Replies

• spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm so excited for you!
  • doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My gyn told me the same thing--weight wasn't the issue as I wasn't that overweight (20-30 lbs), but it must have been too much for my body at the time. I lost about ten pounds and I started ovulating again. I was trying for number 2 at the time and it took me 5 years. I have PCOS.

:flowerforyou: Good luck!!!
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Praise Him! After 2 years of secondary infertility I gave birth to triplets. God provided a miracle! I never was on bed rest, no premature labor, nothing went wrong. I gave birth to them at 35 weeks and they were all 6 lbs! I give Him glory.

After they were born I had to lose 100 lbs! But that is another miracle story.....

So happy for you.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    What a blessing!! Thank you for sharing. Just remember, tho, it'll still be in His time. :heart:
  • brandichula
    Options
    Praise God for his healing hand and strength for me to continue working out! God plus weight loss = ovulation! I don't know the last time I ovulated, but it's been a long time. Cycles of clomid and disappointment and broken hearts.. trying to conceive for 2+ years.. IT'S ALL OVER! I'm HEALTHY and NORMAL! Praise the LORD! Now.. ONTO THE BABYMAKING!! :bigsmile:

that is such great news!!! clomid did not work for me either. been trying to concieve for10 yrs :( I have thought about my weight because Ive always fought being overweight. So thought i would try to lose. Lost5 so far. but really dont want to do the injections. And the fertility clinic is so expensive! So this is amazing news to me and encouagement!!!! thanks for sharing!!!
  • rannawelch
    rannawelch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! If you don't mind my asking, how did you know there was a problem? I am thinking I may have an issue, it may or may not be related to weight, planning to see a dr. soon. Best to you :~)

my cycles were incredibly irregular so when we decided to start trying I knew I needed to figure my cycles out. She did a bunch of bloodwork and testing to find the source

THANKS for all the encouragement, ya'll!!
  • TreEe5
    TreEe5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Praise God! This is amazing news. Congratulations and good luck on your journey! Keep up the great work :)
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Sooo happy for you! I pray that God blesses you soon with a little one. They are precious miracles!
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This made my cry!

I'm very happy for you. I wish you blessed with an easy, sweet, healthy, hilarious baby!

My daughter makes me laugh almost everyday for 13 years.

God Speed!

Me too! It's the best post I have seen in here in days. Good luck, and I hope you are blessed with a wonderful gorgeous child as wonderful as mine. She is my world. :smile:
  • alesi_79
    alesi_79 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you Jesus! He is a miracle worker! Congratulations! Let us know when baby is on its way.
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    congrats ;-)
    theres no greater gift.
    go make them babies
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    aww that's brilliant!
    good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Awwww YAY!!! Congrats and get to baby making! : )
  • starrrjo
    starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well done it all pays off. I am currently using Chlomid too - I am just starting my 3rd course. My friend however has just found out she is pregnant using clomid so all is hopeful. I too was not ovulating and went 3 years without a period...then now...low and behold...mother nature visits regularly. Truely, well done :) xx
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, how wonderful! Congratulations :)
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl!!! I wish you the best of luck conceiving! Godspeed to you and your husband!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm glad you are able to have a child. Congrats. :)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Amy - I was told my weight WASN'T an issue, it'd just be better to be lighter so my pregnancy would be more comfortable. If she would have just said HEY! YOU WON'T GET PREGNANT CUZ YOU'RE FAT! I would have lost it years ago! Haha!

That is crazy! All gyn people know that sex hormones are fat soluble. They need fat to transport from the brain to the ovaries, etc. Too much and too little will diminish fertility. This is why runners and people who suffer from anorexia also have amenorrhea. It is the same deal.

I had lost so much weight nursing my first that I had to focus on gaining weight to get pregnant with number 2. I quickly realized that my magic weight was 112 to conceive. Too high or too low from that and I had problems.

So happy that you figured it out and that now you can go on to have a healthy baby!

Congrats!

D
  • Tam143
    Tam143 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Awesome...
  • fattygonnafat
    Options
    I became pregnant after losing 20 lbs.(after 5 yrs of ttc) I have always wondered if it was the weight loss that helped.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!