Dear women over the age of 20

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes, where is the tall chicks store????? So needed!

They have some, I've heard of them. One in downtown Denver.

I was really annoyed looking for work pants. Long jeans are easy but work appropriate trousers? Impossible.

...i know where you can find khakis/trousers for tall people. But I don't think you'll like my answer.

I looked! Juniors are way too tight on my thighs. I ended up with one "mom" pair with a high waist (size 8) a and few from Old Navy that are too tight on my thighs (but a size 10) but I keep thinking they'll fit someday.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Yes, where is the tall chicks store????? So needed!

They have some, I've heard of them. One in downtown Denver.

I was really annoyed looking for work pants. Long jeans are easy but work appropriate trousers? Impossible.

...i know where you can find khakis/trousers for tall people. But I don't think you'll like my answer.

I looked! Juniors are way too tight on my thighs. I ended up with one "mom" pair with a high waist (size 8) a and few from Old Navy that are too tight on my thighs (but a size 10) but I keep thinking they'll fit someday.

LOL I thought she was talking about a totally different place
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    what size are you? Have you tried Boscov's if they're in your area? Let me go look, but I found a brand at JCpenney's that fit tall ppl. I tried on about 20 pair. seriously. for a court date (On the right side of the law, of course!) I have a 5'10 daughter and they FINALLY started selling tall jeans at Kohl's this year.

also st john bays brand at penney's is also good.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Ann Taylor has a pair of "Tall Julie" pants for $45 (which is the clearance, price, and non-refundable.) (And that's why I still can't afford them. :brokenheart: )
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Please stop shopping in the juniors department. The clothes are cheapy made. They are made to fit the bodies of teenagers (children). They run small so you can probably go down a size by moving up into "grown up" clothes. And yeah, they are made for teenagers. I don't believe you need to dress "your age" but there is a certain something special about dressing in a sophisticated manner.

I have a couple of friends who do shop in that section and do find with it. The clothing doesn't look bad on them at all. I don't believe its cheaply made since some of my teen clothing has outlasted my 'adult' clothing. It all depends on the product.
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Buy petites.

The petite selection in most stores is HIDEOUS.

Agreed! I'm 25, so I fit the "over the age of 20" description in the title, but I am 5'0" and if I can find cute outfits in juniors I will. I am not anyone's mother, I don't want to wear Mom Jeans. And I don't want to go buying clothing just to then have everything I own tailored. Maybe in a few yrs, but why now?
  • Rhea30
    Options
    Women's pants are always huge in the crotch area on me for some reason....

That's because you don't have them pulled up to your boobs lol. Sorry that's how it feels when I wear them.

They make mid and low-rise pants in misses sizes. I own some. The waist falls below my belly button and the crotch is where it should be.

I have not found them yet, but I quit looking, I just get my jeans from the Jr. Department, jeans are jeans in my opinion. I actually love Bongo brand but I don't currently own any, I do not spend more then $10 on jeans right now, when I hit my goal I'll buy more expensive jeans.

That is right, jeans are jeans and the label Jr and size change is just trying to target that group but doesn't mean you can't stop wearing it because you're an adult if you can fit it. The label and size is purely superficial for marketing.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I disagree. There are a bunch of nice things in the junior department that fit me, but don't look like they should be on a teenager. I shop in the junior department often... use common sense, too. You'd never know, though! Clothes look great. I look great.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    The worthington brand at penney's runs long as well as the allen B brand run long.
    apparently... they don't sell their brand in cords anymore? But they sell glittery gold pants... in the women's. WOW hideous!

In the slack section of Target, they have black slacks "fit 4"?? they also run long. they probably won't last long, but I wear them maybe once a month?
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I didn't read every post so if someone said this, my apologies for the repeat...

Mental maturity is important. I read a few of the posts by people who posted that they still shop in the junior section. Based on what they wrote (and often how it was written), they are shopping in the right place. OP, I think those of us who have adult lives realize that the juniors section isn't for us. I have been in meetings with people who knew no better and I was totally entertained.

Don't try to tell them anything, you'll remove the things that make me (along with other owners and upper management members) laugh. I saw some of the outfits from juniors sections that were posted. Depends on where you are going... Club, grocery store, laundry mat? Sure. Professional place of employment, adult gathering? HELL NO.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I saw some of the outfits from juniors sections that were posted. Depends on where you are going... Club, grocery store, laundry mat? Sure. Professional place of employment, adult gathering? HELL NO.

I think my outfit was from JCP's and Target...not sure if JR's. Maybe....but I was going to work. As a high school teacher. I'm not wearing suits every day. Sorry! I do have several very nice "power ***** suits" and some nice casual professional business wear though. Just kind of silly to teach teenagers in every single day.

Rae, I didn't take offense at all to your original post. I was just joining in the convo and stating my opinion.
  • Rhea30
    Options
    I didn't read every post so if someone said this, my apologies for the repeat...

Mental maturity is important. I read a few of the posts by people who posted that they still shop in the junior section. Based on what they wrote (and often how it was written), they are shopping in the right place. OP, I think those of us who have adult lives realize that the juniors section isn't for us. I have been in meetings with people who knew no better and I was totally entertained.

Don't try to tell them anything, you'll remove the things that make me (along with other owners and upper management members) laugh. I saw some of the outfits from juniors sections that were posted. Depends on where you are going... Club, grocery store, laundry mat? Sure. Professional place of employment, adult gathering? HELL NO.

Those who live adult lives also knows it really doesn't matter where you are getting your clothing as long as you have clothing. The mentally of having to shop a certain area is a teenager mentally. That's a teenagers worry, not to be seen or to shop outside of 'their' section or to get caught in clothing that wasn't targeted for them. When people grow up they learn it doesn't matter and you can shop where you want, even if its Jr's.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I shop NY & Cali without a budget so I don't have an issue finding clothes but the longer tops (as I have a longer torso and bigger chest so it shortens everything) are in short supply. Not really a mall shopper, do like Woodbury commons, small designer specific shops, thrift stores, boutiques and even Target! The JCP here is full of Land's End and turtle necks, maybe they are different everywhere? Considered similar to Kmart (yuk) in these parts....
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheap ***** and I find Kohls to have a nice ladies section that doesn't look like old ladies for a good price.

However, I just can't find the 1980s cartoon t-shirts that I still adore wearing (at 27 and until I die) in an appropriate section. Mens, Boys, Juniors... I once had a woman tell me that her 12ish year old (I can't recall the exact age) had the same Dr. Suess t-shirt that I was wearing.

Her daughter was obviously super awesome.

ETA: I do only wear plain t-shirts and jeans, so nothing "fashionable" like those kids now-a-days wear, like those tutu looking skirts and skin tight neon yellow jeggings and ****.
  • PerfectAndi
    Options
    I'm 18 and I only buy 1/2 my clothes in the juniors!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen, I'd only shop at cool stores, like American Eagle, A&F, ect. Now I realize most of the clothes there are overprices and shoddily made
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Those who live adult lives also knows it really doesn't matter where you are getting your clothing as long as you have clothing. The mentally of having to shop a certain area is a teenager mentally. That's a teenagers worry, not to be seen or to shop outside of 'their' section or to get caught in clothing that wasn't targeted for them. When people grow up they learn it doesn't matter and you can shop where you want, even if its Jr's.

That's a pretty spot on point.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Speaking of mom jeans.... this cracks me up!
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mom-jeans/229048
    Just wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing. Look how happy these ladies are! :)
  • serf3469
    serf3469 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Unlike most guys, I love older women, they are hot, I can see that wearing the clothing with the butt that says princess, but if they have the fit body, that matches that of a 20 year old, they might as well wear the clothing, no harm, if you have it and want to show it, then fine, if people are affended, then don't look. Once in a while I will see woman in their 40's or 50's that are fit, drop dead gorgeous, and are wearing clothing of that of college girls, hey I think they are hot, they feel good wearing it, don't tell people how to dress.

Take care

Brian
    women over 40 rock.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks that someone can shop wherever they bloody well want to? :smokin: