Ladies: PMS weight gain

Options
124»

Replies

• amarshall525
    amarshall525 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It feels so great to be able to relate!!! I've been trying so hard in the gym for about the past month to see almost zero numbers go down. Only up ????. But now that I know it's because of TOM it's a relief! I see me sliming in areas & muscles developing, but no numbers are changing. ???? thanks for the mood booster ladies! ☺????☺
  • paperducks
    Options
    Like most have already said, it's just water retention, no big :) Try to stay away from foods high in sodium so your body won't hold onto every drop of water you put into it. Sometimes exercise helps me.
  • boreshagal
    Options
    I gain 6 lbs during ovulation and gain 3-4 during period. I am 46 years old and for the longest time I would let it get me down. I have found that weighing in 5 days before my period works best for me and keeps me motivated.:smile:
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Yep me too. Happens every month. But it goes away and usually some more. Drives me crazy but it's part of being a woman. Just keep exercising and eating right within your calories.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Just don't weigh yourself the week before. You won't be frustrated then
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You are lucky that it is only that much! I can gain between 5-10 lbs the week before my period, and then during that week of I end up losing it.
  • MrsJones112604
    Options
    Yep, this is exactly what's happening to me right now... just avoiding the scale, and trying to fight my cravings - which are a big part of "the time" for me. ughh, hits me like a ton of bricks, 2-4lb fluctuations, ick!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. But it happens every month and I drop precipitously after.