Leftovers....

Options
2»

Replies

• Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Hellz Yeah!!! Left overs FTW!!! Spaghetti fo sho!!!
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i don't personally like leftovers, but no one else in my house will eat them. so i'm the one who eats them all. i think at least 4 days out of the week i'm eating leftovers
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what kind of leftovers are. Growing up, I had leftovers everyday. I think that's why I never liked it. But now that I'm learning new meals and such, I actually like having leftovers. I don't mind it as much because its a great way to experiment with many different things. That is, you have to be open-minded to combinations of foods. Right??
  • prettier_me
    prettier_me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i grew up eating leftovers so i'm used to it! i can't imagine not eating them. i guess it helps that we cook most things fresh from scratch, though. if it were leftovers of processed foods that might be a different story.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I pretty much love leftovers and also can't stand the thought of wasting money, by throwing away food if it's still good and can be saved for another meal. Spaghetti sauce, chili, soups, stews, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans.....These are all sooo much better the next day! :) if you refuse to eat these as leftovers, you don't know what you're missing! :)
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yum.

I love left overs for breakfast and lunch.

Though lately I haven't had many left overs since I measure exactly what I am going to eat and don't make more then I should so that I don't over eat.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love leftovers, usually carry to work next day for lunch and so much better than buying fastfood and less expensive. (and I think it taste better the next day too, more flavor)
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    my husband loves leftovers and pretty much every lunch he has tends to be made of leftovers. I don't mind them and have them a couple of times a week. However I get bored eating the same thing (bar breakfasts as I can't do thinking at breakfast time) and I'm also better now at cooking the right amount so we have less leftover.

I have a friend who is almost phobic about eating leftovers and used to chuck everything the minute they finished eating the meal. She's getting better though.

I've never counted bulk cooking as leftovers but having thought about it now I can't see what the difference is I suppose. I do like bulk cooking at times.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather have leftover homemade food than fast food/packaged food. Depends on what is being reheated. Lasagna, potato cheese casseroles, spaghetti, salads, etc are very good the next day. I don't really consider it "leftover" food, just having more of it to eat the next day! If it starts out good, it should be good the next day.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Im lazy so I love leftovers. If I dont feel like cooking dinner I can just pop leftovers in the oven or microwave to heat back up, easy as that. And as the OP said a lot of things are even better the next day as far as flavors. Or if I have a particularly busy day and I dont have time to fix up a lunch for tomorrow, I just use some leftovers. Doesnt get better than that
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I love leftovers, but nobody else in the family does, so I freak if it doesn't all get eaten. Hence why I have issues with food! I hate to waste!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    It depends on what it is. I can't stand reheated meat, but I will eat left over pasta or rice.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    My husband isnt big on leftovers. But, I figure if it is a big enough portion to add to lunch or even dinner the next night, I will package it up and in the fridge it goes. My 2yr old usually ends up getting some of it for lunch the next day as well and she usually doesnt have a problem with eating it! :) My husband gets mad because sometimes I wont get to eat it and then we end up throwing it away anyway but, i would rather save it instead of throwing it out and wanting it the next day or 2.

Leftovers make GREAT lunches!!!!
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    I love them. I sometimes giggle a little when I know I get to eat some real homecooked meal for lunch instead of a frozen meal. It really makes me happy.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I'd much rather have leftover homemade food than fast food/packaged food. Depends on what is being reheated. Lasagna, potato cheese casseroles, spaghetti, salads, etc are very good the next day. I don't really consider it "leftover" food, just having more of it to eat the next day! If it starts out good, it should be good the next day.

Now, I will NOT save Fast Food. My step-daughter doesnt always eat all her food if we eat out but, i wont save it...YULK!!!! Then again, we dont eat fast food much anymore! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I purposely make enough dinner to have leftovers for lunch the next day. And if it's something like a stew or soup, for several days.

I bake a big batch of chicken every week and use the leftovers for my husband's lunch sandwiches to avoid the additives in processed lunch meats.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I usually cook a lot on Sunday, so that when I am busy I can have most of my meals for the week prepared. Lotsa leftovers. I love cooking and would prefer to make a new meal for lunch/breakfast everyday, but working full-time, going to school nights and squeezing in workout time makes it close to impossible :ohwell:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

Now, I will NOT save Fast Food. My step-daughter doesnt always eat all her food if we eat out but, i wont save it...YULK!!!! Then again, we dont eat fast food much anymore! :)

I meant that leftover homemade food is better than just bought fast food/just made frozen food. :)