Halp! Dealing with saboteurs at work :(

Options

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Today there are two mini parties for a guy whose wife is having a baby and a girl who is going on maternity leave. There are unclean baked goods everywhere! Clearly they are trying to derail my clean eating lifestyle because they are jelly. Why couldn't they bring in organic apple slices or some wheat grass shots instead of OJ and muffins and doughnuts?

How do you deal with sabotage such as this?

Whatever you do, just make sure that you don't show them your abs... They are tastier looking than the cake, and they might eat you instead!!!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    OMG. I could write a book on this topic. I work in an area where there are two chatty (overweight, but ALWAYS "dieting") women in a cubicle, then two older men that eat anything under the sun and don't think twice. These people are also the social butterflies of the entire organization, so they invite others over for pot lucks every single Thursday. There are usually 10-15 dishes of nasty salads, cakes, pies, cookies, brauts, nachos, etc. I don't like this stuff, but it cooks all day long, and people come and go and are eating it all day long. THEN...every Wednesday is "Chinese Day" where they all order out from the Chinese joint and eat together. THEN...they celebrate SOMETHING at least once a week, where they bring in cake, ice cream, pie, or whatever and "celebrate." Finally, one of the older guys has a wife that loves to bake, so he brings in things constantly. All this is fine and dandy, BUT they will intentionally set plates full of brownies, cookies, whatever...on my desk while I'm out doing things, so I come back to the temptation at my desk. They did this for months while I was dieting down for my first physique show. When I couldn't take it anymore, and hit an all time low for carb depletion and sleep deprivation and exhaustion, I snapped. I came into my office to see a plate full of brownies and a note that said, "EAT ME FATTY!" I shoved two whole brownies in my mouth, chewed it up half way, while picking up the plate of remaining brownies...I went out to the ***** that did it and threw the plate of brownies at her. I then went around the corner to the next cubicle and spit the brownies out on the other *****'s desk and said....I can't possibly swallow these. I'm too fat. I turned around and walked out. I went to my car, went home early, and balwed my eyes out. Dirty *kitten* never did it again. :-)

Prozac?? I love Prozac!! My best friend!! It tones down the crazy....just sayin'
  • Cokamo
    Cokamo Posts: 51
    Options
    Don't rely on others to provide for your dietary needs. If you want something healthy at things like that, bring them and eat them. I'm quite sure that sabotaging your diet was not their intention. It's more likely that they planned to celebrate the events with foods they like. Plan and prepare for yourself if you have special wants or needs.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    simple. kill your coworkers!!!! :smokin:
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Log a formal complaint with your HR department.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it I know you planned it
    I'm gonna set it straight, this watergate
    I can't stand rocking when I'm in here
    Because your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
    So while you sit back and wonder why
    I got this ****ing thorn in my side
    Oh my, it's a mirage
    I'm tellin' y'all it's sabotage
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I see only two options:

1. Sit in the corner and drink water.
    2. Eat three of everything.

Yup.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I love the mental picture of Sliced apple on a silver tray of wheat grass, surrounded by all the donuts and sugar water.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Now I want a jelly doughnut. Unfortunately, there isn't a good doughnut place near me.
  • happythermia
    Options
    I see only two options:

1. Sit in the corner and drink water.
    2. Eat three of everything.

this
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    OMG. I could write a book on this topic. I work in an area where there are two chatty (overweight, but ALWAYS "dieting") women in a cubicle, then two older men that eat anything under the sun and don't think twice. These people are also the social butterflies of the entire organization, so they invite others over for pot lucks every single Thursday. There are usually 10-15 dishes of nasty salads, cakes, pies, cookies, brauts, nachos, etc. I don't like this stuff, but it cooks all day long, and people come and go and are eating it all day long. THEN...every Wednesday is "Chinese Day" where they all order out from the Chinese joint and eat together. THEN...they celebrate SOMETHING at least once a week, where they bring in cake, ice cream, pie, or whatever and "celebrate." Finally, one of the older guys has a wife that loves to bake, so he brings in things constantly. All this is fine and dandy, BUT they will intentionally set plates full of brownies, cookies, whatever...on my desk while I'm out doing things, so I come back to the temptation at my desk. They did this for months while I was dieting down for my first physique show. When I couldn't take it anymore, and hit an all time low for carb depletion and sleep deprivation and exhaustion, I snapped. I came into my office to see a plate full of brownies and a note that said, "EAT ME FATTY!" I shoved two whole brownies in my mouth, chewed it up half way, while picking up the plate of remaining brownies...I went out to the ***** that did it and threw the plate of brownies at her. I then went around the corner to the next cubicle and spit the brownies out on the other *****'s desk and said....I can't possibly swallow these. I'm too fat. I turned around and walked out. I went to my car, went home early, and balwed my eyes out. Dirty *kitten* never did it again. :-)

Wow, your reaction and attitude are really reprehensibile. Simply saying, I understand your generosity, but I really have some serious goals and really would appreciate it if you would stop leaving these plates on my desk, does tend to go a long way.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    NT
  • mfittracker
    Options
    Spike the oj with vodka and watch the hilarity ensue?

I want to work with you!
  • gmair
    gmair Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great Idea
  • dobielover1
    Options
    Today there are two mini parties for a guy whose wife is having a baby and a girl who is going on maternity leave. There are unclean baked goods everywhere! Clearly they are trying to derail my clean eating lifestyle because they are jelly. Why couldn't they bring in organic apple slices or some wheat grass shots instead of OJ and muffins and doughnuts?

How do you deal with sabotage such as this?
    bwahahahahah. I eat the treats and call it a day. They don't count if celebratory in nature. The body will forgive you.

That is a scientific fact....the calories don't count if they are for a baby shower! Although...I still have over 100 pounds to lose, so you need to ask yourself if you trust my science,
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Get a new job. Clearly these people are only out to ruin your physique.

Don't forget to post a thread about it on MFP... oh wait.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Now I want a vodka infused jelly doughnut. Unfortunately, I'm out of syringes.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You showed them.

Just curious - if you shoved two whole brownies in your mouth, and chewed it up half way, does that mean you chewed up one whole brownie and the other one was un-chewed? Or that you had two chewed up half brownies in your mouth? I'm working on some story problems for the kids and want to get the details right.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry you have such generous, genial, and friendly co-workers. Are they forcing their treats down your throat?

Geez. Just have some self control and don't eat the treats.

Yes, writing your coworker a note that says "eat me fatty" is the epitome of friendly. I would have went ape *kitten* too.

Sorry I was not clear on what my thoughts really were. Sometimes we, as people trying not to eat the junk, develop an attitude. DON'T YOU DARE BRING COOKIES TO THE OFFICE! DON'T YOU KNOW I'M DIETING. That kind of thing, all huffy and confrontational.

The sad truth of the matter is that my diet or way of life may not be shared with those around me, and I have no right to impose it on them. Let them eat their brownies and cake, and don't complain about it. I'm thinking this was a group of people who may have gotten enough of that kind of attitude, and had enough of it. I'm not condoning the note; I think adults should act like adults.

But seriously, just don't eat it.

Let them eat cake.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    today there were 3 dozen doughnuts in my office. i just ignored them and ate the stuff i packed for myself. i just told myself they can be fat arses if they want, i want better than that......... i guess i have an iron will most of the time (no, not always, i'm only human after all) but i just really ignore all the bad choices going on around me.