Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Checking account fees
    Credit card interest
    Bottled water

But there are plenty of things I pay for that others don't. I ♥ having a maid service.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Sex.
    Fitness equip/DVDs
    New clothes(the only time I buy new is if I cant find what I'm looking for used)
    Anything I can grow in my garden (watermelon, tomatoes, corn, radishes, beans etc)
    Baby/Cat toys (give them a box and some pots and pans! LOL)
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't pay for
    haircuts
    taxis
    own car (I do hire one to go on holiday)
    pre made cat food (only good quality is dried and he can't have that due to bladder related health issues - I get tinned fish and fresh meat and finish with a vitamin supplement)
    mani/pedicure
    phone apps
    gym membership - easier to workout at home, especially when husband is out as then as I couldn't get a babysitter
    gardening - I have a husband for that!
    washing/ironing - I only iron the very basics and I have a dryer so the washing is easy (and I do 20+ loads a week)

I would say public transport but I do get a bus maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

I do or would get if I could afford it
    a cleaner - I would love a cleaner
    cable tv + tivo - we don't actually watch much but I want what I want when I want to watch it
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't pay for manicures/pedicures and highlights. My husband highlights my hair and does a darn good job of it!

I do pay for a good haircut and my gym membership!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    eyebrow waxes! Forget about it, ill pluck them for free.
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wont pay someone to clean my house. There is just something about a stranger going through your stuff.
  • BThomas5971
    BThomas5971 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    a tan
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Won't
    Mani pedi for sure
    Labor to renovate the house we are buying (fully intend on installing tile, ripping out walls, serious landscaping, exterior painting, refinishing cabinets, drywalling)
    Party planning the bigger events we throw - love doing that stuff :)
    Rather make my own curtains and throw pillows
    Also cable! Screw that, I have a great TV and a digital antenne = 6 channels and Netflix/HULU saved me $90.

Will
    Can't wait to pay for a housecleaner
    $200 Haircuts
    Unlimited everything on iPhones
    Vacations and travel
    Good camera equip.
    Organic foods
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Reading what other people won't pay for makes me feel spoiled...LOL. I get mani/pedis every two weeks...we have a lawn service to cut our grass...another lawn service to fertilize it a few times a year...and we get regular stops from the bug man because I hate spiders and ants.

Oh well! To each his own! :drinker:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I don't pay for lawn care although when it's 115+ degrees out and all the cards and flyers show up on my door, I am tempted. I don't pay for mani/pedis. I did the acrylic nails once at the urging of a friend and it ruined my nails.

I will pay for expensive bags & shoes in classic styles. Heels are less painful the more expensive they are and typically items last longer the more you pay for them so you get more per wear dollars out of them then the cheap stuff that falls apart after two washings.

I will also pay for season tickets to NHL and MLB.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER pay someone to clean my house!! I will not pay the ridiculous prices that movie theatres want for their sodas and snacks, or even bottled water. I will not pay to wash my vehicle at a car wash. I'll just wash it at home with a garden hose and a soapy cloth. And the list goes on and on . . . .
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What I pay for that others won't?

Someone else to clean my house.....with a full-time, demanding job and a busy life, I'd rather be using what little time I have doing things I enjoy.

I would love a cleaner, but my husband says no!
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    What I pay for that others won't?

Someone else to clean my house.....with a full-time, demanding job and a busy life, I'd rather be using what little time I have doing things I enjoy.

I would love a cleaner, but my husband says no!

I hope he's doing his fair share of the cleaning then!
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I won't pay for a name brand purse. Or pay over $100 for shoes. BUT...

I WILL pay for name brand jeans! There is a big difference in generic jeans and name brand!!! I will pay to make my tush look good! :smile:

I also will pay for just about anything, for the right price. I'm all about making life easier and less stress. So I would rather not do the work myself. And I believe in letting the people that know what they are doing, to do it for me too! But I'm price conscience. So because of that,

I do my own waxing, cleaning, cooking, and don't have a gym membership currently. I would rather rent the movie then watch it in the theatre. And I'm married, so sex cost me very little! :wink:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Sex.

The day a woman has to pay for sex is a really sad day! LOL

HAHA!!! So TRUE!

You aren't paying for the sex, you are paying him to go away!:devil:
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    a tan

Good one. I'm bringing pale back.
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    cable. massages, manicures/perdicures, makeup, tans, housecleaning.

I enjoy the fact that most of the things I own are from thrift stores or friends. Why purchase something brand new when you can reduce and re-use. Plus, when I do buy something new, it feels more like a treat and I put more value into it.

I will also buy top of the line food for my dog, for he deserves the best.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    gym membership
    hair color
    anyone touching my feet
    massage
    premium gasoline
    lawn care/house cleaning
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Sex
  • leahnass
    leahnass Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I won't pay for cable. I can watch all the same shows on my own schedule through Netflix at a fraction of the price.
    I don't pay for a gardener. My husband does the lawn and I grow edibles in my garden. Sometimes I'll mow but not often.
    I don't pay for Mani/Pedis. I like to do it myself, at home, while the laundry is running and I'm watching Netflix. Plus I understand Vietnamese and most of those nail ladies are not very nice.

I do pay plenty for purses. Marc Jacobs, Gucci, Proenza Schouler, le sigh.
    I will pay for lavish dinners at fine dining establishments. Most recently, a couple hundred at Marche Moderne for a Farewell to Foie Gras dinner.
    I love pricey wines and particularly champagne. If I'm only going to have a couple of glasses because I'm watching my calories, especially if they're accompanying and artisan meal, they have to be fantastic.
    I also pay for organic vegetable delivery from a local CSA. It's worth it to supplement my garden and always have fresh veggies on hand to cook.