How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Jerodhold
    Options
    You should only weight yourself weekly try to do it at the same time first thing in the morning. if you do it daily you'll normally always get something different, one day I weight myself I was 153lbs the next day I was 150lbs, your weight fluctuates alot daily
  • sarahsim48
    sarahsim48 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, too. The scale is negative and positive reinforcement for me. ;)
  • NEKimbrough
    NEKimbrough Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself right away every morning although they say to just weigh yourself once a week:)
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning.

I know lots of people on here suggest standing on the scales much less frequently, but at the moment, I feel I need to seeing what's happening (or not) on a daily basis.

I'd like to get being able to walk by the scales of a morning, but that's another target for another day.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Like never. I figure by counting cals and running, I'm not gaining anything. And the scale stresses me out so I'd rather go by how I look and feel.
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    I go to weekly weigh ins at Slimming World, but sometimes I sneak a peek midweek at home to check if things are going in the right direction. I think once a week is good though.
  • Avistew
    Avistew Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was told never to do it more than once a week, as daily variation in weight is normal and would hide any weight loss. So I've always been told once a week should be the most you weigh yourself (at the same time of day, preferably in the morning as you get up) and to do it every other week or once a month would be even better as it allows you to focus on diet and exercise without obsessing on your weight.

This being said, I still do it once a week. Don't have the patience to wait once a month!
  • CrushedMangoes
    Options
    Randomly throughout the week when I am curious. Final weigh-ins (the one I count) are on Saturday mornings after working out.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weight daily, sometimes twice (morning and night) but I just do it to get to know my own body weight fluctuation. I mainly rely on my tape measure, that's what I really care about. You can tell yourself all you want the pound you gained is muscle and not be sure but the tape measure never lies.
  • 2011Eileen
    2011Eileen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Usually every few days.
  • RNYcindee
    Options
    I have to keep myself honest! I weigh everyday!:smile:
  • layapooh15
    layapooh15 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Prob once every 3 weeks now
  • fat2fit33
    Options
    once a week as you don't want to do it too much because if you do and you don't see any improvement then you get disappointed.
    Trust me I know I have been there
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I pop on the scales most mornings, but I only record my weight once a week. I just find it interesting to see how my weight fluctuates with what I eat, the time of the month and so on.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have learned that weighing myself more than once a week makes me depressed because I think the scale numbers should drop faster!
    I went a whole month without losing anything and I was very upset! BUT then I measured, and I had lost inches.
    I now weigh once a week and I am ok if the numbers aren't where I think they should be, because I know I am losing inches as well.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    every morning naked, before my shower, after i've been to the bathroom. And if i don't like it, i'll often have another go after my shower in case i've washed any more weight off. But never if i've washed my hair in the shower, because then there's the added weight of the water in my hair.
    i know it's silly, but it's what i do. the only weight i actually take note of is the one when i get weighed in by my wellness coach, but i hop on the scales daily to watch the numbers going down, which keeps me motivated, and to see when the scales don't go down, which keeps me accountable.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning while waiting for the water to boil. However my "official weigh-in" is weekly. The daily one I do out of interest (and because the scale is next to the kettle) but it can fluctuate by a pound or two almost daily depending on ... I haven't figured out exactly, probably water weight, but it's obvious that daily isn't a reliable indicator of actual weight loss for me.
  • vixmonsta
    vixmonsta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    once a week after a zumba lesson.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but go off my Wednesday weight for my "weekly weigh in". I fluctuate from 1-3lbs every other day or so. I guess water weight.
  • cuelgirl
    cuelgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day... and I went crazy... it affected my mood... so I started to weigh myself every saturday morning... and only at the gym...... its great... I don't stress about it as much!