What sushi rolls do you get?

Options
124»

Replies

• YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    California roll, Spicy tuna, and Philadelphia are my favorites.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I went with a white tuna avocado roll and a cucumber avocado roll (both with brown rice) with edamame and tom yum soup for a starter (it was an Asian fusion place that had Thai, Chinese, and Japanese). So good!!!

that sounds awesome!!!
  • Julesfame
    Julesfame Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Narudo roll is low-cal. It is wrapped with cucumber, I think.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have sushi as a cheat meal so I don't eat it to stay within a calorie limit (or sodium, for that matter). That being said, I love me the volcano roll and rainbow roll. oh, nom.
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    nigirizushi all the way,,,, no rolls for me !!!!!
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sushi and Sashimi and I usually count but don't care what it adds up too :-)

Everyone is saying fill up on Miso and while low in calories and high in nutriants, it is also really high in salt - like ridiculously high. That amount of salt can cause bloating and water weight gain :-(

Seaweed salad is nice and edemame with no salt is yummy. I agree the best option is sashimi with brown rice, steamed rice or sushi rice (in that order) is best with minimal low sodium soy sauce (or none).

BUT if you aren't into that then any roll with veg only or lower cal fish with no tempura, crunch or lots of sauce or spicy mayo.

Have fun and good eating!
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    snow crab and asparagus, spicy shrimp, california! :) YUUUMMM!
  • greenbaboond
    Options
    I have to admit, I've been eating a lot of sushi lately - and still losing weight...which just shows how bad my diet was before I got serious about getting fit.

I try to avoid sushi with cream cheese or lots of sauces on top.

That said - it's been my replacement for eating out and fast food.
  • jblack1414
    Options
    Why mess around with rolls when there's sashimi to be had?

Agreed and its one of the healthiest choices on the menu.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    When I'm eating sushi, counting calories is the farthest thing from my mind. It's one of my guilty "once in a while" pleasures. I like just about anything with avocado, salmon, or spicy tuna. I've been known to shove those huge cream-cheese covered rolls into my face, as well. :laugh:

This, completely

If I must count calories I stick with sashimi and may get 1 roll that isn't deep fried or loaded with cream cheese with brown rice instead of white.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    This thread was my trigger today and I ended up going to a Chinese buffet and eating almost 800 calories of sushi and rice. Thanks...

It was delicious anyway and I have to make sure I get my walk in after work today to stay in the green. :ohwell:
  • srudis25
    srudis25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Whenever I treat myself, I have the sashimi deluxe platter with miso soup! YUM! :happy:
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    California Roll and Philadelphia Roll

I find them to be a lot less calories than what I used to eat....I just work them into my calories.
  • HannahK08
    HannahK08 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I live in Japan so if we go out for sushi... Im not counting calories but I dont go crazy either! But I also dont eat the rice.. I eat the salmon, squid, shrimp, ect... off the top of it! Tasty!!
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't like seafood OR paying $8-$16 for veggie rolls, so I make my own at home. It's cheap, I get to put whatever I want in, plus I can control the amount of sodium.