What's the single biggest change you've made?

Options

Replies

• emphoto2003
    emphoto2003 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cut out Cokes and switched to only water. I used to drink about 5 Cokes/day!
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Not drinking my calories, aside from coffee and almond milk all I drink is water.
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've cut fast food out of my diet. I used to eat it anywhere from 3-6 days out of the week so this was a huge change for me!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Completely cut out soda's(4 months) and McDonalds (July 9)....since July 9th I have lost almost 20 pounds :)

LOL. July 9th made 1 month without Mtn. Dews and was also the Day I quit smoking (August 9 made 1 month smoke free!!!!!)
  • neiljen
    neiljen Posts: 2
    Options
    Used to drink pop. not anymore! NO CAFFEINE for 5 months!!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    everything
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    generally eating better - more protein, calcium, fruit. probably can get rid of the multivitamin because I eat a balanced diet. Also regular exercise on a daily basis.
  • Watersapphire
    Watersapphire Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Quite a few - hard to pick one!
    Eating consciously (only when hungry) and being more active (love my fitbit!) is probably the biggest one!
    Plus, while still trying to lose weight: low carbs, lots of water and drinking wine only on special occasions - a bad day at work does not count as a special occasion! (anymore!)
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Biggest and best thing I have done is eliminate calorie filled drinks except for milk and squeezed juices.
  • amrita0286
    Options
    - I've cut back on pops, I use to be a coke addict where I needed to drink a can daily or I couldn't "concentrate" , I've replaced that with water

- I've stopped eating out as frequently and cooking at home

- I've stopped pretending not to see the labels of foods that I put into my mouth.
  • patita65
    Options
    I started my weightloss campaign two years ago. I made three changes. 1. I joined a gym and got moving. 2. I started packing my own breakfast and lunch instead of buying it from local cafes. 3. Dropped alcohol intake from 2-3 glass of wine a night to 2-3 glasses of wine a week. Have lost 34 kg (75 lbs) so far. Still some way to go and that is proving more difficult. Don't quite know what I'll do yet, but need to put in a bigger effort for those last few kgs.
  • TashaeJanee
    Options
    Mine would probably have to be resiting the urge to by boxed/bagged goodies. I'm a sucker for things like frozen chicken wings, nuggets, pizza, ect. The easy stuff! It's been challenging putting together meals from scratch, but so much more rewarding.
  • year2doit
    Options
    cut out liquid calories- water, tea and the occasional diet pop .
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Cutting out bread + pasta!
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    I have made a lot of changes, but I honestly believe the most effective change has been going from 1 glass of water per day up to 8-16 glasses per day! I feel fresher and cleaner.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Actually looking at and following the servings on things. It makes it a lot easier to pass up the cookies when I realize its 8 g of fat for only 2 cookies! Before I'd eat like 10 and say it was 8 grams of fat..um, no.
  • Kookie215
    Kookie215 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cut the soda out, i swear i'm a fish i would go through a 2 liter per DAY! i didn't even use a glass ii just always had a bottle within reach...now when i look back its just gross! i cheat every once in while and get a 16oz diet something but a girl needs her guilty pleasures!

next on the hit parade is my beloved salt....thats gonna take some heart
  • katiefly86
    Options
    I've only been in this for six days, but my biggest change is portion control! I've always used food for comfort, so if I was upset, a lot, I'd eat and eat and eat almost until I was sick. The last six days have been a struggle. But I'm so proud of myself. I baked peanut butter cookies w/ my children, and I only ate ONE!!! That is huge for me. I used to eat like 5 or 6 while they were cooling.
    I've also cut out fast food. Again the comfort thing. I hate my job, so I'm always upset on the way in, and I used to stop at McDonald's or Wendy's nearly every night. I've started eating before I leave and bringing a healthy snack with me.
    And lastly, I'm a huge sweet tea fan. But I've almost completely cut that out. I think I might have drank one glass of water per day before. Now I drink nearly 8!! And in 6 days I've had 2 8oz glasses of 1/2 sweet 1/2 unsweetened tea, and the second made me a little nauseous.
    Like I said, it's only been sick days, but I'm so incredibly proud of myself!! It's a struggle, but I'm going to keep on chugging along!! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!

28061105.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sigmoo
    sigmoo Posts: 4
    Options
    Switching from low fat to low carb, starting zumba and getting a heart rate monitor to accurately monitor cal burned. Weight loss just rocketing along now! Oh and I'm wheat free, that was the hardest change, but I didn't get a choice about that!
  • Mexie1
    Mexie1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cut out take-aways (Chinese or Indian food delivered to the house from a take-out shop not a restaurant).

We used to have at least one, often two a week. I've not had a Chinese all year, only had one Indian and it made me feel really ill, I think because I ate too much and I'm not used to so much fat. I really miss my vindaloos and donner meat though.

Also cut down on fast food, again we would have one or two a week. I think I've had one McDonald's, one Subway (salad) and two Burger Kings this year.