Down 66 LBS with pics

Options
kayleygrav
kayleygrav Posts: 52 Member
I think I am finally ready to post my success story. ;)

I started my weight loss journey in the end of January 2012 weighing in at 185 pounds and being only 5 foot 1 after having 3 kids all by c-section I felt that my weight had crept up on me. I started mainly with your typical diet lifestyle low fat items, lean cuisine tv dinners, splenda/artificial sweeteners and every low calorie item I could get my hands on. I gradually realized that these quick fix foods were not healthy or satisfying my hunger. About a month or so into my weight loss I started reading more and more success stories from other people and realized I really needed to cut out all these processed foods, which made such a difference in the way I felt and the way I processed food. I started running in February with a goal of doing a 10 km race in the summer. I kept my calories around 1200 – 1400 cals per day which was satisfying for me. I got a gym membership and was doing classes with a friend when I could fit them in since I was on maternity leave with my son. It was tough to juggle everything but I was more than determined to make this lifestyle work since the obvious results were more motivating than anything. I started work on May 14th and was weighing in at 135 pounds at that time and had already achieved my 10 km race goal (which I finished in 53 minutes 14 seconds). I decided to start training for a half marathon after that race with a main goal of FINISHING! That was on July 7th and I finished my half marathon in 1 hour 51 minutes and 11 seconds. I was so unbelievably amazed with myself. I still am I can’t believe all that you can accomplish if you really put your mind to it. I can’t even wrap my head around what the heck took me so long to make this lifestyle change. I am so much happier with myself in everything I do. Being comfortable with the way I look has made me so much more confident at work, with friends, just all the time. It’s crazy. Anyways here are some before and after pictures. I have lost a total of 166 pounds and now weigh 119 pounds which I have maintained for about 3 weeks. I’m happy at this weight and have another half marathon planned for October 21st. Hoping to maintain this new lifestyle for the rest of my life and to forward on my new healthy habits to my three children.

BEFORE-1.jpg

before2.jpg

AFTER2.jpg

AFTER3.jpg

Replies

• Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    BEFORE-1.jpg

We need the after also. :)
  • kayleygrav
    Options
    Finally figured out pictures.
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    OMG!! You are stunning! Gorgeous pictures! Congrats girl!!
  • m03sh3ll
    m03sh3ll Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job. It is amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it.
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sooo beautiful! Congrats! You have lovely skin, too. :drinker:
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You have such gorgeous features. Congrats on your loss!
  • vatxblue1
    vatxblue1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what an achievement.

I am on the end my first week, exercised every day for 25-30 minutes, came in under calories and still weigh the same. I am a little discouraged, but will keep trying to see if I get some weight off.

Did you start losing in the first week or did it take a couple of weeks before it started dropping off?

Thanks for sharing your story and you look lovely at your new weight.

Virginia
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK TOTALLY AMAZING! WELL DONE.
  • kayleygrav
    Options
    In the first month I lost 15 lbs. I ate WAY to big of portions before and I did see a loss rather quickly. Try upping your water intake. Makes a huge difference.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Awsome - congrats!
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB! You're adorable!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Changed this to say instead (since you figured out the pics):

Awesome job, you look fantastic!!!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Love your pictures, you are beautiful and you have had amazing success. Thank you for sharing.:flowerforyou:
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Great job and congratulations.
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look great! What a huge difference in such a short time! Definitely a inspiring story :)
  • amykff
    amykff Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    wow you look fab well done!! :)
  • ldcastilleja
    Options
    :flowerforyou: How wonderful!!!! Doing it while you're young is so great...keep it through out the rest of your life! You're so pretty!!!
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your journey is very inspiring :love:
  • hopeful_heather
    Options
    congrats. absolutely beautiful.
  • Melissa592
    Options
    GIRRLLLLL...you are gorgeous!!! You have done a phenomenal job and should be VERY proud of yourself!! Thanks for the inspiration! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!