Replies

• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I won't pay for a haircut
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Writing this list, I've realized how strange my habits are. I'm painfully cheap in some aspects, but then I don't think twice about leaving a lot of money where I deem fit.

I wouldn't pay for

* Expensive lodging when I travel because I always end up just sleeping there anyway, and I really can sleep at any place with a roof and a mattress.
    * Movies, music, TV shows and basically anything I can find online for free. Yes, I do know it's illegal. No, I don't care.
    * Pedicures. I don't consider having someone touch my feet as pampering. More like torture.
    * Pajamas. I haven't worn proper pajamas since I was a kid. I always sleep in oversized tees and old sweatpants.
    * Plucking eyebrows. I can do a better job myself than in any place I've ever tried.
    * Baked goods. Doing it myself almost always ends up costing me more, but I enjoy the crap.
    * Expensive jewelry. All the expensive pieces I own were a gift.

I would pay for:

* Any spa treatment except the aforementioned pedicures.
    * Lingerie. I'll admit it's a little ridiculous to pay for something nobody will get to see, but screw it, makes me feel good.
    * Clothing, shoes and bags. In my experience, quality and durability rises with the cost.
    * Wrist watches. I'm not sorry to pay a ridiculous price for a watch because I pick classic models and wear them until they either fall apart or break in a way that can't be fixed.
    * I never think twice about paying for a great meal.
    * A good hair cut and coloring. I dye blonde and I have hair too short to sweep it over my shoulders, so I'd never risk this alone.
    * I would pay someone to clean my place and do the laundry in a heartbeat if I could at all afford it.
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    ImSoPerfectlyFlawed Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • sirrah17
    sirrah17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really can't think of too many things (besides the obvious) that I would not pay for if I had the money to do so.
  • Lilphoenix
    Lilphoenix Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What I won't pay for that I see others do:
    New books - I LOVE literature but those price tags are too much for me
    DVD's
    Gym membership
    Alcohol
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    a phone plan with internet. I have a Nook, and I can surf anywhere with free Wi-Fi, so I don't understand paying monthly for something like that. We've had several phone reps in our office and all of them think they can convince me how it's so awesome and so worth it...so far, no dice, keeping my phone the same.
  • znkmommy
    znkmommy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is me to:)
    I am super cheap so there is almost nothing that I would pay for.

I will pay for food

Then anything else: If I can make it or if it can be made --> I will
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't have much I won't pay for. I try not to pay for atm fees because I feel like it's free money since it's my mom I'm trying to get.

I love name brand purses, shoes and glasses like coach and Michael Kors so I spend money on those. I also like getting massages, manicures, pedicures and I get my hair done every 14-21 days. I like to spend money on activities like going to the movies and etc. I work hard and like to spend it on myself.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I am super cheap so there is almost nothing that I would pay for.

I will pay for food

Then anything else: If I can make it or if it can be made --> I will

I'm the dead opposite. I can't think of a single thing I won't pay to have done, except sex.

I'm with you!
  • bahlquist
    Options
    A lawn care service.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I wont pay for: designer clothes. mani pedis.
    i will pay for: quality dog and cat food.
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sex.

HA HA...ditto!
    I am not paying for sex either ... because my wife would definitely kill me.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Certain name brand clothes that people pay like $100 for a shir or jeans. I think that is ridiculous. Clothes are just clothes to me. You are just paying more to wear person's name on your body.