Oh why oh why did he have to....

Options

Replies

• mfoutch86
    Options
    This made me "aawwwwww" out loud. Just keep in mind that ultimately, YOU are the one who resisted the garlic bread, so be sure to thank yourself for that too! Celebrate with a brisk walk!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Awesome will power! I don't think that even in my moment of weakness I would have decided against the garlic bread!!! Major kudos on your part! This was nice to read since I have been struggling with the over eating issue lately!
  • BethJamo71
    BethJamo71 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing such a great story.
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    Great job! You took a moment of weakness and turned it into a moment of strength. Add me if you need any more friends!
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! so proud of you for making the right decision!!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Please pass the tissues. Sniff. :flowerforyou: Thanks for that story. Sniff.
  • teemarania
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on staying the course! :)
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting us share this victory with you. I like others, have enjoyed reading your posts. The appellate judges must love reading your legal briefs. (Had to be specific about that.) You are doing so well, keep it up!
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I really love reading your posts. Thanks for sharing this.
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your NSV. Its so easy to give into temptation and I hope I have half your willpower if I find myself in a similar situation. Also kudos to your mfp friends, you have a great support system!!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hats off to you. I'm not sure I could have resisted if that had happened to me but now the next time I'm tempted with something I really don't need I'm going to remember ur victory and (hopefully) resist. Thanks for sharing.
  • HellsBells61
    Options
    Lovely story & beautifully articulated. Hats off to you sir!! :happy:
  • ggof
    ggof Posts: 41
    Options
    good on u - so proud of u !!!!!!!!! .. it's u or temptation who wins .. if u let T win .. u lose .. that is how i look at it .. and i'm doing this weight loss for ME .. god that sounds selfish .. but it's not .. it's doing urself a favour .. only demons want u to eat that garlic bread .. ur arteries are begging u not to ... LOL .. <3 life is good on the slim side too !
  • j1mmysrabbit
    Options
    Well done - great commitment!!!
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What a great and motivating story! I love how committed you are to this!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on not only cast-iron willpower, but also a superb writing skill! I laughed out loud on more than one occasion :)
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    That is SO awesome!! And very well written! You should be very proud of yourself! You done good!! Really, really good! And thank you. I shall recall this post the next time I am tempted, and hopefully I'll face my challenge as well as you faced yours.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thank you for another well written touching post, I have no doubt you will see this out to the end your determination holds no bounds. Congratulations on resisting temptation I don't think I could have been so strong. Well done and keep writing those funny touching and amusing posts for us all to enjoy!!
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow! You totally inspire me! :) What an awesome display of willpower (and friend power!)! And thanks for the giggle. :) I've been there - and not always done as well as you.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow! You totally inspire me! :) What an awesome display of willpower (and friend power!)! And thanks for the giggle. :) I've been there - and not always done as well as you.

But see, April, that's the point of the story. I have *never* done as well as me in that situation until I joined MFP and assembled such a wonderful group of new friends over the past month. I mean, 25 pounds in a month? That's ridiculous. I know most of it is because I have soooo much to lose. And I know that from now on, 8-12 pounds a month is more likely, but who cares? I finally have THE key to unlocking and unzipping this fat suit. Before this past month, I have NEVER been able to do what I've done, and believe me, I tried.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!