Who drinks Coke Zero on the regular? Who has given it up?

Options

Replies

• jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero and 1 oz of whiskey is the bomb! 69 calories!
  • Touchdown73
    Touchdown73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda entirely on June 10th....

Exact same day I gave up cola as well!
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight while still drinking it. I drink one a day with dinner and haven't suffered.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have one everyday and I refuse to give it up.
    I enjoy it, and this is a lifestyle change not a diet -- I can't give up everything I enjoy or I won't stick to it :)
  • mama2haileybug
    mama2haileybug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was an AVID coke drinker until I started my weight loss venture. Once I started tracking everything as closely as I am now I knew that regular coke was no longer an option for me. I switched to coke zero and found that it satisfied my "fizz" craving. I do not drink many at all 2 at the most because I find that it makes me retain water due to the sodium. So my suggestion is try to cut back so your sodiuim will be less which in turn would reduce water retention which equals weight loss :-) I hope that helps you some.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 4-5 per day. I have only had 2 since June. Don't know how to convince you it isn't worth it, but think of all the chemicals. I figure if I can't pronounce it, I shouldn't eat it. Not only that, the sodium content and caffeine more than make up for the lack of sugar.

Have one for me!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The $10/week would be enough motivation for me to quit the habit or at least reduce it.

Maybe I'm cheap, but I hate the thought of spending more than $500 a year just for soda. I do like them on occasion, but not daily.
  • kimberlymbraden
    kimberlymbraden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I loved Diet Coke about a year ago I stopped drinking sodas, and lost about 20 pounds easily. For me I think it keeps me from losing weight maybe all the chemicals, not sure. I drink unsweet tea, no artificial sweeteners of any kind. I know how hard that is but my goal is to eat or drink real food, not processed or chemically enhanced. I am now down 60 pounds, have about 30 more for my goal weight. This last 30 pounds have been the toughest, I think because I am pretty happy with the way I look now compared to how I looked and felt 60 pounds ago. But I am trying to stay motivated!! Looking forward to that size 8!
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was a Coke Zero addict since it launched, and when I started focusing on losing weight, I actually started drinking more of it (probably 4 cans a night). My RMT told me that she read about aspartame tricking your body into creating insulin to breakdown what it thinks is sugar, and that this can cause belly fat. I did some research, and discovered she was right, so I gave it up last week. I'm currently 4 days into giving up aspartame, and it hasn't been as bad as I expected. I've switched to Club Soda with an ounce of pure pomegranate juice and am actually really enjoying the taste.
  • meliireyes
    Options
    I HAVE 1 YR AND 6MONTHS WITHOUT SODA :)!! YEAHHHH
  • Charlito29
    Charlito29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero = liquid crack!

If I drink something other than water, it is COKE ZERO - but I am at least trying to keep it to one a day (some days that is just impossible)
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is my drug of choice. I don't drink caffeine after 3 pm (interrupts my sleep) but I have a 20 oz bottle with lunch every day. I also drink more on the weekends but have been cutting back because I'm trying to get my 10 cups of water in.

I see nothing wrong with it. The research about artificial sweeteners and gaining weight has to do with making you want to eat sweet things and craving things. If you choose not to eat certain foods or only eat within your calories then the sweetener has no control over you (that is how I understand the research....I've been known to be wrong a couple times in my life).

It helps me take a break from water and gives me the caffeine I desperately need!!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    A home remedy for cleaning your toilet is to use a can of Coke..

That should be enough to make anyone stop drinking that stuff..
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used to drink about 3 small bottles a day of diet coke or coke zero.... over the past couple of years I have scalled back... some days better than others.. .I am now down to a can a week and even then, I am almost at the point of taking it or leaving it. You have to be ready to give it up, and until then, if it helps you, drink it. I found that I am feeling better without it, less headaches, less irrability.... it's a journey, You'll know when it's time to scale it back.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 3-5 a day now I drink 1-2 a week. I found that I feel much better when I eliminate the soda but it could be a "mental" thing as well becuase when I gave it up I also started eating a lot better. Really the only time I have soda now is when I am at a restaurant that doesn't have ice tea (usually Fast Food).
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    :heart: :drinker: I'm in love with diet soda.
  • kayc6670
    kayc6670 Posts: 13
    Options
    i gave up all food/drink with aspartame and lost 20 lbs without doing anything else. it has been over 2 years and i drink a diet soda about once a week only iff unsweet tea(w/splenda) or water is not available. I feel so much better after getting off aspartame products.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I use to drink it constantly but I was trying to cut down on my sodium so I stopped I might have 1 ever so often now but prefer water...
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I am at the moment watching the show Freaky Eaters. The episode is about a cola addict. I would suggest you check it out.

I am all for having a bit of caffeine each day...usually in the form of a cup of coffee or tea, however they are not nearly as processed as cola. I truly believe that there is only one product on earth that is calorie free and that is water. It makes me wonder what is being put in my body if I were to drink soda.

I drink soda maybe, 4-5 times a year and it is usually ginger ale when I am feeling sick.

Look up the pros/cons of soda.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I don't drink soda at all.. If i do only on my cheat day..