113 lbs. lost and my brain is starting to catch on

Options

Replies

• nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on all of your hard work!! Amazing job!!
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    Holy hell you look fabulous!!! I am also a Type 1 diabetic so this is great to see :flowerforyou:
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore the oxygen mask metaphor.

and I absolutely LOVE the photo with your daughter and those jeans.

You are an inspiration to many; thank you!
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow! what an amazing story and pictures. I've read your profile and found it so honest and inspiring, thankyou for sharing and good luck with losing the last few pounds. Your family must be so proud of you x
  • qofspades
    qofspades Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishments and progress. :flowerforyou:
  • irisic
    irisic Posts: 55
    Options
    amazing! you look great, congratulations :)
  • MARTYJOE48
    MARTYJOE48 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration for everyone on MFP. I love the last pic with you and your daughter!!!
  • HappyAzGirl
    Options
    See the progression in photos brought tears of joy! You are my new inspiration! Thank you for sharing your wonderful success story. I know someday, as I lose more weight, my brain will "catch on" as well.
  • blessed0910
    Options
    Amazing! You look great! I love reading success stories like your own. It gives me encouragement to know I can do this, no matter how much I have to lose!
  • cwyman66
    Options
    You look awesome!! I love the pic with you and your daughter in the jeans. Changing your family tree!
  • swagner73
    swagner73 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The brain definitely takes longer in the weight loss process, at least that's the case with me. Lately, I'm not looking at the last 10 pounds that are fighting me and are so difficult to come off. Instead I started to look back. Back at the hurdles I've cleared. I lost a staggering 113 pounds in one year, all natural with no surgery and no gimmicks. I managed this being a type 1 diabetic, on insulin, thyroid issues, busy mom of 4 children with my youngest having special needs, coming out of a recent loss of my mom....I found my inner strength, I put the oxygen mask on myself first so I could help those around me. Today my brain has made some leaps in the right direction. I'm finally seeing how far I've come, the strides I made, I've stepped out of the premature grave I was digging for myself. This truly isn't a sprint to the finish line, it's a long journey I'm so thankful I've taken.

Never give up. Keep on kicking!

Omgoodness. You spoke so strongly to me this morning. I am in tears after reading your post & seeing your photos. Today is the end of my first month of loss. I have lost 9 pounds. I have well over 100 to go. I keep looking at the big picture & not what I have accomplished with the 9 lb loss with everything else I do on a daily basis. Thank you so much for posting your story. I will try to train my brain to see the positive with this & not what is left.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and you should be so proud of what you have accomplished. Way to go!
  • aleciaclark
    Options
    OMG! You look fantastic! Younger
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing! Thank you for sharing - you look great!!
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Congrats to you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • warmtea
    warmtea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look sooo beautiful and amazing. This is a great achievement, well done.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    wow you look awesome!! The difference in your face as well as your body if stunning. You look so much younger! I think you lost years as well as pounds.
  • viccigb
    viccigb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You look so beatiful and happy! Thanks for the motivation!
  • adm603
    adm603 Posts: 48
    Options
    Congratulation you look absolutely wonderful. You look younger, happier and healthier. Love the last picture!!!
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    wow great job!! i cant wait to see my daughter that happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!