Any Americans familiar with Michaels Craft Stores?

Options
MooMooooo
MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
Hi!

I was in America earlier this year (April) and while at Santa Monica I looked through a Michaels Craft store.

I found some really beautiful journals that I wanted to buy but we were already over our weight limits, I figured I would just look online at the Michaels website and order once I was home but they don't have them listed. :(

Anyone familiar with the beautiful journals they stock? (I cannot contact them via their webpage and they don't post to Oz either)

If I knew a brand name then I might be able to purchase through another retailer... please help!

Replies

• _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    We have a Michaels here in Florida but I haven't been in there in a while...I'd be happy to check & see if they have what you're talking about. Can you describe in more detail?
  • scarlet331
    scarlet331 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am familiar with Michaels. I go there to buy all my crafting supplies. I can live in that store, if need be.

Have you contacted their store or contact AC Moore as well. I am sure they will have this particular journal in stock.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Yeah, their website kinda sucks :) Good luck!
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I would just look on Amazon. Most stores like Michael's, where they have a large variety of items in stock that changes constantly, don't list their entire inventory online. And a lot of times their inventory varies by store.

Most of the time, if I see something in a store, I can find it on Amazon. You might have to browse through hundreds of pages for the particular item you are looking for, but I would be it's on there.

Sorry, I hope this helps a little!
  • momof2TONI
    momof2TONI Posts: 116
    Options
    I haven't been in Michael's in a long time but JoAnn Fabrics/Crafts carries many of the same items. You might look through their items online. Website is: www.joann.com
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    We have Michael's in San Antonio, TX, USA. Let me know if I can help!
  • Hou_LH
    Hou_LH Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think MIchaels and Hobby Lobby stores don't allow you to purchase online. I LOVE those stores but you have to physically go in to buy something. You might consider calling the store to see if they have the item you want, and then perhaps one of your mfps can set up a way to send it to you...

Good luck.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    They are blank lined pages (like any journal) but they also feature the most beautiful photographs. Really nice!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I am familiar with Michaels. =) I work for their competitor :wink:
    Chances are, the journal was just one of those random 'impulse buy' kind of things.. I'd look through amazon or ebay fro something similar :smile:
    It probably wasn't something they carry online or in other stores even..
  • KM11102011
    Options
    Try the brand Artist's Loft. :)
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    A store in the states called Garden Ridge is VERY similar...they might have an online store. I also swear by amazon, they have everything!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They change their stock often. Another place you might want to look is Barnes and Noble's website and even Amazon.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My husband is a manager at Michael's (2nd job). Describe what you're talking about and I'll have him check it out.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    nobody here rat me out to my guy friends...but I could spend hours in that store. :)

You should see the little 'treasure chest' I made for my son's bday...filled it with gold dollar coins, burried it in the back yard - gave him a treasure map and a shovel! :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I prefer Hobby Lobby. Have you tried just browsing other online retailers? Maybe you will get lucky.

Time-consuming, sure, but then you can window-shop more. FTW!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    nobody here rat me out to my guy friends...but I could spend hours in that store. :)

You should see the little 'treasure chest' I made for my son's bday...filled it with gold dollar coins, burried it in the back yard - gave him a treasure map and a shovel! :)

I never would have set foot on our Hobby Lobby if the boyfriend hadn't dragged me in there. And then he wouldn't leave!
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

And the Best Dad Ever award goes to...
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options

So.Awesome.
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options

And the Best Dad Ever award goes to...

I second that one...you are the Dad of Dads Darin!!!!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options

I LOVE this!!