Does anyone else weight in every day?

Replies

• chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    I always say I am not going to weigh in daily and end up doing it anyway. Sometimes it is discouraging and other times it drives me to stay within my guidelines.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    I do. I know its kind of stupid. I only track my losses and don't track when I go back up again. I am losing so slowly and fluctate so much that if I waited and only weighed in once a week I might miss seeing the smaller number :frown:
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    If you don't stress about it, it is fine....It's like the whole "You say 'toe-may-toe', I say 'toe-mah-toe" debate......personal preference.

I weigh myself almost daily, and it's never bothered me.

Kaye
  • I weigh every morning but only log ones a week... works for me:blushing:
  • celcen
    celcen Posts: 7 Member
    Once a week and never on a Monday!
  • justgin
    justgin Posts: 23
    I weigh in every time I pass the scales - it motivates me to exercise. It also reminds me to not go for the cookies and grab the grapes instead.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    I weigh in every day and track it with a free app on my smart phone called Libra weight tracker. It's really neat because it gives you the overall trend and also calculates when you will reach your goal based on your current trend. It also gives you the average loss for the week, 2 weeks, month, 3 months, 6 months and year. I love seeing those numbers, and if I have days when the scale doesn't seem to be going the right way or it seems to be moving slow, I can still look and see that my overall average loss per week for the last 6 months is 1.5 lbs and that makes me feel good.

There's been some anecdotal evidence that successful maintainers weigh in daily. The key to having daily weigh ins is to accept that the scale is never static and can be influence by so many things. Personally, I think weighing in daily helps me see that okay, I gained 2 lbs overnight, it's obviously not fat. Daily weigh ins won't work if you base your worth on the scale or if you let it dictate your day. If you berate yourself every time you see a little gain or reward yourself every time you see a little loss, then daily weighing is probably not a good idea.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    I weigh in everyday too and it works for me. I know if I ate heavy the day before or ate a lot of salt that is the reason for the gain and don't let it bother me. If it goes up day after day then it makes me realize I need to do better. When I start avoiding the scale then I know I have fallen off track and am not weighing because I know the # is going to be bad.

Exactly! I weigh in daily to make sure I stay on track.
  • Terrible idea. Stop now. You will drive yourself insane.

^^^^ This!! ^^^^

I used to and am glad I'm only a once-a-week kind of Girl now...

: ))
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 532 Member
    People who weigh everyday maintain their weight better than those that dont. I am a daily weigher too, but having said that... you have to take in consideration the fluctuations that will occur. Every day will go up and down and you should "measure" by the week, but its good to keep checking every day to know your own bodies fluctuations as well.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Weekly only, it flucuates too much to do daily..(for me)
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Like everyone else I weight once a day with circumspect. If I am emotional, then probably not. It all depends. I like weighing everyday because it gives me a good sense of how my body reacts to things. For example, last Friday (my technical weigh-in day) I weighed myself...up 5lbs! WTF! But then I took a look at my diary, realized it was probably due to the heavier than normal sodium intake. I hydrated like CRAZY the next two days...stepped on the scale Sunday, that 5 plus 4 more gone!

So if it doesn't bother you and you are doing it to track trends and stay healthy... Keep on keeping on and do what works for you! If you start to notice it affecting you negatively, take a break ;-)
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    I can see how different styles would work for different people. For me, NOT weighing regularly was part of how I ignored my fat and crept up to 296 lbs without thinking much about it. So the daily accountability helps me. I see my number and celebrate how much I've accomplished and I take the daily fluctuations in stride. Definitely do what works for your mental health!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Me, but I only log it if I've gone down in weight. It's hard since I can't poop in the mornings. =/
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    I only log on Fridays, but I do step on every morning. Seeing it go up doesn't stress me out or bother me, so I see no harm in "checking in" every morning. I'm currently working on a project of tracking it every day on another app just to show one of my friends the wild fluctuations.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Me, but I only log it if I've gone down in weight. It's hard since I can't poop in the mornings. =/

That was probably TMI... Sorry! :flowerforyou:
  • I hop on the scale most days, only because I find it interesting to watch it fluctuate on a day-to-day basis, but I only "officially" weigh-in once a week
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    I do...I prefer it over weekly weigh-ins
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    I weigh myself almost everyday but only record it on Fridays. It helps me stay on track. I know about the different things that make weight fluctuate so I don't let it make me crazy. It works for me. I think this is definitely one of those things that's a personal choice. If you start obsessing over it and it hinders you, stop doing it.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    I weigh every day but only record once a week. As of this morning, I'm down 2 more lbs from my last weigh in. It is tempting to log those but I've made Sunday my official day.