Am I obsessed?

Options

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! Don't worry, my husband is supportive and my mom actually ended up joining and is the same way ;)

Girl he has no choice.
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are not obsessed! That is how you loose weight
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You're dedicated (you didn't mention the length of the du you're training for but even a sprint takes dedication.....)

Obsession - A word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated :laugh: :laugh: (urbandictionary.com)
    DU is 2 mile run 13.7 bike & 2 mile run I love your def of obsession I'm going to use that.

Have you started doing bricks yet?
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    People in this world have run out of things to complain about. Is to bad to obsess about drugs, women, sex, *kitten*, and etc. If you can continue your normal life without a problem then why is there something wrong with it? Now if you got kids and you ain't taking care of them cause you are counting the macaroni and cheese box 50 times then you got problems. I log all my stuff in like 10 min for the day. If you are spending a great deal amount of time counting calories when you already have then we may be having a problem here then lol.
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Those of us that are exercise fanactics just don't feel right without our workout! I enjoy my workouts but do give my body a rest day or 2 also!
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You're not obsessed, you're an example to us all! As long as when you are tired, sore or hurt you back off and let your body heal, you are fine.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You're dedicated (you didn't mention the length of the du you're training for but even a sprint takes dedication.....)

Obsession - A word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated :laugh: :laugh: (urbandictionary.com)
    DU is 2 mile run 13.7 bike & 2 mile run I love your def of obsession I'm going to use that.

Have you started doing bricks yet?
    I'm a newbie what's bricks?
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I think you are obsessed if your body needs to heal but you keep pushing it to its limit.
  • jcatrett
    Options
    Wow! I wish I could get obessed about working out. I am so frustrated...I know I need to "work up" to a hard work out, but when I do a little (30 minutes of treadmil @ 3.2mph for 25 minutes)...I don't feel like it is getting me anywhere so I loose motivation...any suggestions on how to feel like I have a great workout and keep myself motiviated while trying to build stamina??
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow! I wish I could get obessed about working out. I am so frustrated...I know I need to "work up" to a hard work out, but when I do a little (30 minutes of treadmil @ 3.2mph for 25 minutes)...I don't feel like it is getting me anywhere so I loose motivation...any suggestions on how to feel like I have a great workout and keep myself motiviated while trying to build stamina??
    In my humble opinion it's mostly mental. 30 min on the tread is a great start & it is so getting you "somewhere". I only run 25-30 & I've lost 17 pounds since 7/3 Blast some music you love or distract yourself with a good TV show. If the weathers good get outside I used to play mind games when I was building up to running like run from this sign to that sign or run this entire song, before I knew it I was running 2, 3 even 5 miles. Stay with it, lean on the wonderful suportive people on this site...you will get there!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Whatever for that noise. Nobody ever says *kitten* when you start taking up bad habits, but if you start to eliminate them, people always have something to say. "Oh, you don't have to count calories/workout every day, live it up sometimes" or "Why did you quit cigarettes, you're going to die of something anyway" , "You used to be fun before you stopped getting drunk every weekend" or even, "why you think you be all better than us since you stopped mainlining heroin."

WHATEVER FOR THAT NOISE. When I was getting fatter by the day, not a single one of those people knocked on my door at 6am to get me up for a run. Not a single one of them smacked the 6th slice of pizza out of my hand before it hit my mouth. Nobody had anything to say when I went from 220, to 240, to 250, up to 280. And if they did, I wasn't listening. So if I didn't listen on the way up, why would I listen on the way down? If things are going well for you, don't listen to ANYBODY unless they are trying to help things go better.

Whatever. For. That. Noise.
  • cosmicgirl64
    cosmicgirl64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, thanks guys! I was a little bit worried about being obsessed myself. To be honest, I probably do push myself a little bit too hard if my body is a bit sore. But I'm working on changing that! I've taken up swimming which is a lot more low impact and am looking to give up traning using the ellipitical trainer as I've been told that it's really heavy on your ball joints ie your hips. Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks about calories all day! I need though in order to stay motivated. I am absolutely loving being healthy and being in control of my body.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Rest days are important. I used to be that obsessive as well. It's very freeing to relax about it a little.
  • homemomfreda
    Options
    You are not obsessed you are dedicated!! Keep up the good work:)
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    There are worse things than working out, as long as you are feeding your body!
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Same issue at home for me. I used to joke that i called it being passionate. Now I just let the results speak for themselves.

Athletes do not get results from fart a$$ing around the track. They get results from excelling and being obsessive and passionate. Now you may not have the ambition to be an athlete but the principle is the same.

Hope you score your goals!!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    No guilt necessary. It does take some obsession, if you want to call it that, to make this kind of change.
    Just blow it off.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I heard lazy people call dedicated people obsessed when their just very very dedicated!
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Whatever for that noise. Nobody ever says *kitten* when you start taking up bad habits, but if you start to eliminate them, people always have something to say. "Oh, you don't have to count calories/workout every day, live it up sometimes" or "Why did you quit cigarettes, you're going to die of something anyway" , "You used to be fun before you stopped getting drunk every weekend" or even, "why you think you be all better than us since you stopped mainlining heroin."

WHATEVER FOR THAT NOISE. When I was getting fatter by the day, not a single one of those people knocked on my door at 6am to get me up for a run. Not a single one of them smacked the 6th slice of pizza out of my hand before it hit my mouth. Nobody had anything to say when I went from 220, to 240, to 250, up to 280. And if they did, I wasn't listening. So if I didn't listen on the way up, why would I listen on the way down? If things are going well for you, don't listen to ANYBODY unless they are trying to help things go better.

Whatever. For. That. Noise.

This is seriously one of my favorite posts ever on this site.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    It becomes habit. As long as you stay healthy then obsess away :)