leslie sansone walk at home DVDS?? anyone??

Options
2»

Replies

• Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I loooove them...can't speak enough about them. When I first started, I used her DVD's and even do today when I don't go to the gym. Amazing DVD's
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have 5 of them. Do one every single morning, at least 4 miles. Will pick different miles to work through. My trainer also warms me up with "leslie" moves each week. It has made a big success so far in my journey. I also do my exercise bike nightly, and then another DVD for about 20 mins. like TaeBo. Lift every-other day. Good luck on your journey. =)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love her dvd's but I can't attest to the success part because I use them sporadically, preferring to walk outside or on a track. When it is raining outside, it does give me the opportunity to workout, though. I highly recommend them to anyone who asks because of her personality and attitude. Love Leslie!!!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I think her videos and workouts are very good and worthwhile. And, they're a great place to start moving. Like with everything, some of her DVDs are better than others but any one is a good starting point. I suggest you start off with the simple one mile. Get really good at it and enjoy yourself. Then, if you want, you can add another mile or you can do 15 minutes in the morning and another 15 minutes later in the day at a convenient time for you.
  • greekstress27
    greekstress27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love these tapes! So easy to do in my office or at home before I "treat" myself with some TV or a good book. You can also get some of them on youtube.
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have one of her DVD's and I LOVE it! great for a quick walk when it is nasty outside.
  • omgdinosaurs
    Options
    I have so many of them! And I love them all. They're perfect for me because I'm bigger and I can't do the intense workout dvd's like insanity and 30 day shred. They really get my heart rate up and provide and fantastic work out.
    I can't recommend them enough!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I currently have and use' Walk away the pounds 4and 5 miles advance walk. When i really want that extra burn i will do both programs the same day. Only thing i dislike about Leslie is she talks too much her mouth never stops moving. So i turn the volume down and listen to my own music. :flowerforyou:
  • LauraLLMans
    Options
    I love mine. Recently I bought the Walk At Home Big 5 miles. Some days I only have time for (1) mile, At lunch time at the office I can sometimes squeeze in (2) miles, and sometimes I can do the entire DVD. Love her. When I had my babies that is what I used to get my weight off and it really helped.

Good luck with your weight loss journey and congrats on the wonderful bundle of joy
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've tried them on youtube a few times as I'm just beginning and I'm using the 1, 2 and 3 mile walks to build up to more intensive stuff. They get my heart rate up and aren't overly intense for beginners.

Definitely recommend them.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I have her 'Start! Walking at Home' 1, 2, & 3 mile DVDs and love them. Will be ordering the 'Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection' and the 5 day slim down sometime in the next couple weeks. I love her videos and find that I can change the intensity based on my mood quite easily.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have two. One of them incorporates some weights. They're not heavy enough to qualify as "lifting", but adding the extra work of the upper body muscles gets my heart rate elevated more then just the workout alone would.

The other one I have is called 3 Fast Miles - - - it's a great workout, IMO. The walking is quite fast and several of the people in the video are doing more strenuous moves and some higher impact, so it can be quite vigorous. You can certainly get more out of it if you put more into it.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I just started doing her dvds, started with 1 mile and doing the 2 mile this week. its fun and you will break a sweat. my kids also love it and they do it with me. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Its available at the library and in youtube.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I used these as my primary form of exercise for the first 125 lbs or so. Then I felt confident enough to try other things. But give me a cold, rainy day and I'm still all about the 5 mile advanced walk. The pace is still a but kicker, expecially if you use weights/resistance.
  • mrsH09
    mrsH09 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just got her 5really big miles dvd and love it!! totally gets you moving, my baby is 11 weeks old but not sure i would be doing some of these moves just after having a csection, so go you :)
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    They are a really good way to get started.