Why am i losing no weight?

Options

Replies

• wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    protein is something that makes it a lot easier for me to feel full and meet my caloric goals. I use protein powder (whey) which is available pretty cheap. I also grill lots of foods at the same time so I have them for a mini meal when I am hungry. Chicken breasts, lean lean pork (trimmed even then) super lean steaks and 93+ percent low fat hamburgers and a few types of fish or shrimp.

It takes a few weeks to get used to no sweets but eventually your body will quit craving them.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    A couple days of "dieting" or exercising is not going to make you lose weight. I can speak for many when I say this is a life change. You have to want to be a better you, and a healthier you. Be consistent, follow advice given, eat enough (more than 1200 calories), exercise often (even if it's a short walk) and log every day. Everyone is here to be supportive, but if you log your food once a week, no one can help you. Log it everyday so you don't forget what you ate.

Good luck!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I just took a look at your diary back to the beginning of August. You need to start tracking your sodium because I bet it's really high and that causes water retention. Your diet is not very healthy tbh. You have 2-3 hot pockets almost every day and that's pretty much it for the day, maybe some ice pops or cake thrown in. There were virtually no fruits or veggies, no complex carbs. You pretty much need to revamp your whole eating style. You can eat hot pockets still, but just limit it to one and have something else with it that is unprocessed. Life is about balance. :) You can take a look at my food diary because my calorie counts are close to yours to see what I eat on a day to day basis.

Also to help you out we need to know your height, starting weight, have you dieted in the past, and what is "their" program?
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough and you eat like crap. Hot pockets are nasty bad for you. Eat more fruits and veggies...healthy cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, lean meats....prepare your own food if you can. I know I am not the best advocate for healthy eating...but I eat within my range and I work out as much as possible.

Be consistent and honest and try to eat more/better. If it is work, pack a lunch...bring healthy snacks like almonds or yogurt to snack on. And drink lots of water!

You can lose weight without working out, but you have to be spot on with your diet.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    ok adding everything

So you weren't even logging? Then what are you complaining about? Thanks for wasting everyone's time. Start logging everything for 3 weeks, THEN see what happens.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Some things you may want to consider:

-Are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day?
    -Are you getting enough sleep, 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night?
    -How is your sodium intake? Under 2500mg per day? more can make you retain water.
    -Are you exercising? Sure, weight loss should be calories in/calories out but if your fat is like mine it laughs at that notion. I need to MOVE to lose weight.
    -Are you recording everything you eat? Some plans consider fruit and veggies as 'free' food...however consider that just ONE banana has 100 calories in it. You need to record everything you eat and drink.

^This. I would add this: use a food scale.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and from what I see, you have to chose more healthy foods. Eat vegs and fruits, and protein.....
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Im following their plans and 3 weeks later. no weight lost.

How is hot pockets being the only thing you are eating in the last week.. cake, and other highly processed foods "following their plans?"

You arent logging, and now, you are adding random things into your diary because people tell you that you arent logging?

WHY do people bother to waste others time on here? *smh*
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Whose plans are you following exactly? Could you have been any more vague with your question?

this
  • Nightelyn
    Options
    1) You aren't eating clean.
    2) For only trying to lose 12lbs, eating 1200 calories a day is not enough.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Cut out all bananas, grains, and never eat pork on a Sunday. Also, "Cardio, Cardio, Cardio"! Also, try calorie zig-zagging! And tae-bo!

Just kidding. I have no idea what you've been doing thusfar so can't really advise.

You had me at bananas ;)
  • betterplayer
    Options
    I didnt log everything, i noticed.
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be rude, but you can't eat Hot Pockets every day and expect to lose weight. You're not getting enough nutrients from your food. Maybe give lean meats, fruits and veggies a try (unless you are a vegan) and see if that helps.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I didnt log everything, i noticed.

You can log 10,000 calories.. that isnt what makes you lose weight. You eat like CRAP.

Why are you waisting peoples time? I mean, really?
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Cut out all bananas, grains, and never eat pork on a Sunday. Also, "Cardio, Cardio, Cardio"! Also, try calorie zig-zagging! And tae-bo!

no pork on sunday????? wow you jst ruined my family dinners... We have bbq PORK ribs every sunday....... NOT

Just kidding. I have no idea what you've been doing thusfar so can't really advise.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Not trying to be rude, but you can't eat Hot Pockets every day and expect to lose weight.

This is not true. You can eat mostly twinkies every day and still lose weight.
  • betterplayer
    Options
    Okay. No help, just people arguing.
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Really, it is a no brainer that you can't eat Hot Pockets, chocolate cake and Doritos and expect to lose any weight. Processed foods are MURDER on your body. Eat fresh, now is the best time of year for that! Log everything! Even those pesky condiments. Be honest with the amounts and be sure to be moving every day. Exercise isn't just hitting the gym, it's being more active in every facet in your life. Fitness is a combo of changing your lifestyle eating habits and adding exercise, not just dieting.

Also, if you want advice, fill in your profile info, add a photo, tell us your goals and past experiences and I know people will be more than willing to help. You really didn't start out your question very well so that is why people are arguing because you didn't give us much to work with. Try to give us more info and we will all go from there.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Okay. A lot of help.

I'm going to be blunt here: what on earth did you expect? You don't log, the food you DO log is crap, you don't seem to have any goals here and therefore you're coming off as not even remotely serious about changing your habits and starting a healthy lifestyle. I *never* thought I'd be one of those people that logged food, but it's helped me figure out what I need to do to not only loose my excess weight, but maintain my goal weight once I get there.
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am finding myself in the same boat with you. Let's paddle together. i sent you a friend request.
    Good luck,
    Doni :flowerforyou: