Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Options

Replies

• BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Same as avir8. I gain my energy, recharge, by being alone. INTj according to Meyers Briggs...which accounts for less than 1/2 percent of females in the US!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Introvert. INTJ. Leave me alone.

INTJ's rule the world. Really.
  • EricC7788
    EricC7788 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Introvert...no doubt about it
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    guess i'm introvet i prefer to be alone. at christmas i was thankful i worked noon til 5 pm by the time i got home half the family was leaving
    dont get me wrong i enjoy my family and others but only in small doses. i go to church but i transfered from a church with over 3,000 members to one with less than 500 members mainly to get more involved but i still neesd alone time. i used to be the opposite outgoing be life of aprty but ex husband wouldnt let me out house without accusing me of doing every tom, **** or harry in the area then when i left him and came homei would go somewhere with friends or alone and my parents thought i was going to spend money on myself rather then take care of my daughters needs (still do) so instead of arguing i just stay locked inmy roon and dont associate with anyone
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    According to the Myers-Briggs Typology Test I am an INTJ. Which is Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging. It's uncommon for a girl to be Thinking and/or Judging.

There are two possible characteristics for the of the four letters:

Introvert or Extrovert (I or E)
    Intuitive or Sensing (N or S)
    Thinking or Feeling (T or F)
    and Juding or Perception (J or P)

You can take a shortened version of that actual test here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

There are no right or wrong answers. Just answer Honestly.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the whole introvert/extrovert thing seems to be a false dichotomy like Democrat/Republican!

Since I suffer from a terminal condition called Engineering Career Syndrome (not sure what color ribbon that gets...), I must be an introvert of the most pernicious kind. Reminds me of my favorite joke about engineers:

Q: How can you tell if an engineer is extroverted?

A: Because when they talk to you, they stare at YOUR shoes rather than their OWN!

And one other thing....how can ANYONE be introverted in this Brave New World of Facebook? I have hundreds of "friends"!

My whole family are engineers. Cracks me up to hear jokes. I was supposed to be an engineer and I just couldn't handle all the introversion and isolation... so I become an accountant. That's better..... right???? :wink:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I like being alone, but I definitely have more energy and am happier in a group of people.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    INFJ..introvert. However, I make much of my living as a public speaker. Go figger...
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You can't be something that was invented after the human race began.
  • HannahK08
    HannahK08 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im definitely an EXTROVERT!! Im loud, crazy, obnoxious (sometimes) and just love being around people and meeting people. I cant stand too much quiet so I usually always have music playing! Although I have 2 toddlers so there really isnt ever any quiet!
  • Katie0174
    Katie0174 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised to see so many introverts here.

Me too, I had read before that introverts account for only about 30% of the population...they must all be on here ;-).

I'm an introvert as well, I'm totally awkward [lol :( ] and love to be at home, and being around people too much makes me lose so much energy. I love being an introvert but people are usually so weird around me because I'm quiet.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Depends on which theory you're going off of.. :)
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    INTJ....definite introvert. But a lot of my job is public speaking and debate and teaching. I can handle it fine....but one on one watch out I will go silent and hide. At a social event I am the wallflower. I spend copious amounts of time alone, if there are people around for a long time I freak. I prefer the reading, researching and writing aspects of my job.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Extreme introvert. But not shy at all. Yes, there is a difference.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My answer is "yes". :tongue:
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert, however I never have alone time, but I don't really consider being around my kids 24/7 an intrusion into my time like I would other people. I don't mind going places like the movies, dinner etc as long as its with my hubby and/or kids. I hate big crowds(even after growing up with 7 sisters), I don't like talking on the phone, I'm a horrible in real life friend because I don't like making plans or just hanging out and talking and I like being at home but I'm a good online friend because it's more convenient and doesn't make me uncomfortable.(I know that sounds horrible, but it's just who I am)
    However I get out of my comfort zone a lot because I have children. I take them to playgroups, the zoo/ice skating/roller skating with the local homeschool groups, etc. I also break out a little because I have a very introverted daughter(the rest take after their dad) and I want her to step out of her comfort zone sometimes.
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Introvert completely. I even get anxiety when around a lot of people, especially when its crowded.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    lol there is no difference with anything, peoples perspectives change all of the time.

I'm an introveculitarionmalerzertnemerabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.2
  • eightpock
    Options
    introvert. My employer had all of it's management employees take a Myers-Briggs exam. I ranked extremely introvert, off-the-scale type lol. :)
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Options
    You completely described me! I can't function if I don't have time to myself. I'm pretty chatty and friendly with people, but I hate small talk and don't generally care about whats being said. I like intense topics or debates. I'm an INFJ. It's nice to see so many introverts! I feel like I'm constantly surrounded by people who don't really get my introverted nature.