What won't you pay for that others do?

Options

Replies

• embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Soda in a restaurant..... It's rediculous how much they charge for one glass!!!! i get water with lemon... better for you anyhow!

Also soda at the movies most of the time. I generally get a 0 cal sobe or similar... sometimes water with a drink packet...and hide it in my purse... sometimes i will bring my own snacks too..... like pumpkin seeds... unless i am stashing aside cals for some popcorn as a treat...

Hair cut and color. I learned off of youtube how to cut layers in my hair...( though if I have a special occasion I will still go get it cut.. have not had to in over a year so far...) and have been dying my own hair for a few years... i do nice and easy blue black.....love the stuff! and then I do my red streaks with loreal HiColor magenta from sally beauty supply... it's pretty close to the manic panic vampire red I love...so sometimes I can go a few days with it like that without having to manic panic it right away like i did when I used to bleach the streaks. It lightens just as well since I like the Vampire Red a deep bright red instead of neon like...lol.. and is less damaging.... It's messy, and time consuming for sure...but costs less then $20 all told maybe slightly less with sales... i stock up...and also since the manic panic losts a few refreshes etc...
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    wow, no one else says cigarettes? Are you all smokers??!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I won't pay for

a fitness trainer (I know what to do I just need to do it ;p )
    delievery of food...I can drive
    pedicures (I've had 2 in my life and both of them were paid by someone else)

I will pay for
    Dog food that is $50 for a 30lb bag because it keeps my dogs healthy
    $130 running shoes so I don't get injured.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I don't pay for fancy cakes, desserts or my son's sandwich bread.

I do it all myself.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I won't pay for iPhone apps, iTunes or fake nails/manicure.

I will pay to get my hair cut, lawn mowed (allergic to grass), meals out and all car maintenance.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hah.. Great topic..
    I won't pay for lawn service or haircuts. I keep my head shaved anyway, so shaving cream and Mach 3's are all I need..

I will pay for Starbucks and Satellite Radio. Every radio station in this area is awful so I gladly pay for my Sirius/XM without a thought.. And it's funny because those are two things in the past, I said I would NEVER pay for.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    phone apps

This. If it's not free, I don't need it. Also, I won't pay for facebook apps or facebook games. And, I don't pay for cable. I have a TV, and I had cable until I moved, but now it's too expensive and I feel like it's not necessary. The only show I really liked to watch is the Daily Show, and I can get that online.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

if thats how we are supposed to play...then did you mention crack? heroine?
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sex.

The day a woman has to pay for sex is a really sad day! LOL
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

I won't pay for cigarettes either! lol Definitely not a smoker.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I've never paid for a haircut in my life.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Well, dude, that's like saying 'I won't spend money on crack.' If you don't use crack anyway, you don't think of it as one of the things you won't spend money on, right? I won't spend money on a pen!s enhancement...but I'm not going to bother saying that, 'cause I don't have a pen!s in the first place. See?
  • Prayforya
    Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    No:

TV Watching: If it doesn't come on channels that come with the TV, oh well.
    Radio Listening: Same as above, I enjoy XM whenever they turn it on to try and lure me in but when it goes off I don't miss it
    Drinks in a restaurant. Its ridiculous to spend $3-4 on soda. Plus cals and carbonation ruin a good meal. And I don't drink but every time I see a drink menu and see ppl paying $8-14 for one drink I'm in awe! That cost more than my meal! lol Couldn't do it.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

if thats how we are supposed to play...then did you mention crack? heroine?

I was just a little bit shocked by it I guess. Hey, if you guys wanna buy cigs and drugs, by all means =)
  • MissMollieD
    Options
    Reading over everyone's list, I am like I pay for that, and that, oh, and that... LOL.

So I guess that leaves... sex. But I am married, so I guess I pay for it but not with money (KIDDING!).

I do pay for:

Lawn care, house cleaning, personal trainer, gym membership, I eat out often, but I do not have someone come in to cook. Though I would, if I felt like it - my oil change (even though I can do it myself), tire rotations (ditto), car cleaning, pedicures, manicures, and hair coloring.

Just doing my part to keep this economy going! :o)
  • racerscottw227
    Options
    Won't pay for:

Gym membership fees. I take what I would spend and invest it into weights and other equipment.
    Computer building (Dell/Apple/HP/etc). I can build a much better computer for way cheaper without all of the bloat.
    Bottled water. I have my own tap and filter thank you very much.

Will pay for:

Good running shoes
    Good cat food/litter
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I wont pay for...
    just about anything new, excluding personal items of course... cloths, video games and furniture are better used.
    Manicure/pedicure (it shows... my nails are a wreck and I'm okay with it), hair-cuts(though I did get it cut short after losing 10lbs), apples in the fall (far too many delicious wild ones)... actually I'm really cheap, I wont pay for anything I can do myself or get through trade.

I will pay for...
    anything my pets need. I brought them into this house and I will make their lives as awesome and safe as possible.
  • eeyoreblair
    Options
    I cant think of much wouldnt pay for except weigh in classes, mani/pedi (beauty treatments)

But i do pay way over the odds for taxis (i dont drive) and pay for haircut/colour and someone to do my ironing :)
  • NikkiPsuedoDupuis
    NikkiPsuedoDupuis Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wont pay for:

Manicures: I'm a terrible nail biter, it's embarrassing and worse, it's a complete waste when I bite the tips off as soon as I get home lol
    House Keeping: I'm too paranoid about strangers in my home

I will pay for:

ALL vehicle maintenece, I'm just happy I can fill it with the fluids it needs without ruining it
    Expensive food, treats, toys etc for my cats, they keep me sane, it's worth it.
  • Alyxander100
    Alyxander100 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A hooker