What are your top 3 weightloss/fitness tips?

Options

Replies

• PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    1.) EAT
    2.) Lift heavy stuff
    3.) Put heavy stuff down

credit for that goes to BrettPGH and Mrs Ripdizzle11
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Eat moderately
    Challenge yourself physically
    Get planty of sleep
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I think I need to take on new advice to try and shift my last bit of weight.

4 months weighing exactly the same so I definately need to shake it up a little, so what are your top 3 tips you give to anyone that asks for advice?

1. Find an exercise routine that you love to do and push yourself a little bit harder each time you do it;
    2. Accurately count your calories to ensure that you end up in a weekly deficit; and
    3. Eat foods that keep you sated (high protein and fat content), because it makes staying in a deficit very easy.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rachelblair09
    Options
    EAT CLEAN, TRAIN DIRTY ;) lol. just up your protein, put out more than you take in and lay low on 'diet' products they are a waste of money and time. just eat fresh, natural foods high in protein such as nuts, oats, spinach, fish, chicken, avacado.... hope this helps!
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    only one.

1. Burn more than you put in...the END

The rest is all hype, marketing, branding, pseudo science, people trying to sound smart etc etc etc.

Good luck

This!!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    For me exercise is absolute crucial. Also I have to keep my starchy/ sugary foods to an absolute minimum. I'm sure we all have things that work for us. Hope this helps.
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    only one.

1. Burn more than you put in...the END

The rest is all hype, marketing, branding, pseudo science, people trying to sound smart etc etc etc.

Good luck

Ahhhh... my hero!

I'm so confused with all the different information out there. My trainer says 1200 cals/day and I talked to another trainer that says I should be eating way more than that with the amount that I'm training.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    1. EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!
    This is the biggest one i see lacking on this site! If you think 100 calories of cake is the same thing as 100 calories of grapefruit, REDO STEP ONE!

2. Eat more fruits and vegetables
    Make your diet 100% fruits and vegetables for AMAZING results.

3. HAVE FUN. Seriously, pick exercise activities that are so fun that you don't even realize you are exercising. Cycling, nature hiking, any type of ball sports, or whatever you personally love to do.
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    EAT CLEAN, TRAIN DIRTY ;) lol. just up your protein, put out more than you take in and lay low on 'diet' products they are a waste of money and time. just eat fresh, natural foods high in protein such as nuts, oats, spinach, fish, chicken, avacado.... hope this helps!

I would love a shirt that says this!!! LOL
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    - Work out 5-6 days a week religiously
    - Alternate workouts so you are not doing the same thing every day (muscle confusion)
    - Water is your friend
  • MyBodyMyMachine
    Options
    Take a real, hard, honest look at what you're putting in your body. Food is fuel. You really can't out train a bad diet. My cheat meal had turned into a cheat day, and for 6 months (despite busting my *kitten*), nothing changed- not my body, not the scale, not my stamina, not my strength. I went back to clean eating, watching my intake, and being realistic about my cheat meals and BAM, 10 pounds gone, increased endurance in my HIIT runs, and overall engergy increase. Bottom line, if what you're doing isn't working, you need to change what you're doing. It's all about input and output. If the output is there, then take a look at the input.
  • teeya1984
    teeya1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1) Hit the gym as often as you can....it's great for weight loss and after you finish a workout it's a great high - especially if you really push yourself (but not too hard!). I've only lost 10lbs since i started MFP and working out 5 days a week (Aug 1) but i've noticed HUGE changes in my body in that time :)

2) Weigh your food - i recently got a food scale and it has made a huge difference. And fill up on things that are high in protein and fibre because they make you feel full so much longer :)

3) I always have a goal piece of clothing (jeans, bra, bathing suit etc etc) because i find it REALLY helps keep me motivated.

4) (Yeah, i'm throwing in an extra one) Take a multivitamin every day. It has really helped my energy levels :)

Good luck!
  • JahanviP
    Options
    1. Burn more than you eat!!!

2. Burn more than you eat!!!

3. Burn more than you eat!!!

Oh and you have to drink loads and loads of water and you have to be a little patient as well! :)

I used just this one thing and I lost 11 kilos in just 3 and a half months!! :)
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Exercise at least 4 times a week
    Drink lots of water
    Eat less or proportionally
    Great workout playlist
    And if you have one bad day get back on track asap
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1. Eat... good, balanced meals - and lots of it, don't starve! Learn what a portion is (weigh/measure), eat as little unprocessed food as you can manage - whole foods are much better source of fuel for your body than processed! Think of your body as a car - you want your car to run smoothly so you give it the best gas you can, not crappy stuff!

2. Move... exercise is important! strength and cardio are equally important, and switch it up every once in a while so you don't get bored and your body doesn't adapt.

3. Drink... water, water, water! May not seem like a big deal but it's instrumental in healthy weight loss/fitness! I notice a huge difference when I don't drink enough water! If I don't drink enough, I'm more sluggish, have dry skin, don't sleep as well, and I don't lose as much if at all.

*And we all need to lighten up on ourselves. The harder we are on ourselves, the more we tend to revert to old, bad habits of cheating and then chastise ourselves for it later. Weight loss seems to be so serious for some people, and the way we go about it can make all the difference. :)

Good luck, happy trails on your path of fitness success!! :D
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1- Drink water, and only water (with exception to tea and coffee).
    2- Don't "diet", change your eating and exercise habits, but slowly, and plan on keeping them for the rest of your life.
    3- Educate yourself on what you're eating and what exercises you do. Find out what works best for you.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Find exercises/activities that you enjoy because you'll be more likely to stick with them.
    Without a medical reason to do so, don't completely cut foods you enjoy from your diet. If they are high calorie or not-so-heatlhy eat them only occassionally.
    Don't think you have to be perfect. You're not. No one is.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1 Eat less - but make it count
    2 Move more - it is what it is
    3 Smile more - stress counters weight loss.... AND you are looking and feeling better so why not??
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    DRINK THE HECK OUT OF WATER
    Don't sabatoge yourself- (after you workout, please dont eat garbage)
    Set small goals for weight loss- 5 at a time works for me!:blushing: