What pushes you?

Options

Replies

• tyrannosarousREX
    Options
    Every workout and every clean eating day keeps me one day farther from the 175lb unhappy girl I used to be. .I want to be bikini ready all year round so I don't have to work my *kitten* off for 3 months straight at the end of winter just to feel good about wearing a bikini. Also, my man. He strength trains everyday and it motivates me to be able to keep up with him and sometimes kick his butt in a work out. I guess it would also be great to have a great body even during pregnancy. I want to be able to workout throughout my pregnancy. When that happens. which won't be for a while!
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    The thought of feeling amazing about myself no matter what I'm wearing, and no matter who is looking ... it's been a long long time since I felt like that!!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say smaller clothes (size 8 cords in my closet that I WILL FIT INTO by the end of the year!!!!), firm up my lower half so it doesn't jiggle as I run...hate that, and lose/tone enough so that my inner thighs NO LONGER TOUCH. But all of this is useless when PMS hits...so I have to learn to overcome those cravings!!!
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just want to be healthy the weight loss is just an added bonus that comes with it.
  • danthomson56
    Options
    Actually I push myself. I've always been able to do this in lots of things but my love for food always kept me from wanting to go thru the process and then maintain. I generally have tremendous willpower when I start something and see it thru to the finish. But it took me a lot of years to put my health first. I wish I had this willpower when I was much younger.

You motivate me, if you can do it, so can I. Thanks. :smile:

259652.png
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    2 things:
    1) I want to be a personal trainer.
    2) I want a tattoo on my rib cage and I want to be able to SHOW it off
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    what motivates me is to stay healthy, before starting MFP I had episodes of falling down for no reason, falling asleep in mid-sentence, was in bed at least 2-3xs a week I felt like I was no longer living but just existing. I was in constant pain and on ALOT of pain killers. Now I feel like I have my life back, I have not fallen sleep in mid=sentence or fell down since starting MFP about 2 yrs ago, this motivates me because I dont want to go back.....oh yeah and cute clothes...LOL
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    1. Rock a bikini at 40.
    2. Increased strength.

Number 1 has been accomplished. Number 2 is a perpetual work-in-progress. :bigsmile:
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    So, for my weight loss journey, I wanted to see what everyone's motivation is/was.

I want to have lots of casual sex with attractive women.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    To feel sexy when my boyfriend calls me sexy. So I can look smokin', naked. Clothes, just to be able to shop more places (not all shops carry size 14s, and they're next to impossible to find in long inseams (34")). So I can get back into horse back riding without feeling like I'm squishing the horse. So I can run a full 5k without stopping, not once. So I can feel awesome next summer when we go swimming in Wasaga.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Life is just easier without all those extra pounds.
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    not getting my die on!.... that and being able to be a better dad for my son, and also to never have to buy clothes from the big and tall store again!!!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't care what my scale says as long as I am healthy, but I do want to still be on my feet bouncing and ready for more when the guys around me are collapsed in a sweaty heap. :tongue: I train like Sensei is watching!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    To feel great in clothes, to not have the stomach either coming over the front or poking out the sides, I am not on a diet- I tell people this is the way I eat... they should try it! Eating clean, and oh my excercise! LOVE IT! 7 days a week.
    I love the way my thinking has changed... simple stuff I suppose, but the man reason.................all for me! no one else. I want to fit and fabulous! I want to be the lean girl!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    What IS motivating me are clothes. Really cute, small, clothes. Am I going crazy?! I want to loose weight for clothes?!

I think clothes motivate me a little too. I see all these cute clothes in what I call "model sizes". The bigger the clothes get the older they get. Pretty soon all I find is ugly sweaters with Christmas Trees on them. Not exactly what I want to wear at 34. Another odd motivator for me is my rings. I have a beautiful Mother's ring and a beautiful Valentine's day ring that I got from my honey. I can't fit into either of them. I have worn rings since I was 15 and all of a sudden my fingers look like fat little sausages and the rings won't fit. :frown:
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    To look strong on the outside which reflects how strong I am on in the inside.

Cute clothes! Those really short dresses you see at the clubs, I just want to wear it once even if I feel naked lol.

Accomplishing my goals! :)
  • Nikki31104
    Options

And, I really want to be that crazy old lady who goes to the gym and works out, putting all the young ones to shame. :wink:

:smile: :smile: :smile:
  • sarahwilloughby07
    Options
    1) To become an actress
    2) To be a good role model to my cousin's 5-year-old daughter
    3) To one day when I want to get pregnant my weight won't be an issue
  • Nikki31104
    Options
    being voted ugliest girl in my senior high school class. they put the poster right there on my locker. I remember pretending to laugh and then running to the bathroom and crying in a stall for HOURS! I vowed that i would one day be pretty.

What is wrong with people???????
    :angry:
  • Nikki31104
    Options
    what motivates me is to stay healthy, before starting MFP I had episodes of falling down for no reason, falling asleep in mid-sentence, was in bed at least 2-3xs a week I felt like I was no longer living but just existing. I was in constant pain and on ALOT of pain killers. Now I feel like I have my life back, I have not fallen sleep in mid=sentence or fell down since starting MFP about 2 yrs ago, this motivates me because I dont want to go back.....oh yeah and cute clothes...LOL

CONGRATUATIONS on your 105 pound weight loss. That is AMAZING!!!!