Cottage Cheese....Like it or not?

Options

Replies

• TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love to sprinkle Season All over the top.
    I love the 'full octane' cottage cheese -- not the lite.
    I love the 'small curd'.
    Fav brands: Turner, Dean's, and (surprise) Wal-Mart home brand is pretty good.

I also love cottage cheese as a side with salads or mexican dishes like black beans/sweet corn/ salsa.

Yummy!!!
  • sarrylove
    Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback! I am definitely going to give it a try!!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I put garlic powder/salt/pepper on mine, usually on slice of 45c toast, topped off with a slice of tomato.

Also have diced up some tomatoes/cukes and had it that way as a side.

I get low fat or fat free and prefer small curds, whatever brand is on sale works for me.
  • NancyJoMoon
    NancyJoMoon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today at work we were talking about ways to eat cottage cheese. I read through the posts and didn't find this way which I have not tried yet. Mix oregano and grated lowfat parmesan cheese with the cottage cheese. I prefer my cottage cheese plain, but am thinking of trying it with oregano. Sounds really interesting.
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love me some cottage cheese. :love:

I buy "small curd" regular cottage cheese - not the light.

I like it with peaches, pineapple, cantaloupe, and tomatoes.

I also love to put it on a baked potato instead of sour cream. And I don't use any butter with it. It's nutritious and filling.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It's one of my all time favorite foods. But some brands are really gross. I hate the kinds that are really dry. I usually buy Darigold 2% but the last container I got of it was a bit on the dry side. I hope they didn't change the process of how they make it! :'( It's delicious with fruit :) I mix mine with applesauce. It doesn't look like the most appetizing thing in the world but it tastes SOOOO good
  • Dyana82
    Dyana82 Posts: 12
    Options
    I love Cottage Cheese with Pineapple. I also put it on my salads instead of Ranch!!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hate.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Not if it was the last food on earth.
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Only when it's cooked into a lasagne.
  • brokenhonu
    brokenhonu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love it with tomatoes and salt and pepper.
  • pinkroseacct
    Options
    I love the texture, but not what it does to me later (IBS hates cottage cheese - it's really high on the lactose count). If the Lactaid brand is on sale, I might buy it for a treat, but it's expensive.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it plain but it is good with dried fruit like dried cranberries of you don't mind the extra sugar or fresh fruit. I have also used it on cereal (kashi regular) as a milk substitute as it is higher in protein and add an apple and cinnamon. Also, if you prefer salty, cut up some cucumber, add some spices such as salt and pepper with chives and/or a hint of dill... It's good as a veggie dip that way with carrots, tomatoes, celery, etc. I used to eat Dannon 2% digestive health but found a brand called Friendship, here in Pennsylvania, and get the 1%. It is higher in protein and lower in sugar and has a better flavor and consistency. Friendship has a variety of milkfat % as well as textures ranging from "whipped", small curd to large curd. One of these days I am going to try the whipped stuff.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I eat it either w/ just black pepper or my favorite way is with diced fresh tomatoes.
  • IAmJeanaK
    Options
    Love it with salt :)
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like Axelrod, I especially like the cream whipped style. I like mine mixed with some lite or sugar free pie filling. Tastes like creamy pie, Right now I 'm really digging the cherry pie mix.
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Daisy 2% small curd with strawberries, peaches or pears
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I prefer plain, but it is really good with pineapple. That's my favorite combo.

I found that I personally did not like the fat free or "healthier" versions of it....the taste always seems off to me.
  • kellyh0709
    kellyh0709 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a breakfast smoothie with whizzed up cottage cheese, oats, almond milk or normal milk, honey and fruit. It gives you lots of protein which keeps you fuller and you can't tell its cheese in the smoothie.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i'm eating it now as my snack - love it. plain nothing in it. breakstone's 2% milkfat cottage cheese. yummy