Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Some people have diseases or allergies that causes them to not metabolize things the same as others. I'm sorry, but everyone is genetically pre-dis-positioned differently and because of our genetic makeup, no single person on earth should follow the same diet as everyone else. You don't tell a hypoglycemic person to go on a low carb diet; you also don't tell person who just had cardiovascular surgery to go on a high fat diet.

Everyone IS different, so thank you for your pedantic speech on how you don't like people who claim to be different than you because it was humorous to see your arrogance. But if it helps you get over your inferiority complex to believe everyone is the same then go for it buddy; but I am nothing like you and my body functions differently than yours does (but I *am* seeing results so I am not complaining about the difference).
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    There's always one wizard in the room that defies thermodynamics (and doesn't RTFA).
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Some people have diseases or allergies that causes them to not metabolize things the same as others. I'm sorry, but everyone is genetically pre-dis-positioned differently and because of our genetic makeup, no single person on earth should follow the same diet as everyone else. You don't tell a hypoglycemic person to go on a low carb diet; you also don't tell person who just had cardiovascular surgery to go on a high fat diet.

Everyone IS different, so thank you for your pedantic speech on how you don't like people who claim to be different than you because it was humorous to see your arrogance. But if it helps you get over your inferiority complex to believe everyone is the same then go for it buddy; but I am nothing like you and my body functions differently than yours does (but I *am* seeing results so I am not complaining about the difference).

I don't think you read the whole thing, but please, tell me more about this wizardry.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

EDIT: Did you read the article? Please tell me the above is sarcasm?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Hehehe, I was hoping for one.

SOOO if everyone should be following a different diet plan.. kind of silly to have a bunch of users on a calorie counting website with one algorithm designed to estimate their caloric needs huh? According to your logic MFP should have a total of one user.

Because everyone else is completely different after all.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    wow, long article.. bump to read later
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm a unicorn goddamnit.

Spit water all over my keyoard..thanks!
  • RubyWare
    RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    But I fart glitter.

*GASP* I thought that was only me!!!
  • jillebean60
    jillebean60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I started using MFP and actually started doing the math, I realized just how much I UNDERESTIMATED my caloric intake. BY A LOT! Probably as much as 600-800 cals per day!!! That's a tremendous amount when you're supposed to be eating somewhere between BMR and TDEE.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    The first thing people should do when starting out is read Lyle's website. Www.bodyrecomposition.com
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    why_so_mean.jpg?w=720

*swoon*
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Bravo on the straight cut n paste....bravo
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Bravo on the straight cut n paste....bravo

I also had to format it. Added newlines and bolding. That was some hard work! I may or may not have also embedded subliminal messages.

Now I've said too much.
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I hear this all the time. It's "my metabolism" "my genetics" "my meds" Okay so there are some meds that will mess you up but mostly it is an excuse. I was really good with them before I came to terms with biting the bullet and doing what it took. I am a heart patient...I'm different. LOL Actually, it is IMPERATIVE that I eat right, lose my weight and keep it down and exercise Exercise makes my heart stronger. The only concession I really have to make is I have to set a careful pace with my exercise. I have to start slow- I did and work up. I am now working out an hour or more a day but I couldn't start there. There will likely not be any 90 day shreds for me and I am really okay with that. My walking and yoga are helping me lose at a nice steady pace and toning up my body nicely. So if I can do it- I know you can do it.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options

The article mentioned that and accounted for it. It's talking about people who are not genetically pre-dispositioned for diabetes, insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome, and other things that have a direct effect on fat storage.

However, once those syndromes are under control via medication, the "lower your calories, lose weight" formula applies the same as it does for everyone else. That's what the article is addressing.
  • howie4four
    howie4four Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i need to read this over and over again....
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Bumping again to keep it alive.