• vv523
    vv523 Posts: 429 Member
    GREAT POST
  • spokie1
    spokie1 Posts: 23 Member
    Bump
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Great tips! I totally agree with changing things up when you hit a plateau. When I was doing Weight Watchers a few years ago, I followed this advice and after months of tracking I noticed that the weeks I had indulged in a restaurant meal and then ate lighter the next day to balance it out, were always the weeks that I had a loss.

The problem is when you let the "big" days become your "normal" days... then you gain it back.

Thanks for this helpful post!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Haven't had time to read much of this post so may have missed the answer to my question which is this .... where did you get your information from? Thanks

I got this information from 2 main sources, one being countless internet sources and research from numerous health and medical websites ( I must have gone through more than 100 sites over course of 5 months); second source is people on here, I read sooooooo many posts, including lots on plateau and have read what has helped others break through their plateau. So I took the two and combined them :)
    All people are different, and works for some doesn't for others, I tried to combine as much as I could find together :)
  • MadeOfMagic
    I read some really great information on this topic on this board:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/46927-plateau-busting-ideas.html

Excellent additional information!
  • MadeOfMagic
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments, I am glad this is still helping people. I am no doctor, but this is everything that I have learned and read from health/medical sites, and what I have learned from people's posts on here. One things you can never go wrong with is mixing it up, always keep your body guessing and you won't even give it a chance to plateau :)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Wtf was with all the hearts and flowers?? Were you trying to seduce your plateau, or.....what? :huh:
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Bump
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    "Teas, coffe, sodas, etc do not count as water sources, they actually dehydrate you. "

Wrong.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Great thread!!
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    bump
  • MadeOfMagic
    Wtf was with all the hearts and flowers?? Were you trying to seduce your plateau, or.....what? :huh:

Not at all, I just made it so it's easier to read through and difrintiate different sections of the post since it's super long. Unfortunately MFP does not let you do HTML encoding, so I couldn't make it bold/italic nor change font size, otherwise I would have used that instead. I have been chewed up for the flowers and hearts over and over again, geez, sorry for trying to make it easier to read! lolz
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    bump
  • Bump
  • MadeOfMagic
    "Teas, coffe, sodas, etc do not count as water sources, they actually dehydrate you. "

Wrong.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661
    Caffeinated drinks are diuretic which means that it causes your body to loose water, because it takes more water for your system to process it through the kidneys. So it hydrates you but also dehydrates you because it takes more water for your kidney to process it. You have to drink a lot of it to dehydrate you, but it still not the best source for water. Also sugar slows down hydration.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/535800-does-drinking-diet-soda-make-you-dehydrated/
  • jodil68
    jodil68 Posts: 36 Member
    Greats, thx!
  • awebster2
    awebster2 Posts: 40 Member
    bump
  • bump for later