Cravings after eating...

Options
2»

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I crave protein. If I've not had enough, I am not satisfied after a meal.
    Greek Yogurt (plain, sweetened with stevia) cuts this for me.
    Also a fizzy lo-cal drink like Cas Cal or Zevia or GT Dave's Synergy. Put it over ice, and enjoy!
    Also, sometimes it seems it's just TIME for a big bowl of steamed broccoli.
    We're all different!
  • Caz104
    Caz104 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat anything sweet after a meal when I was younger. Then I dated a guy for a while that ALWAYS had to have something sweet after a meal - ice cream, usually. It became a habit for me...one that I STILL struggle with and it's been since 1997!!!!

Thefore, for me, it's really a habit. I just grabbed 2 packs of gum to try to combat this phenomenon.

By the way - anyone out there have a hard time working out while chewing gum? I can't breate right and get so much more tired! LOL

Oddly enough I ALWAYS chew gum when I work out!! :)
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i crave salty crunchy or fatty stuff, not sweets so much.

When i eat, my stomach turns ON!!
    "More, more, more!" my stomach yells out.

so usually, not always but usually,
    i only eat in the evenings anyway. Never hungry in daytimes, and if i DO eat in daytime, i end up having urge to eat more more more.

plus, eating makes me sleepy. so i eat in evenings.
    always have,
    even back when i was a runner.

but, if anyone wants to argue, that is not the way to do it, fine. whatever.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    It happens more for me after having a very carb/sodium rich lunch. I ALWAYS "need" to have a Coke with Pizza, or want something sweet after having a huge Moe's burrito.

I still give in some days, but I'm working to retrain my brain. I try to keep greek yogurt stocked in the fridge at work so that when the old 3PM brownie and soda craving hits, I can sub with that.

Today I was craving PB M&Ms so bad, so I went to Target to get a small pack, then decided to make my own trail mix with PB M&Ms, dark chocolate raisinets, and plain roasted almonds and cashews. Hopefully that will at least rpovide some nutrients and substance along with satisfying my craving. It's a positive step over eating handfuls of M&Ms all day, right?
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's worth considering if it's causef by *what* you are eating (or not eating). Does it happen *every* time or just after certain meals?

It generally happens only after lunch and dinner...not breakfast.
  • LarsyRagnhild
    LarsyRagnhild Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My guess is you have an addiction to sugar. It's common.

If you're still craving after 30 minutes I suggest 2 pieces of 85% dark chocolate. It works for me.