Does anyone else weight in every day?

Options

Replies

• garayjoh
    garayjoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Once a week, I learned my lesson, a watched kettle never boils. (Did I get the expression right)?
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Yes. I wish I didn't. It's become compulsive. So now I try not to weigh myself on weekends. I know it's gotten out of hand because I can feel good about myself but then if the number isn't the one I want, I get upset and think I look awful.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have always weighed myself a lot but when I am happy with my weight (like now) it gives me a buzz seeing numbers I like and it inspires me to continue not snacking and to eat well still. If I am heavier than I like I weigh myself 2 or 3 times a week and work hard to make the numbers drop next time
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I pass the scale. Sometimes 5 times a day.

Never stresses me out. I know my patterns. But it took a couple months to totally figure it out. I love numbers and track my morning weight vs calories in and out...this keeps me on track.

It's all about what you can and can't deal with. This works for me. May annoy someone else. Lol
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Every day, several times a day.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I do it ever since I read in various locations that people who do have more success.

14877786.png
  • Karenmm1960
    Karenmm1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do, cause it helps to keep me on track. I only log in once a week, even if it is up. I am trying to be honest with myself and this is one way I can do that.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    When we're home I weigh at least once a day. The only one that counts is first thing in the morning, after a pee. I like to compare weights during the day & see how it changes. "I'm wearing *these* clothes that probably weigh 3lbs, and I've had lunch and y drinks, so that will be another 2 lbs so it will = xlbs" and see if I'm right. I often weigh last thing at night and find that I lose between 3-5lbs overnight.
    But when we're away from home (like now) I have to break from weighing - sometimes for weeks at a time. And the morning after we get home I start up again..... hoping for a nice surprise.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday. That way I know if I had a bad day and I can fix it immediately. Also you get to know how different foods your eating effect you. A small gain I can deal with quickly. But if I waited a week and had a big gain I would likely quit like I did so many times before. For me daily is the only way to go.

This.

It's a personal preference. I like the daily feedback.

Also, I'm one of those cheesy people with a calendar in the b-room.
    I weigh myself every morning before I've had anything to eat and write down my weight on the calendar for that day.

I like having that visual to keep me on track and I think it's interesting to analyze patterns over a month's time.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh every 2-3 days just to make sure I'm on track. If I see my numbers start to go up, then I know I need to change what I'm doing.
  • Vinyarddog
    Options
    I weigh and log every day , realizing that the larger periods of time are the only ones that are important (I could be up or down tomorrow , but what I have next month is what counts) I know what my goal is for the end of every month , the daily stuff is just fun for me (logging in here and recording food , weight , exercise)
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Every single day. It's awesome to see the graph it creates when you know you've done everything right. I also have a fitbit and use the two pieces of info together.

But then again I am a numbers person and very analytical by nature. If you are, too, then is fun; if not you might rice yourself crazy. Just remember that what you do today, doesn't necessarily translate to the scale tomorrow. Also for females, I use the app called pink pad to track TOM. found that the water gain took place around fertile time rather than TOM. makes sense to me now.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I know its a bad habit to get into but I cant help it:frown: I am going to try and stop doing that and just weigh myself once a week. its going to be hard but I am driving myself crazy weighing myself every day.

Same here. I do it, but I wish I didn't--too many variables (water weight, stress, weight training, etc.) effect the number and my self esteem. I'm trying to base it more on how I look, feel, and how my clothes fit.
  • styxx
    styxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know one days fluctuation isn't terribly important but I weigh every day - personally I find either way it motivates me - if its down I feel good, if its up I realise that's probably a temporary blip...but it helps me focus a little bit harder!

Not sure its something to recommend as I can see it could drive some people crazy - but it works for me ;)

Normally I only log here once a week though I do have an app on my phone I log daily on just for interest and to see the "patterns"
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yes but I don't let it bother me... I am aiming for big fat loss - not weight# loss.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Generally not a good idea - especially when just starting down your road to transformation. Instead of weighing in pay attention to how your clothes fit. This will tell you something MUCH more important ... that you are losing inches of fat.

Plus, by weighing yourself no more than once a month you will see bigger changes. And if you don't you will still no you are making progress by how your clothes are fitting looser.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Helllll no.. I'd throw that thing at the wall if I did :bigsmile:
  • imanole
    imanole Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Generally not a good idea - especially when just starting down your road to transformation. Instead of weighing in pay attention to how your clothes fit. This will tell you something MUCH more important ... that you are losing inches of fat.

Plus, by weighing yourself no more than once a month you will see bigger changes. And if you don't you will still no you are making progress by how your clothes are fitting looser.

Agreed. Wrote a whole thread on this topic. It is more about how you look and your body fat vs lean muscle than it is about weight. Weighing yourself is fine, but take it in stride. If you are lifting weights or doing strength training, you may get frustrated that you are not loosing weight or are stuck at a weight - yet, you may have lost an inch or two on your waste.

Focus more on body composition than weight IMO.
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes, it provides motivation!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing--it's a habit but for me, it keeps me "on track". It may not be "good" but it works for me; that way I know exactly where I'm at :)