein brownie with your protein powder.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/669753-protein-brownie-single-serving

I've been eating them over this last week and they're pretty damn good.

*drools* I like where you're going with that! browniesssssss!

Personally I add a teaspoon of sugar and microwave it for 25 seconds. Then I just eat it with a spoon out of the bowl. It's a little more moist that way, and I prefer moist ;).

yea, I'm so making those!!!!! And in the microwave? even faster! and yes, moist is always the more preferred way to go *giggles*
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    wrcj5x.jpg

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/04/25/low-carb-snacks-homemade-baked-cheese-crisps-recipe/

These from Joyful Abode -- 100 calories and 9g of protein. I made some this morning -- a 1/4 cup of shaved Parmesan and a little bit of garlic and onion powder and 6 minutes in the oven -- delicious. Quick and easy to make but you can store them for later too if you need an even quicker snack.

ETA:
    I completely missed your low fat requirement. These have 7g of fat so I don't think they qualify? Sorry!

Well, they look good. I'll def try it on a day where I allow for the 7g. :)
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options

I eat both of these on a daily basis, and they do the job.
  • rileydog14
    Options
    thank you for asking, and to those who answered. I was just looking over the past couple of weeks, and noticed my protein isn't high enough.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    White albacore tuna in a pouch, add sprinkle lemon pepper,,Great

I grab those tuna sensation things as a standard- I like the garlic and herb one best, but just a lot of sodium in one pouch. The lemon pepper is better though! I didn't think of putting the two together on my own. :laugh:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and cottage cheese. Also regular cheese. Any dairy product pretty much. Sometimes I just have some milk. and Beef Jerky.