113 lbs. lost and my brain is starting to catch on

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
The brain definitely takes longer in the weight loss process, at least that's the case with me. Lately, I'm not looking at the last 10 pounds that are fighting me and are so difficult to come off. Instead I started to look back. Back at the hurdles I've cleared. I lost a staggering 113 pounds in one year, all natural with no surgery and no gimmicks. I managed this being a type 1 diabetic, on insulin, thyroid issues, busy mom of 4 children with my youngest having special needs, coming out of a recent loss of my mom....I found my inner strength, I put the oxygen mask on myself first so I could help those around me. Today my brain has made some leaps in the right direction. I'm finally seeing how far I've come, the strides I made, I've stepped out of the premature grave I was digging for myself. This truly isn't a sprint to the finish line, it's a long journey I'm so thankful I've taken.

Never give up. Keep on kicking!

scan0014.jpg
fatfatfat.jpg
189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg
CindyLouisProm2012.jpg
009.jpg
Cindywinterformal.jpg
006.jpg

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Awesome storey! I can't wait til I can share on similar :)
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are an inspiration. Good for you.....
  • rudy7020
    rudy7020 Posts: 62
    Options
    You look amazing and that smile on your face says it all! Congratulations for doing the right thing for yourself and your family.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration. You are right, it's a long journey, perhaps the longest any of us have traveled, and you have come so far! Congrats!
  • losin_it049
    Options
    Wow you look awesome...congrats on a job well done. You are a true inspiration to so many of us who are travelling the same journey. After reading your story and seeing your pictures I am determined more then ever to reach my goal and to finally become a happier, healthier me!!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!

The photo of the two of you in a single pair of pants is a landmark.

Congratulations!
  • Raebug123
    Raebug123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for sharing! These pics let the rest of us know that it can be done! You look amazing, and I love the pic of you and the little girl standing in your old pants! Congrats!!!!!!
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    wow! your amazing, what a great journey you have been on. you look stunning ! and DON'T ever forget YOU made it happen! :)
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! I'm glad your brain is catching up because that is so fantastic!
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good for you! So inspiring!
  • kpye2011
    kpye2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely AMAZING!!!
  • TLPat
    TLPat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, healthy and wise! Beautiful too!
  • clairedance
    Options
    OMG LOOK AT YOU!! Absolutely stunning. You ROCKED IT! Wow wow wow wow and wow. So inspiring.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    :happy: AMAZING JOB!!! Thanks for the motivation! I love the last pic you posted!
  • hopeful_heather
    Options
    thats amazing. good for you :)
  • LNZimmer
    LNZimmer Posts: 94
    Options
    You look amazing. An absolute inspiration to me! :)
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    this really made me tear up. that is amazing and you look so great! awesome job!!!!! and i'm sorry about your mom :/.
  • Dcvanasse
    Dcvanasse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! You are an inspiration and I hope to be the same at this time next year. You look amazing!!!
  • JohnK580
    JohnK580 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Made my day! Awesome accomplishments!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!