Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I can't even do a push-up

One day, Shanna, one day...

Replies

• kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    I cant either. My goal is to do one before 2013- do you have a pushup goal?
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    I cant either. My goal is to do one before 2013- do you have a pushup goal?

5 regular push-ups in two weeks. I'm giving myself time.
  • kateowp
    You are my hero! What are you doing to ge there?
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    You are my hero! What are you doing to ge there?
    I just try to do one everyday and if I suceed, then I added another one.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Youll get it! my mom was the same, now shes doing 20+ regular and even a few clap pushups!
  • kateowp
    Let me know when you reach your goal- sounds like youre almost there!
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    You will get there if you keep at it! Just do them daily and you will amaze yourself over time....
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    last year was the first time i had done a push up in my entire life. and that was after 4 weeks of 6 day workouts. you can do this. it takes a little time and A LOT of practice. dont give up. :)
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    I used to do pushups on the stairs (facing up obviously) before I could do a meaningful number of real ones. Seemed like it worked pretty well.
  • I can't either. I can never get the form right for regular or girly ones.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    One day, Shanna, one day...

Just stick with it and you'll get there!!!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    I can't either. Only half a left foot, dawg. It'll look like a car with a flat tire on the back driver's side.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm with you. I want to be able to do 20 good ones by the end of this year!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    I suck at push-ups, but I'll get there one day.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    I was there and then I did Insanity. I literally thought I was going to die doing all the variation of pushups. In the beginning I struggled to do one and refused to do the on your knees pushups. I kept pushing play and following along doing as many as I could. Some days were better than others. Now, I can do 30 standard pushups. Huge accomplishment.

You are heading in the right direction with your plan. Just keep at it and you will gain the strength.
  • WendelinTheWeird
    WendelinTheWeird Posts: 25 Member
    I second doing push ups on the stairs. I've worked myself down to the second stair for work outs, and just out of curiosity learned that I can do one on the floor now. Getting there!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    I can't either and never will. I shattered my left shoulder a year and a half ago, so it's never going to be strong enough to do a strength move like that:ohwell:
  • rainman3k
    rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
    shannajojo,

6 weeks ago I struggled to 5 in a set, since 7pm Monday I have done over 700 in 5 hours. It will take some time, but make sure you do some exercises to build the supporting muscle groups.

This is a good website with some tips

http://scoobysworkshop.com/zero-to-100-pushups-for-complete-beginners/
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    "You can do it!" -Rob Schnieder
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    A few months ago I couldn't either. I've been doing 6 different JM DVDs. I do two levels a day, five days a week. One day I do either one level or a bunch of cleaning, one day is technically rest but it's generally a weekend day so there's a lot of general running around. Last week I did 7 real push-ups. On my toes and everything. I felt like such a bad-*kitten*. The DVDs give you a lot of opportunity to practice. I was doing only girly ones and I got really good at those. My back is flat, I can touch my nose to my exercise mat and back up with no problem. After I got to that point I knew it was time to change. I now start the circuit with regular push-ups and switch to girly push-ups when my arms start shaking.