Bestest things your S/O has ever done for you

Options

Replies

• MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    SO many things... I have the sweetest, most thoughtful, affectionate, and patient boyfriend. Like some have said before.. it's really all the little things! When he remembers stuff that I don't even remember saying, listens to me complain about work constantly and never gets fed up, reminds me constantly about how he feels about me and that he thinks I'm beautiful and talented :blushing:

Oh, and lots of massages/foot rubs... he's a massage therapist. WINNING.

Really though... he's a keeper :love:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    so is it a good thing or a bad thing that the only reason I opened this thread is to find some more ideas on things to do for/with my girlfriend? lol
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    these are all too cute! i need to find a guy to do these things for me
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
  • akw1989
    akw1989 Posts: 9
    Options
    bump!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    He actually goes to the store to buy me my feminine products when I run out and I'm not feeling well. If that's not sweet, I don't know what is. LOL.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it's the bestest thing he ever did, but it ranks way way way way up there. My DH, back before we were married, was helping me try and get through an extremely difficult and frustrating time at work. One day, coming home thoroughly disgusted with the whole place, I found him in the garage with a great bottle of wine, two glasses, a sharpie and a giant stack of old dishes. We spent the evening drinking the wine while I systematically wrote down one disappointing/frustrating/unnerving/horrendous work issue after another on the dishes, promptly smashing each one all to hell against the garage wall.

It was an epic night, and I felt all sorts of awesome by the end of it!
  • TXStephSki
    TXStephSki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Our 11 year old is at sleep-away camp this week. My husband took the week off so he could help me hang wallpaper, that is love!!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My guy has done so many awesome things for me over the years, I don't know what has been the best. The sweetest might be when I was having ex drama. This was before we started dating. A guy I had broken up with (he didn't want to break up) would keep calling and getting me all upset. One night the ex showed up at my house and got me realllly upset. By the time I got him out of there (had to threaten with the cops) I had been crying and was all stuffed up. My guy called shortly after and figured out that I had been crying and stuff. He asked if I wanted company and I declined. Told him I wasn't in any fit condition for visitors, but thanked him anyway. About an hour later (midnight or so) the door bell rang...on the steps was a note on top of a chocolate cake and a quart of milk. "Thought these might make you feel better". I called him and said thank you and offered to share. He turned around and came back and shared the cake and milk.
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Even with my bed head and morning breath, he kisses me EVERY morning before he leaves for work and tells me that I'm beautiful :heart:
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Aaa this thread makes me so happy! It's refreshing to see positive posts about s/o's :D

I'm going to have to go with just the way my guys looks at me and talks to me. Always such a sweetheart!
    Randomly bringing me flowers, always making sure I have enough bullets in our nerf fights (lol) & exercising with me- all some of my absolute faves!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Giving me two beautiful children.....
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Well, the best, of course, would be that he gave me 3 amazing little boys. :heart:

Also, when my father was sick and in the hospital for an extended period of time, my husband (fiance at the time) would go with me to the hospital which was 2 hours away every chance he could. He'd go along just to be there with me while I sat at my dad's bedside. We'd spend entire days there and he never once complained. It obviously wasn't fun or exciting, it was emotionally-draining and exhausting but he did it anyway. You would have thought it was his dad who was sick. I already knew he was a great guy but it was then that I realized just how amazing he was.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm not in a relationship, but I consider my best friend to be my "significant other". haha

She has done a lot of nice things. Small thing: Once she visited San Fran and brought me back my favorite cupcake. Big thing: One summer her dad took us on a 3 day trip to NYC. So much fun.

She also has spent many late night phone calls with me hearing me sob on the other end of the phone. THAT is true friendship...

Damn, now I'm getting all teary eyed because she's leaving for college at the end of the week... :cry:
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    She gave me two amazing kids... thoguh the last one cost her life....

:frown:
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This thread just caused me to order flowers and chocolate dipped strawberries to be delivered to my wife next week at work for no other reason than 'just because' :)

The flowers are being delivered on Tuesday and the chocolate strawberries the next day

That is soooo friggin cute! :smile:
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wonder if anyone has tried buying their other half a dictionary before, some people could use one.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    On our 10 year anniversary, my husband woke me up with a folder decorated with 10 flowers. Inside were envelopes (each decorated with 10 pictures) and times written on them. I opened the 1st envelope and had to solve a puzzle which told me to be ready to leave by 9:00 a.m. At 9:00, a white stretch limo pulls up and takes me to a spa where I get a massage, facial and hair done. All the while, I'm having to open up more envelopes that contain puzzles and cash. The next puzzle let me know I needed to go shopping for a new outfit. The limo picked me up and dropped me off to shop and then home. When I arrived at home, my husband had packed us a suitcase, arranged a babysitter, and off we took to Boston (something else I had to figure out from a puzzle). During the ride, he presented me with a beautiful bracelet. We arrived at a hotel and later at dinner he had 2 dozen yellow roses delivered to the table and he asked me to marry him again with a new ring (the one I had was one my father and stepmother had given me that was theirs). I think I'll keep him :)
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    There is way too many things that my husband does for me. But one that really sticks in my head is on Valentines day he on me a diamond braclet, he had to write a story to a radiostation on why his S/O should win it. Here is the story he sent in

Tracy and I knew each other for 8 years before getting married December 28, 2004. Since then I have had to go on Dialysis, (Dec. 2009) and have been unable to work. Tracy and I spent 5 weeks getting trained to do Dialysis at home. Tracy is now my Stay at Home Dialysis Nurse/Wife". She spends countless hours per week taking care of me on Dialysis, now for over two years. Many days can be quite taxing on our marriage. Unfortunately, the work she does, doesn't pay. It's done simply with the love she has for me. We struggle with just my disability income, so to win a bracelet for her, would undoubtedly put a sparkle, and more than likely, a few tears in her eyes!!"
  • knackarsch
    Options
    He has become a dad for my little girl who hasn't had one. By far the biggest, most amazing and selfless thing I could think of. He treats us both like gold. And he's giving me two step-children who mean the world to me. We may have a rough patch or two down the line, and we may disagree here and there, but I will always be awed by how freakin' big I hit the emotional jackpot.