Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

For the people who measure their bodies..

I have been working super hard to lose weight and I have lost 30lbs in less than 3 months, but when I got on the scale it showed a 2lb gain. I know that it could be water weight, maybe it's because I am improving on my muscle mass..whatever the reason I don't care lol...I have decided to start measuring my neck, bust ,hips,waist,thighs and calves. My question is how often do you measure yourself? I read somewhere every couple months, every month, every week.... what do you do??

Replies

• DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Once every couple of weeks if I'm really working at it. Less when I go on maintenance.
  • mystry11
    mystry11 Posts: 34
    I just measured yesterday so for me im going to do it every 2 weeks good luck too
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Once every couple of weeks if I'm really working at it. Less when I go on maintenance.
    What exactly is maintenance?
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Maintenance is when you are not actively trying to drop weight, but not gain it. I do it through holidays, vacations, when work outs are hard to sneak in. And then I will hunker down and start my "diet" again
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    When I started at the beginning of the summer I measured every week when I did my weigh in - I saw a lot of changes fast. Now, it's every 2-4 weeks that I measure. It's still coming off, just a little at a time.
  • I measure once a month
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    I have been at it now for a little over a month(diet and exercise that is). I have measured myself 2x. I have since decided that perhaps the results will be more dramatic if I wait a month to do it. I don't have to measure now til Sept 19th.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    I've just been doing the measurements on the first of every month and that's it. Some measurements don't change very quickly and there is a margin of error, so I think measuring more often just gives me something else to worry about. If you are starting a new, more intense workout plan, I would say once every week or two would be fine at the beginning, but don't get obsessed about it.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 300 Member
    I do the first day of the month.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    I am just getting started (18 days in) and I weigh and measure every Sunday.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Once a month.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    I measure and weigh every Sunday.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 733 Member
    Usually 1x a month
  • miame22
    miame22 Posts: 16
    I measure myself every month and also do body fat percentage then too. I weight twice a week but only record it once a week (just to see if it's a fluke).
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Well GOLLY I've decided to measure myself on the first of every month and weigh in on the scale once a week. I will probably peek in between but not log it.
  • Is there a place on this site to log measurements? I've been through so many sites the past week now that I've started my exercise/diet program and I know I've seen it around, just can't recall if it was here or not. THX!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    I measure the full gamut once a week, around my belly at the thinnest spot every day.

When I was losing I was losing about 1/8" off the thinnest part of my belly every other day. So about 16 days per inch or roughly two inches a month.

Nowadays it tells me if my gains are fat or muscle.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Is there a place on this site to log measurements? I've been through so many sites the past week now that I've started my exercise/diet program and I know I've seen it around, just can't recall if it was here or not. THX!
    Yes there is. I think the tab is called check in to record weight and some measurements. I know that I have been able to add categories to measure too, probably in one of the setting things, maybe under goals?
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    I've learned to judge my loss by measurements and not so much the scale. I try to measure once a week or every other week. It also depends on why type of excersise I'm doing. When I did the 30 Day Shred, I took measurements every 10 days. Now I'm doing Insanity and I'm taking measurements every week. It helps me to keep focused, even if I see I'm down 1/2 an inch.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    every 2 weeks!