What was your "fat" breaking point?

Options

Replies

• Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It hit me when my doctor told me i would most likely never have children if i didn't lose the weight.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I was alway medium build and then I noticed one day I was the fattest member of most of my family and friends, I was buldging out from my clothes and then being bigger than my boyfriend was awful!
  • lidiflyful
    Options
    Marbella 2012. Simple.

I looked enormous in the pictures and the whole 3 days we were there I felt so uncomfortable. The people who go there are PERFECT. Seriously. Both the men and the women are gorgeous, toned and impeccibly dressed. I had put on 28 pounds of 'Love Weight' from meeting Adam and I felt fat and scruffy and I was rather embarrassed.

I had never been to place like it before so even the clothes I packed wern't appropriate (bar one pair of hareem trousars which saved my holiday!)

I am not striving for perfection, in fact by the end of the 3 days I was sick of the sight of muscles! but it just made me realise how much I missed my old toned, tough and ready for action body! (see ticker below)

The girls are making Marbella an annual thing and dispite being the 'Uncomfortable Fat Girl' for 3 days I managed to still have an awesome time and can't wait to go back next year!

So I have vouched....before God, Mary, Moses and Joseph I WILL be slim again and have the best time ever!
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    By that I mean when did it finally hit you that no matter what you need to start dieting to make a life style change and to stick with it?

When I had my heart attack and that nagging voice in my head screaming "you're gonna die fatso", decided right there in the ER that once I got out that was it, eat better, get my cholesterol under control, lose the weight, give up smoking and start exercising ..so far so good, even got an atta boy from my Cardiologists on my progess
  • PierdoPeso
    Options
    When my mom died last year because of weight-related health issues. I determined right then and there that I wasn't going out like that.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Well I was fat on purpose as I saw it as a way of killing myself without having to do the whole suicide thing but was working on my knees one day and had crippling pains from it and realised that yes I may kill myself by being fat but I will probably suffer even more on the way.

Was at that point i decided I didn't want to be fat any more and with that concious decision my body responded and I have been losing steadily ever since.
  • jzsor12
    jzsor12 Posts: 69
    Options
    I didn't actually realize how overweight I was. Somebody said I looked like I lost some and it started from there.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I just got tired of being a size 16 at 5'2" and my dad told me I was chunky.....I am happy he told me :)
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I went to Vegas for my 40th birthday, and wanted to do the zipline on Fremont St. They have a max weight (250lbs) and I was well over that. I knew I had gained a lot of weight, but hadn't weighed myself for almost 2 years. That weekend was a total wake up call.

More details here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/702946-chronic-pain-read-this-6-months-74-lbs-with-pics?hl=chronic+pain
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    My breaking point was the fear that if something happened to me... my son would go to my ex. I will do everything in my power to protect my children.
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    I am a very social person. My breaking point was after I'd had my twins (18 months after my first) I was still huge. I was sitting on the couch one day when they were six months old and I was STILL 220. I also noticed that I had started avoiding friends and people that I hadn't seen in awhile. I was hiding because I didn't want them to see what I had become. I decided that day that I wasn't going out like that. I will be 40 end of next year and I will be fabulous! I've lost about 30kgs and haven't looked back since that fateful day!
  • edenflorence
    Options
    When I realized that my weight was holding me back , not just in my social life and sport but it was holding me back from being the confident happy 'me' that I aim to be.
  • Retrograde_Orbit
    Retrograde_Orbit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had an upcoming operation and the hospital did what is called a pre-op check about one month before the operation was scheduled to take place. I knew I was overweight and out of shape, smoking and having a regular tipple. Eating too much and badly as well.

But when they weighed me and I came in at 1 pound short of 13 Stones, I was pretty shocked. My blood pressure was too high, as well as my heart rate being faster than it should be. My BMI worked out at 29.95, 30 is medically obese. Yep, that shocked me all right

It took me a few days, maybe a week, to come to a decision. I quit smoking and drinking, completely overhauled my diet and went back to the gym. By the time of my operation, I'd lost well over a stone. And I have continued on my new lifestyle plan.

As of now, I have lost 2 and a half stones and am only half a stone off of my target.

The next goal is get back into shape enough to run another marathon!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My breaking point was when my clothes just kept getting tighter and tighter. Also my son was playing sport and I was involved with the team so had to be in the end of year photo and the photo went into the club book at the end of the year. I was so ashamed when I saw the photo :( It has affected my social life, for years I've been staying home cause I didn't want anyone to see me. I didn't go to parties or family events cause I didn't want to end up in photos and tagged on facebook.
    I finally said to myself stuff this, enough is enough it's time to get fit and fabulous and show everyone I'm not a big fat lazy slob who stays at home and doesn't do anything.
  • harryd179
    Options
    finishing school for summer, and wanting to surprise people with losing weight when i saw them 7 weeks later...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    It wasn't about fat or weight loss for me. I was ok with how I looked, because I didn't think it would change. But I wanted to be able to run in the Warrior Dash, and I couldn't run a quarter of a mile.
  • mskatee
    mskatee Posts: 33
    Options
    I lost about 40 pounds two years ago, by counting calories and exercising. When I stopped I was still 20 pounds from my goal weight, but I had slimmed down enough that I could wear normal clothes etc and felt more or less comfortable. So I plateaud big time (though I haven't put any back on, which I'm proud of). Plus I had become a runner so I knew my fitness was good even if I wasn't at my goal weight.

Then I moved to the Big City and found myself SURROUNDED by slender, toned people. When it's hot, I walk around my neighborhood and every woman I see is wearing something skimpy and has great legs and abs. I mean, GREAT. No cellulite, nice muscles, able to rock short shorts and half shirts. And realized I'm not happy with just feeling OK in my clothes, I want to have a body I'm actually proud to show off.

So, onward and upward! Or rather downward!
  • newcomer9
    newcomer9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When i get up in the morning to put on clothes. i was embarresed and tried to hide my fat with baggy clothes and boyfriend shirts. I got so consummed with that i hardly noticed myself. One day i was getting dressed and i caught a glimpse of myself changing. I saw myself in a new light it seemed like. Trying to put on a pair of jeans jumping up and down. Working a sweat and just thought wat would my boyfriend think? I mean he's not the only reason i decided but he was a big part. Who wants a fat girlfriend? i was sad and depressed for a couple weeks then decided to get in shape.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    After I had my daughter, I topped out at 272. She was born in December and at thanksgiving that year a family member took a pic of me and i looked terrible. The other thing was when my grandfather passed, the last conversation we had while he was coherent and in the hospital was about my weight. My grandparents went to the death bed worrying about me and my weight and they were always the positive influences for me.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    When I realized my entire closet was full of black clothes. Like I was going to a funeral everyday... a funeral for my body.

And I looked like a black cow in all the black clothes.

this. and the fact that two of my friends who were both bigger than me lost tons of weight, so now i am the fat ugly friend. they always want to go out to clubs but i refuse because i don't want to be the huge one no one dances with.