Couch to 5k app?

Options
I have been thinking of starting the couch to 5k but am looking for an app for my iPhone. The only problem is there are a ton of them listed. Anybody have any experience with any that they like or dislike?

Replies

• notaquitter4
    Options
    i too am wondering this question!! also i noticed the only free apps are pretty much previews of the app...therefore before i pay for them i'd like to know which one is best!
  • GeorgiaTina
    Options
    I have couch to 5K on my droid razor and I believe it costs $1.99. You can add your running music to it. It's great
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I use the RunDouble app. It is great! The only catch is that after the first two weeks, it costs 1.99 I think it is worth it though!
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    I have the RunDouble app and you get a free two week trial and then to buy the whole thing it is $1.60.

I am on week 2 day 2 now, and I love it. Plays my music in the background and everything.

Good Luck!!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have the C25K app for iphone, I believe it was $1.99. Totally worth it though. I am starting Week 6 tomorrow!
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use the one with this icon
    http://www.iappfind.com/app/439852091

You can also download the C to 10k app that looks similar.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use jog log. It has c25k built in, plays your own ipod music, provides voice prompts. You can also make up your own workouts, set music to specific segments etc. The only drawback I have found so far, was that a couple of the weeks don't match the official c25k workout. I emailed them on 1 and they corrected with the next update (week 6 day 1 I think) - the others, I just copied the workout and corrected it on my own.
  • desirae1976
    desirae1976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use the 0 to 5K app. It cost me $2.99 but I love it! Check it out.
  • Ke11o
    Ke11o Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    "Ease into 5k" is what I use and its going really well, It's free to start but you can buy a $0.99 upgrade that allows you to use the GPS to Keep track out your route, speed, and distance and By entering your weight and such it give you a rough guess about Cal. burned. Its by "Bluefin Software" try it out!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I used a free one and it worked great - c25kFREE by Zen Labs. Easy to follow, lets you play your own music if you like, no problems.
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have the one by active.com it is blue. It cost $1.99
  • smith4304
    smith4304 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the iPhone and I use the C25K free app. It's free, obviously. and i love it! Does the whole 8 weeks... not sure what the ones you pay for have extra?
  • ColtyHan
    ColtyHan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use C25K by Zen labs. It is free and has the whole plan included. You can also play your own music and it will mute the music when it gives you the voice prompts.
  • smith4304
    smith4304 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used a free one and it worked great - c25kFREE by Zen Labs. Easy to follow, lets you play your own music if you like, no problems.

Yes! The zen labs one is the one I use too. I love that you can play music while it's going.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I have the one by active.com it is blue. It cost $1.99

This is the one I used. Worth the price. Very stable
  • alycat06
    alycat06 Posts: 75
    Options
    I also use the app from ZenLabs and love it!
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the active.com C25K one. Its 1.99 but I think its totally worth it. It keeps track of time for you and lets you know when to walk/jog/cool down. And the gps tracks your distance and maps your route! You can make a music playlist or I used pandora in the background and it worked fine. Plus the trainer voices are funny :)
  • I used a free one and it worked great - c25kFREE by Zen Labs. Easy to follow, lets you play your own music if you like, no problems.

Yes! The zen labs one is the one I use too. I love that you can play music while it's going.

Same here - free is even better and it works great!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Interval Run by DeltaVee for iPhone

It has a few different programs...LOVE it!
  • krisc15
    krisc15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use C25K FREE too and it is awesome. It plays your music for you and beeps and talks to you when to walk or run