FIT BIT ULTRA

Options

Replies

• Krisstah
    Krisstah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    just got mine today and havent really gotten to see what it can do for me yet, but so far ive been enjoying seeing the steps counted, i went for a 25 min walk just to get the steps up higher, and cant wait to log my sleep
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I was thinking about getting one or a Nike Fuelband when I hit my next goal weight.
    I might end up getting both because I'm a gadget freak.
    I can get the Fitbit for $80 by using my AMEX.
  • cathyklr9
    Options
    what is that?
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It's AWESOME! <3<3
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    love love love my fitbit.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    It definitely helps motivate me. I will do extra walking or stairs just to get the numbers up. Customer service replaced the one that my husband lost for free without any hassle.

I have just recently figured out that if you set the stopwatch when you start your exercise (such as walking or running), it will give you a breakdown of how many calories that you burned, miles traveled, etc. during that workout. So much easier than trying to read the count for every 5 minutes and add them up!
  • TXStephSki
    TXStephSki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day with my FitBit, it's been fun! My husband and I are already competing with each other. I went on a long walk with the dog last night just to get over 10k steps.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I've had it for about six weeks and it has motivated me to get more active without having to always get all sweaty. I try to climb stairs as well as walk extra steps. Today I reached 10,0000 steps including 25 flights of stairs. I'm addicted. I wear it all the time except when I'm doing Zumba. - then I wear an HRM.
  • Tara910
    Tara910 Posts: 4
    Options
    I had one and really liked it but about 3 months after getting it I ran it through the wash and it was no more. And I remember when I got it there were all these warnings about not putting it in the wash and I thought "Who would be stupid enough to do that?" But after a while you get so used to it being on you that you kind of forget about it and in it went.

Not wanting to spend another $100+ I instead downloaded an app (Accupedo) on my android phone that would track motion and steps. It is not as full featured as the fitbit and of course only works when you carry your phone but for free I thought it was a good replacement.

I have had mine since May and I LOVE it! Unfortunately, after having it for less than 3 weeks, it fell out of the holster and got flushed down the toilet (long story- be careful using the holster). I Was devastated, so I contacted customer service to see if they would possibly give me a discount to replace it. I told them what happened and they replaced it for free, no questions asked! I had my free replacement within a week. I was totally impressed by their customer service and have recommended FitBit to several friends.

Its very motivating to try to meet your movement goals, and just to see how many calories you have burned in a day. More than anything, I think it has helped me be more aware of how much time I was spending sitting still (it graphs how much time you spend sedentary, lightly active, moderately active and very active.)

It's a bit pricey, but in my opinion it's worth every penny!
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I had one and really liked it but about 3 months after getting it I ran it through the wash and it was no more. And I remember when I got it there were all these warnings about not putting it in the wash and I thought "Who would be stupid enough to do that?" But after a while you get so used to it being on you that you kind of forget about it and in it went.

Not wanting to spend another $100+ I instead downloaded an app (Accupedo) on my android phone that would track motion and steps. It is not as full featured as the fitbit and of course only works when you carry your phone but for free I thought it was a good replacement.

Did you contact Fitbit? I've heard they are super customer-friendly and replace them easily when you have a mishap.
    (Tara beat me. But see??)
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    :love: LOVE mine!! Best investment I have made!
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My husband and I each have one and we love it! Also, best customer service ever. He lost his and contacted them to see if they had a discounted one since he didn't need replacements for the other stuff that comes with it (charged, etc) and they sent him a replacement one for free!
  • djdiem
    djdiem Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had mine since April, and use it daily. It is highly motivating, and now I don't even take the elevator in my building. Also I lost mine last month, and they replaced it for free! I love it!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Love mine! Had it since June. I've found it gives me the extra kick to get moving.
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love mine and it synced up beautifully. I don't know what i did before i got mine.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I love mine too! The syncing with MFP is great and I love earning the activity badges. Right now I debating on whether or not to climb 4 more flights of stairs to give me 25 for the day. Well, there's no debate...just a matter of when I'm going to do it. I get up and walk around or climb stairs at work throughout the day. I went for a walk this evening to get some extra steps in and now I'm 1500 steps shy of 20,000 for the day! Ouside of exercise, I NEVER would have gotten this much daily activity without it. Best $99 I could have spent.
  • tanterror
    tanterror Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It makes me push myself harder when I workout, and throughout the day.
  • marcf2001
    marcf2001 Posts: 110
    Options
    I have mine for 6 months now and I love it also. Great motivator.
    It was replaced once also for free.

I have been trying back and forth linking my fitbit with mfp and at the end, I am not linking them.
    I prefer to enter my specifc workouts in mfp, as I had the feeling the fitbit calorie adjustement was too big.

It is a personal choice and you might want to test also unlinking/ relinking like what I did.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    But it doesnt measure the calories burnt during other workouts???
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    how does it work when you also use a HRM during exercise? do you just take it off during those periods so that it doesn't track or do you have to go online and modify it there?

also, i'd heard that riding in the car (or subway, etc) can sometimes make it very inaccurate as far as stairs or steps, especially if it's hilly. how much of a pain/issue is this and do you have to go into the website every day and fix it? or what if you forget to fix it?

thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!