Dear women over the age of 20

Options

Replies

• alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'll play since I started it. But does Old Navy count as juniors? Cause yeah, I shop there a lot and buy cheap clothes. I'm a huge hypocrite. I also already apologized for those who missed it.

Old Navy sweater, $24 "mom" jeans from JC Penney:
    IMAG0619-1.jpg

Old Navy dress w/ used Nine West boots:
    IMAG0652.jpg

Walgreens dress, seriously.
    IMAG0985.jpg

Walmart sweater, JC Penny pants:
    IMAG0995.jpg

Old Navy tank, Kohl's shorts:
    IMAG0992-1.jpg

Kohls dress, Banana Republic jacket (I have the whole suit).
    IMAG0183.jpg
    Now I see why the OP was hating.

Mom haircut - Check.

Mom clothes - Check.

Mom jeans - Check. The saggy knee look works on no one.

Bermuda shorts - Check. Seriously, just no.

Yea, I'm gonna stick to the junior's section. Maybe when I'm 40, I'll dress like I'm 40. But while I'm in my 20s....not so much.

Wow. That's way meaner than anything I've said. Thanks. I wasn't hating on anyone. I happen to like how I dress. I AM a mom. I'm 32. I work in an office. I also like short hair.

...Yah that was kinda mean!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Please stop shopping in the juniors department. The clothes are cheapy made. They are made to fit the bodies of teenagers (children). They run small so you can probably go down a size by moving up into "grown up" clothes. And yeah, they are made for teenagers. I don't believe you need to dress "your age" but there is a certain something special about dressing in a sophisticated manner.

agreed completely! drives me crazy when i see 30 year olds in juniors.

OBSESSED with those boots! sorry off topic but you look amazing...from the Juniors' section! :happy:

go ahead, have a heart attack

310846_10150787896250107_2326626_n.jpg
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that you would compliment her on her look, as I recall baggy knees on jeans don't look good on anyone and qualify said jeans as "mom jeans."

Those jeans are Juniors. Levi's. Not baggy at all (wearing them right now)

There's no less "bag" on the knees of your jeans in your picture than there is on Rae's. Look at your knees, look at her knees, same "bag." I'm not hating on your jeans, I'm just pointing out that the point she was making was inconsistent.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that you would compliment her on her look, as I recall baggy knees on jeans don't look good on anyone and qualify said jeans as "mom jeans."

There's no less "bag" on the knees of your jeans in your picture than there is on Rae's. Look at your knees, look at her knees, same "bag."

I'd like to know where you people find jeans that don't bag at the knee when standing but still allow you to sit and walk. Those are some magic jeans.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Heidi Klum is about the only woman I see wear junior's style clothing and she can work it. The rest just look stupid.

Bummer, I guess I look stupid on a regular basis.

Me too. :( I guess all those people who tell me how great I look when I'm dressed up are really saying "You look like an idiot". :(

We can all look fabulously stupid. But at least we're fabulous?? Ok..I'm working towards my former fabulous self.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

There's no less "bag" on the knees of your jeans in your picture than there is on Rae's. Look at your knees, look at her knees, same "bag."

I'd like to know where you people find jeans that don't bag at the knee when standing but still allow you to sit and walk. Those are some magic jeans.

Where I get mine they also sell some produce, I've seen mushrooms and herbs . . .
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    See like I said, *****es be crazy. OP even apologized for her OP....then some whack biznatch has to come and completely tear her look apart. Disgusting.

OP you're very young at 32! Stop trying to age yourself. You are young! Rock it while you can! You won't be forever! You're cute too and your clothes are fine!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

JC penney's. St. John's bay next to the jr's section. (Next to... so it's still appropriate to wear them)
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is a hater...juniors used to fit better on me than womens and i still have jeans fro
    The junior section i hope to still fit into.But until you shell out the dough for my wardrobe stfu
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

juniors section - Alloy & Delias, American Eagle, Abercrombie & H&M (for khakis)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'll play since I started it. But does Old Navy count as juniors? Cause yeah, I shop there a lot and buy cheap clothes. I'm a huge hypocrite. I also already apologized for those who missed it.

Just FYI, I think you look just fine. And your haircut is cute. :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Old Navy sweater, $24 "mom" jeans from JC Penney:
    IMAG0619-1.jpg

Old Navy dress w/ used Nine West boots:
    IMAG0652.jpg

Walgreens dress, seriously.
    IMAG0985.jpg

Walmart sweater, JC Penny pants:
    IMAG0995.jpg

Old Navy tank, Kohl's shorts:
    IMAG0992-1.jpg

Kohls dress, Banana Republic jacket (I have the whole suit).
    IMAG0183.jpg

Mom haircut - Check.

Mom clothes - Check.

Yea, I'm gonna stick to the junior's section. Maybe when I'm 40, I'll dress like I'm 40. But while I'm in my 20s....not so much.

Wow. That's way meaner than anything I've said. Thanks. I wasn't hating on anyone. I happen to like how I dress. I AM a mom. I'm 32. I work in an office. I also like short hair.
    Yes, but you're running around dictating to everyone that they should shop in the section that YOU shop in, and that the section YOU shop in is not frumpy.

Sorry, but to many, many people that's frumpy.

If you didn't want anyone to criticize you, maybe you shouldn't have criticized an entire group of people first. Karma sucks.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

Yeah, grad school was awesome like that, septum piercing and all, no one cared. Any chemistry job I've looked at, though was "business casual (jeans on fridays!)" I still have the septum piercing, but I don't wear so it shows at work, obviously.

Yeah, I figure I will need to tone it down when I get a "real job". Hence, I'm getting the pink hair out of the system now ;-)

My only real regret in life is not getting a mohawk before I had to get a real job. Seriously, I would've looked like Wendy O' Williams, two feet of hair to hawk!

I would LOVE a mo-hawk but settle for my faux-hawk (in my profile picture right now) because my husband would die if I shaved my head lol.

I too kept mine long because of a boy who prefered it (who is now my husband), and like I said, it's one of my only real regrets in this life. I say hawk it. It'll grow back.

ETA: Ok, I'm done living vicariously through your hair. Do what you want with it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If you didn't want anyone to criticize you, maybe you shouldn't have criticized an entire group of people first. Karma sucks.

I didn't criticize anyone. I asked people to stop shopping in the juniors section. I then apologized that my suggestion was taken as an insult as I didn't mean it that way.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options

Mom haircut - Check.

Mom clothes - Check.

Wow. You're a peach. Way to be really nasty to someone who tried to start a funny thread and who apologized like an adult for offending anyone.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Yes, but you're running around dictating to everyone that they should shop in the section that YOU shop in, and that the section YOU shop in is not frumpy.

Sorry, but to many, many people that's frumpy.

I hope you dress prettier than you're acting
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Mom haircut - Check.

Mom clothes - Check.

Wow. You're a peach. Way to be really nasty to someone who tried to start a funny thread and who apologized like an adult for offending anyone.
    And then after apologizing, continued to rag on women shopping in the junior's section* Fix'd it.

And there was nothing funny about the thread. Like....at all.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I still shop in the juniors department. I'm 5'2'' AND short waisted, with narrow hips, so when I shop in the "ladies'" department, my crotch looks weird in pants.

I am all of the above except I do have hips and I still have the same problems in the "ladies" department!!! By the way love your Painting with a Twist pic!!
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

They aren't magical I assure you....

photo.php?fbid=1752409057948&set=a.1752405137850.2100792.1470546819&type=3&theater
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options

Mom haircut - Check.

Mom clothes - Check.

And then after apologizing, continued to rag on women shopping in the junior's section* Fix'd it.

And there was nothing funny about the thread. Like....at all.

Only because you don't understand the OP's humor. Your comments were incredibly rude.