how to be a GREAT, supportive husband as our wives get old

Options

Replies

• _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    In fact you look pretty awesome for 99 years old. This is hilarious and we need this kind of post a lot more often!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Wow - how long did it take you to get that out? I quite like the way the writing is all nicely spaced out and the spelling is very good, especially considering how long it is. No offence my dear, but you don't look like you can spell that well in your photo.:happy:

He stated that he didn't write it. He stated that he isn't Jim and its a joke and that he found it on the internet. He posted it in "Chit, Chat, FUN, and Games. I think your comment about his intelligence based on his looks is out of order and insulting and that you should apologise.

You're a NICE pirate.

I don't want her to apologize. Wouldn't mean **** to me. Somebody who just up and says "You look stupid" is not the kind of person I'd care enough about. I'm just a little shocked because...I dunno...I mean...I THINK I have a good sense of humour...maybe she was just being snarky? But...wow. Not even knowing me and going RIGHT to a 'looks' based insult?

And...again...I think I'm sorta cute sometimes. :)
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    Wow - how long did it take you to get that out? I quite like the way the writing is all nicely spaced out and the spelling is very good, especially considering how long it is. No offence my dear, but you don't look like you can spell that well in your photo.:happy:

What the hell are you talkin' about? What the hell would my looks have to do with my spelling?

Rant: Why is it people think they can be freely rude as long as they put in a 'no offense' disclaimer.

I was wondering the same thing. Appearance dictates intelligence..... WOW! Ignorance is rampant this morning.

Right? And...I mean...maybe I should check out the "Should the person above you change their profile pic" thread? Do I LOOK noticably stupid in that pic? Truthfully...I sorta think...I think I looked sorta cute. :)

<3

There is nothing wrong with your profile picture at all! Plus, I have to agree... You are "sorta cute" :P I love the rugged look!

How YOU Doin??? :)
    In fact you look pretty awesome for 99 years old. This is hilarious and we need this kind of post a lot more often!

Sometimes I think I look pretty awesome for THIRTY NINE, too...or...I WILL look pretty awesome when I lose my winter-layer of blubber.

:)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I think some people leave their sense of humor at home or something. Or else they just look for things to feel insulted by. It was obviously a joke and if you don't get it or like it, fine. But no need to get your panties in a wad over it.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    I cant say the OP is cute myself ... I'm not THAT nice a (or type of) pirate ;)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    it's almost like people come to these forums looking to be offended, or get into a fight... so much so that something that is a blatantly obvious joke is pounced upon like a tiger on meat.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

What the hell are you talkin' about? What the hell would my looks have to do with my spelling?

Rant: Why is it people think they can be freely rude as long as they put in a 'no offense' disclaimer.

I was wondering the same thing. Appearance dictates intelligence..... WOW! Ignorance is rampant this morning.

Right? And...I mean...maybe I should check out the "Should the person above you change their profile pic" thread? Do I LOOK noticably stupid in that pic? Truthfully...I sorta think...I think I looked sorta cute. :)

<3

Maybe that's the problem? Cute = Dumb?

Look at Einstein, after all. Though, in his own way ...
  • DetroitDarin
    Options

(whew). :)

:shakes your hand:

:then I switch hands and say 'But I...I am not left-handed!" :
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    it's almost like people come to these forums looking to be offended, or get into a fight... so much so that something that is a blatantly obvious joke is pounced upon like a tiger on meat.

I really would NOT be offended if a lady wanted to..uh...pounce...on...my....uh...meat....

:p

• Onmynewadventure
    Options

LOL!!!! Every time I see your profile pic, I picture Westly saying, "As you wish" :laugh:
  • Onmynewadventure
    Options

I really would NOT be offended if a lady wanted to..uh...pounce...on...my....uh...meat....

:p

:blushing: Well I declare!
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of: Blonde=stupid!!

Look at Einstein, he was a super genius. If looks = intelligence, well .... You my dear, Detroitdarin would be uber genius!
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    I get a lot of: Blonde=stupid!!

Look at Einstein, he was a super genius. If looks = intelligence, well .... You my dear, Detroitdarin would be uber genius!

Holy Crap..

How YOU DOIN????? Hey baby!! :)
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! But dangerous if you were my husband... As the lawn I am mowing would have your decomposing body underneath!

This reply is almost funnier than the original post!
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one finding Einstein sort of cute?
    OK... don't answer that, I already know I am crazy.

OP: this thing you posted is really funny! And I see it kind of made you pick up a girl here in the forums. :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Sadly enough...this describes my ex...which is why he's now my ex....

sadly for him...on top of all my expected chores, I was the breadwinner in the family...since he had to singlehandedly support facebook with 24/7 monitoring and interaction...

so happily...i now find this joke funny...
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    :laugh: You are hilarious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I will not let my boyfriend read this, just in case he doesn't get it.

You're a dangerous man!
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    "I know...Some folks are so serious...it's as if they are about to go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

Love the princess bride reference!